World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yes. Also, any slot with a legendary in it (in any spec), or an artifact relic that you already have BiS for.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A guy on reddit told me I was basically the worst monk he'd ever seen, can you take a look Sumdain?

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

I agree I'm not great, I mean I've been tanking on my Monk for like a week.... but I don't know if I'm the worst. I didtake his advice and I'm going to work on prioritizing BoC -> TP over the other abilities at first.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well I asked for help on reddit just to have someone examine my logs and see what I could improve.

I know what to improve now, he was just overly crass. The way he said it was shitty, but I have a thick skin. But having someone else take a look won' hurt.

I will warn you that on Botanist we had some tank deaths and a few times I had to purify 12M damage staggers, so my ISB usage wasn't on point.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I lose a spectacular amount of self-heal because I can't actually hit things. =/

I'm thinking I might switch target to the add to wail on it for a bit while you tank Botanist/Arcanist, because that's the only way I'll be able to maintain leech/bracers during the whole fight. It really does matter. I was dying like I was in 860s last night and it was seriously demoralizing, haha.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
so initial things i see

- ISB uptime should be 98%+

- You can probably get 2 uses of fortifying brew on a fight lasting over 4 minutes

- DPS, so you started the fight with KS--BoS--BoF--TP--BoS--ISB--BoS--TP. you are empowering the first ISB in that rotation and eating the BoS for the first TP which over a 5 minute fight loses you a ton of damage. a decent rotation would be Ks-bos-tp-filler-bos-tp-bos-tp-repeat. Filler can be bof, EH, or simply wait time.

- exploding keg you could have probably gotten another 2 casts in if used slightly earlier

- i start most fights by chugging 3 ISB's, BoB, 2 ISBs, hold 1 for purify and then hover around 1-2 for the rest of the fight until BoB comes off cooldown then quickly chug everything you have to ISB and then hold 2 for Purify i usually hover around 30 seconds remaining on ISB for most of the fight.

- stat priority, look at dropping some haste for crit or more mastery i'm at 27crit/15haste/29mastery/8vers for example, i also run a BTI for occasional haste bump.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
so initial things i see

- ISB uptime should be 98%+

- You can probably get 2 uses of fortifying brew on a fight lasting over 4 minutes

- DPS, so you started the fight with KS--BoS--BoF--TP--BoS--ISB--BoS--TP. you are empowering the first ISB in that rotation and eating the BoS for the first TP which over a 5 minute fight loses you a ton of damage. a decent rotation would be Ks-bos-tp-filler-bos-tp-bos-tp-repeat. Filler can be bof, EH, or simply wait time.

- exploding keg you could have probably gotten another 2 casts in if used slightly earlier

- i start most fights by chugging 3 ISB's, BoB, 2 ISBs, hold 1 for purify and then hover around 1-2 for the rest of the fight until BoB comes off cooldown then quickly chug everything you have to ISB and then hold 2 for Purify i usually hover around 30 seconds remaining on ISB for most of the fight.

- stat priority, look at dropping some haste for crit or more mastery i'm at 27crit/15haste/29mastery/8vers for example, i also run a BTI for occasional haste bump.
Thanks, I guess I was empowering BOF's to keep the cooldown low but perhaps I should just empower tiger strikes. That'll be a pretty big DPS increase.

I try to do that ISB rotation but I was getting trucked on botanist towards the end

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Noodle would you mind posting what the guy on reddit told you for recommendation ? you can edit out him being an asshole =p

Alkorin on the warrior - for botanist when the first split occurs i normally swap to the add and i made a macro to taunt the main recursive strike guy normally i dont single target the primary guy and just stay on the 2nd guy the entire fight. same thing with the monk i make a macro to grab the third add when he spawns and ill keep on him ST and let my cleave hold the recursive strike guy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Alright, I looked over all your logs.....its pretty awful. Like really awful. You are missing so many casts of keg smash, Breath of fire and Exploding Keg. You should be using all those abilities on CD unless you are expected to get meleed to death at some point then save exploding keg for the mechanic. Here is your rotational priority KS > BoF > Tiger Palm when above 65 energy > BoS as filler. You need to be using KS and BoF off CD and always make sure you have enough energy to do so. Doing the rotation properly ensures you are getting the max amount of brew charges throughout the fight.

So solid advice after telling me I'm terrible

Looking through his comment history he's just a shithead

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Alkorin on the warrior - for botanist when the first split occurs i normally swap to the add and i made a macro to taunt the main recursive strike guy normally i dont single target the primary guy and just stay on the 2nd guy the entire fight. same thing with the monk i make a macro to grab the third add when he spawns and ill keep on him ST and let my cleave hold the recursive strike guy.

Sounds like a plan. I'm going to try this on next H kill. Thanks.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Noodleface Noodleface

With bos you shouldn't be using your empowerments on brews unless it's a situational need. Reason being is its far more benificial to empower tp bof or ks instead and you don't want to lose any of those. Pausing stagger or gaining 1 stack of brawlers not worth losing the damage and cd reduction of your brews.

Also if your getting pummeled and constantly in the red don't panic and start spamming purify.(I fuck this up) Usually on a fight where that's happening there's a tank switch so jam as much as possible into stagger ( especially if you have a ton of healing orbs) and only purify when you don't have cds, and your low on health and the next tick will kill you.

I love monk tanking bc with bos it almost encourages you to go hard on dps bc that's the most efficient way to reload on brews :)

Ps: if your looking at the alt nighhold logs I'll be the first to admit I didn't have my best night and in a wierd twist of fate I was ripping off alk alot.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
My timeout for cheating ends at the end of next month. I also get to choose the hours I work again, in the middle of next month. What is the current content available? I left at the release of the underworld bitch raid that was about as fun as gouging my eyes out.

play black desert with me

legendaries still make the game suck

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Ps: if your looking at the alt nighhold logs I'll be the first to admit I didn't have my best night and in a wierd twist of fate I was ripping off alk alot.

My druid's aggro is garbage by comparison, haha.

tezzuka

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Noodleface Noodleface

Not sure if you were still looking, but Gforce is announcing their TI lineups tonight. Assuming the 1080ti, and some other shit but hoping for a titanTI that can solo 4k (still pipedreams but hey).

tezzuka

Bronze Knight of the Realm
1070 solid ass card for sure! im building a new machine this summer so im going to snag the 1080ti most likely. unless the titan is released by then and margins ahead of the 1080ti. ill be upgrading from a 290 lol. My plan is, when i turn on my pc, some small rural town in china loses power.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Someone reminded me of the upcoming class mounts and I can't wait to see how dumb as shit this looks on Tauren

RIP can I trade it for another kodo

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
1070 solid ass card for sure! im building a new machine this summer so im going to snag the 1080ti most likely. unless the titan is released by then and margins ahead of the 1080ti. ill be upgrading from a 290 lol. My plan is, when i turn on my pc, some small rural town in china loses power.
Game still runs like shit in suramar and nighthold