World of Warcraft: Current Year

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So I quit this after finishing up Mythic TOV. Is it still just a total fucking grindfest?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Haha, nope! (Not for artifact appearances anyway.)
OMFG that is total and utter bullshit.

There is no damn way I am going to do that long quest line on multiple characters. I really only need it for the bear. He has zero progress compared to the hunter who at least has part of it done. That sucks.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Balance of Power is worth it alone just for the absurd amount of AP you get, but that still requires you to actually want to do it on multiple characters.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This whole patch is just a joke at this point. They are not understanding what makes people stop playing (or keeps them playing) at all. They are knee jerking game design decisions based on business goals without even understanding what the underlying causes are. It would be like GM going "shit, we're not selling enough cars. I know, open double the dealerships!"

What I don't get is how they could fuck up such a solid core expansion though. It's like when you read a make your own adventure book and pick all the wrong choices on purpose to see how off the rails this story can go before everyone dies.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah this is just dumb decision making. I can't fathom why they hate us enjoying their game so much.

I bet they were like "sir ion, they're about to reach AK 36 and soon they'll be max AK and grinding concordance. They already stopped chaining mythics and generally log on less now. Should we make mythics better again?"

"No.. make it WORSE"

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Ya know what's even funnier though?

My druid has had about a total of 16 hours since the expansion started where he didn't have Nomi researching and he is still missing 5 rank 3 recipes.
Found out that apparently, I'm the only one in guild that has rank 3 Suramar feast.

That's not annoying, though. What's annoying is that my herbalism has exactly one rank 3 (Felwort).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You can do something about the herbalism ranks. It's shitty RNG and stupid design but you can at least go out and grind those.

The cooking shit you can't do anything about. It's outrageously stupid.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What have other guilds found to be the best means to recruiting?

I've gotten a few bites from my reddit posts, xzi xzi found like 7 people 'somewhere', but what else can we do? I don't really want to do recruiting in chat channels, but if that's what works I'm not above it.

I figure it'll be easier to recruit once TOS is actually out, but really having a hard time trying to find people.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
they seriously upped the legendary BLP this last patch i went from having 2 legendary to having all of them but 3 (got the stagger ring last night) just missing the shitty boots, shitty sephuz and the trinket, i think its safe for me to start collecting WW legendaries. I run 1 mythic per week, i clear heroic NH (we are still saving our mythic lockout at gul'dan till we down him) and i do the daily emissary and the broken shore quests that give a lot of AP and turning in the legionfall resources and im getting a legendary roughly every other week.

Now if we can get people to not stand on the tank in P2 of Gul'dan.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Also fucking lol @ incompetent Blizzard. What extra AP sources did they "hotfix" in? And how the fuck can they even compare like 25% extra phantom AP sources to LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF TIMES MORE AP going from AK 40 to 50. They are so god damned incompetent and inconsistent, Ion Drive is a fucking joke.
'Thousands of times' is a huge exaggeration. It's about 13.8 times, but that's still a pretty big nerf. The number of concordance ranks you could have gotten in a month will now take you over a year to get. And instead of being able to get alts and off-spec weapons to concordance rank 1 in a single day, it'll take a solid couple of weeks of grinding for each alt. It seems like a pretty calculated decision to make if you know you've got massive content gaps on the horizon and need to stretch grinds out as long as possible.

If they don't roll this change back soon, or find another way to make up that 13.8x AP loss, they will in 2 weeks when players realize their AP gains are never going to get any better.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
'Thousands of times' is a huge exaggeration. It's about 13.8 times, but that's still a pretty big nerf. The number of concordance ranks you could have gotten in a month will now take you over a year to get. And instead of being able to get alts and off-spec weapons to concordance rank 1 in a single day, it'll take a solid couple of weeks of grinding for each alt. It seems like a pretty calculated decision to make if you know you've got massive content gaps on the horizon and need to stretch grinds out as long as possible.

If they don't roll this change back soon, or find another way to make up that 13.8x AP loss, they will in 2 weeks when players realize their AP gains are never going to get any better.

Or they're just planning on adding more traits and AK in 7.3 just like they did for 7.2.