World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you don't have flight unlocked for wod level with a friend who has a two person mounts. Between the alchemy ones the blizzcon ones and the rockets and druids with their orderhall mount its a fun way to help buddies out when they are leveling. I was carting one of my friends around wod to just bang out the bonus areas pretty fast.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was about to say, no flying in WoD is a huge deal. You can go 90-100 in barely any time thanks to flying, 300% potion, and bonus areas. Like 6+ levels in 15 minutes.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was about to say, no flying in WoD is a huge deal. You can go 90-100 in barely any time thanks to flying, 300% potion, and bonus areas. Like 6+ levels in 15 minutes.

Yup or just do that. If you are running heirlooms and xp potion do the starter zone queue for some dungeons and you likely are 98 before leaving that area and then can go right to legion.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've seen power level guides suggesting Stratholme for 37-60 since kill exp with a 110 was nerfed but the # of bonus bosses makes up for it there? Stockades was pretty good up until then but it is dipping below 20%/run now.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yes, Strath Live side has a bunch of bonus bosses that make it the best dungeon for power leveling in that level range. It's far and away the best from 37-60.

Ramparts still seems to be the best from 60-80 but there are other options in that level range as far as speed goes (Mechanaar, Forge of Souls, Trial of the Champion, Sethekk Halls). Though those all require either 65 or 67 to zone into.

80-83 Temple of the Jade Serpent is probably best. Once you hit level 83 Lost City of the Tol'Vir is the best. I had been staying in Lost City until 92 so I could go straight to Gorgrond in WoD but that was before they nerfed mob exp.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So they did this whole new leveling system to try and get people not to just dungeon run and in the end the best way to level is to repeat dungeon run. Holy shit, the faggots over a Blizzard could fuck up a wet dream.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

They just completely fucked leveling as a whole. Questing is quite a bit slower than I can remember. Running dungeons normally is just painful, even though they increased experience (after the initial nerf). Boosting is slow too, but it's just less slow.

I think someone here mentioned it before but them trying to make older dungeons more interesting cannot be accomplished unless they give us back our low level abilities. You can't just give shit more HP and expect that will force players to not ignore mechanics in some meaningful way. Some classes don't even get a fucking interrupt until level 80 thanks to the skill paring they did all those expansions ago (Hi balance druid!). I mean, having a 2 ability rotation until level 65 is not very fun, so when you also force fights to take longer while only giving me 2 buttons to press... well that's not gonna go over well. I already try to find the fastest way to max level anyway, and now I'm going to try to break the game as much as I can because leveling the old fashioned way just sucks now.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I already try to find the fastest way to max level anyway

Right now you are saying the best way is 1 player at 110 clearing Stockades from 1-37 grouped with the other guy and then 37-60 through Strath live and then from 60-WoD what do you suggest?

I have 1 class not at 100+ so might as well do it legit and not boost it.

Khane

Well you need to be level 10 to enter a dungeon so you'll have to do 1-10 the old fashioned way and you're horde right? Probably not a great idea to fly to Stormwind and try to keep resetting the dungeon manually. I'd do RFC or SFK til 37. Gotta be level 11 to zone into SFK though.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Well you need to be level 10 to enter a dungeon so you'll have to do 1-10 the old fashioned way and you're horde right? Probably not a great idea to fly to Stormwind and try to keep resetting the dungeon manually. I'd do RFC or SFK til 37. Gotta be level 11 to zone into SFK though.
Yeah Horde, good call. Yeah 1-11 manually. What past Strath?

Khane

Word of warning though you can only reset a dungeon 10 times per hour and you will definitely hit that limit unless you have characters on multiple realms. It's also really fucking boring.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Word of warning though you can only reset a dungeon 10 times per hour and you will definitely hit that limit unless you have characters on multiple realms. It's also really fucking boring.
Oh I can imagine but right now I am running about 8 characters through WQ's once a day so this won't be more boring just different boring.

• 2Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah strath isn't too bad at ~75%/run, just have to remember to do the leader swap before logging out the 110 at Balnazzar so the booster can zone out, reset, log back in the 110 to the start of the instance.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
They just completely fucked leveling as a whole. Questing is quite a bit slower than I can remember. Running dungeons normally is just painful, even though they increased experience (after the initial nerf). Boosting is slow too, but it's just less slow.

I think someone here mentioned it before but them trying to make older dungeons more interesting cannot be accomplished unless they give us back our low level abilities. You can't just give shit more HP and expect that will force players to not ignore mechanics in some meaningful way. Some classes don't even get a fucking interrupt until level 80 thanks to the skill paring they did all those expansions ago (Hi balance druid!). I mean, having a 2 ability rotation until level 65 is not very fun, so when you also force fights to take longer while only giving me 2 buttons to press... well that's not gonna go over well. I already try to find the fastest way to max level anyway, and now I'm going to try to break the game as much as I can because leveling the old fashioned way just sucks now.

I made the mistake of leveling a balance druid and holy shit is was boring as fuck. I've only made it to the nineties so far, but I'm burnt out. Blew my mind how long it took to get fucking solar beam for an interrupt.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So they did this whole new leveling system to try and get people not to just dungeon run and in the end the best way to level is to repeat dungeon run. Holy shit, the faggots over a Blizzard could fuck up a wet dream.

Sells more boosts prob

Argarth

On the verandah

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Try as i might, just couldn't bring myself to further level even just the couple of fresh characters (stuck in the 60s) I'd made in preparation for BfA. Ended up boosting the Monk and it really brought into stark contrast, for me at least, just how empty and now tedious the play-style feels in the low-mid levels. Finally made the decision that I will never level another character from scratch, and to be honest I'm relieved.

Also have a Priest and Warlock, neither of which I've played at max level before. No way I'm boosting either of them now, so they will have to wait until BfA lands and I get a better look at whatever changes come down the pipe. Having a ton of fun with the monk though!

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
I made the mistake of leveling a balance druid and holy shit is was boring as fuck. I've only made it to the nineties so far, but I'm burnt out. Blew my mind how long it took to get fucking solar beam for an interrupt.

If you have ADHD just play demon hunter and fucking ZOOM everywhere
I mean, they're not the best and they have 2 buttons.. but.. zoom

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This whole levelling change is ensuring I don't level another class .Blizzard is fucking retarded

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

I cant wait for them to put in a stupid fast leveling pre-expac event like they did with the legion invasions at the end of WoD. I think it took ~6 hours to go from 1-100 doing those.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user