World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How fun is Multiboxing in WoW?
Hello good members of Dual-Boxing.com, I'm thinking about starting a multi-box squad in WoW after having not played since pre-Cataclysm when I killed Arthas and immediately uninstalled! Back then I dual-boxed a little with my priest main and a warrior and it was pretty fun.

I'm currently playing Everquest and have spent a lot of effort on my boxing crew there ( https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...elcome.240258/ ), but it's getting a bit stale and I'm contemplating a move to WoW. I'm using ISBoxer in EQ, but would be happy to move to whatever tools are best.

I know that fun is different for everybody, but I'm hoping that folks here can help me decide whether I should go that route. I'm looking to return to my level 80 priest. II mostly want to experience the content I've missed over the last ten years, learn the new game mechanics and build up the best box crew I can. I don't really even know what questions to ask, but I'll try to set some and welcome any additional opinions people have.

1. I'm not sure I want to sign up to 5 box, at least not at first. If I level a 3box up to 110 and then decide I want to add two more to complete my crew and run dungeons, how hard is it to level/gear a new character on a totally new account to 110? How hard is it to level 5 new characters without boosting?

2. If I just want to see the new zones and do the quests from Cataclysm -> Legion, how much fun is that with a 3 box team? Is it fairly streamlined or will I spend half my time struggling through moving them around, doing a bunch of quests that are annoying to do with a box team and streamrolling content that is easy for a soloer and boring for a box team?

3. I looked through the last couple years of boxing composition forum and had trouble understanding a lot of the posts. What composition(s) make sense for a 3 or 5box that include a priest?

3a. I see that in WoW a lot of the top box teams stack multiples of the same class (ex: 5x hunters), is this purely for ease of setup, or is it all but impossible to execute on 5 different classes properly, so you're at a huge disadvantage if you use different classes? Personally I like using boxing to learn different classes, so the idea of playing all different classes is compelling to me.

3b. In EQ I have a trinity style system with my main driver being a tank, having a healer and then 4 DPS. This is what I'd prefer in EQ, but I'm open to any suggestions.

3c. I'd prefer a general purpose composition, but one with a high skill cap (I get bored when I feel like I've peaked in a game).

3d. I have an 80 warrior on a different account that would be nice to continue, but I am not totally set on playing him if there are better tanks for boxing.

Sorry for the longish post and not knowing what I'm really asking, I'd appreciate any information folks have.
what do you guys think

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Tuco Tuco I responded to that post on Dual-Boxing.com. My name over there is Ritley.

• 1Like

Khane

Weekly Mythic Gul'dan kills. Who would be interested?

This would NOT be an all inclusive thing. I wouldn't want to spend much time killing Elisande + Gul'dan each week. Probably 950 ilvl min and be able to do the mechanics. It's probably doable with 10 people at this point.

I can't be the only one who wants the mount. I have the goddamn cutting edge achievement but my guild never went back to NH after ToS released so no mount.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

This would NOT be an all inclusive thing. I wouldn't want to spend much time killing Elisande + Gul'dan each week. Probably 950 ilvl min and be able to do the mechanics. It's probably doable with 10 people at this point.

I can't be the only one who wants the mount. I have the goddamn cutting edge achievement but my guild never went back to NH after ToS released so no mount.

499968-infernal-mount.jpg

I didnt think you could still get it. Def a cool mount. Sorry I dont play though :(

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
How does leveling via pet battles compare to the dungeon/questing options discussed earlier in the thread?

1 it is easy. But it does take a lot longer than questing/killing shit.

My wife leveled from 100-110via questing her main- hunter, leveled her druid, monk and most of the way her demon hunter via pet battles, since sge was not grinding via pet battles, it took ~ 6-9 months to get from 100-110. This is via killing zero mobs- she likes pet battles/leveling her pets.. she has over 900 of them.

• 1Barf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

970 tank, depending on when you're doing it

Khane

I didnt think you could still get it. Def a cool mount. Sorry I dont play though :(

That's the normal gul'dan mount that only has a 1% drop chance. Mythic is 100% chance to drop but only one drops per kill. They will change it to 1% chance to drop when BfA launches.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People can't even show up until like 10 minutes after raid starts so I can't even imagine mandating a warm up

• 1Barf

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have the goddamn cutting edge achievement but my guild never went back to NH after ToS released so no mount.

Honestly surprised that your guild never went back as that was a great way to make some gold. Old guild would sell each mount for 2 mil and take a 5k cut for the gbank, so an easy 100k for everyone else for about 20 minutes of work.

People are still buying the mount even now and I don't blame them, it's pretty sweet.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Fyi it used to require 20 people for a guaranteed drop too

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Honestly surprised that your guild never went back as that was a great way to make some gold. Old guild would sell each mount for 2 mil and take a 5k cut for the gbank, so an easy 100k for everyone else for about 20 minutes of work.

People are still buying the mount even now and I don't blame them, it's pretty sweet.

I'd have to bring my old account to full 110s and farm way too much in resources to get 2M before end of xpac. Tempting as fuck though.