World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
They should have a vote for stupid character names on the forums to rename his char. I would name him "Plantbasedmilkboy"

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
apparently his gf is a lawyer. And most likely behind this. No way the dude would have come up with the idea of sending a C&D letter right off the bat. And competent legal representation costs quite a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if the gf actually drafted the letter herself. You know, to save money. Anyway someone needs to tell that bitch to hit the law books again and look up predating

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
I just moved my wow folder to another sdd and the fucker is 96GB. What the hell happened to this game?
It senses your political afiliation and installs pointless garbage everywhere. The client for Republicans is roughly 4GB.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
apparently his gf is a lawyer. And most likely behind this. No way the dude would have come up with the idea of sending a C&D letter right off the bat. And competent legal representation costs quite a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if the gf actually drafted the letter herself. You know, to save money. Anyway someone needs to tell that bitch to hit the law books again and look up predating

Funny. She's trying the ploy of suing in order to not get sued...which, for a sole lawyer is a startlingly stupid approach to anything. Is she even allowed to practice law anywhere? Pretending to be a lawyer is a good way to find out what it feels like when the government decides to kick you in the nuts.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I'm half tempted to just skip this entire expansion and come back whenever the plotline gets back from the afterlife to find the new state of the world. I'm really thinking that they will blow the map up again by having everyone who was in Shadowlands come back and it's 200+ years later with Lordaeron rebuilt as an Undead paradise and miscellaneous other changes.
1000 years in the future and evil gnomes have taken over the world, post-apocalyptic cyberpunk expansion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1000 years in the future and evil gnomes have taken over the world, post-apocalyptic cyberpunk expansion.

So you are saying it's going to have better writing than the last 4 xpacs? That's unlikely...

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They have an opportunity behind this lore to either sync us up with Diablo, or (even better in my mind) - StarCraft. You come out of a portal from Shadow Lands and a f'n Hydralisk starts slithering towards you! As soon as it goes to spit acid, a group of Cigar smoking, whiskey drinking, Terran Marines pop over the hill and shoot it to high hell!... This is your story now ~

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
They have an opportunity behind this lore to either sync us up with Diablo, or (even better in my mind) - StarCraft. You come out of a portal from Shadow Lands and a f'n Hydralisk starts slithering towards you! As soon as it goes to spit acid, a group of Cigar smoking, whiskey drinking, Terran Marines pop over the hill and shoot it to high hell!... This is your story now ~
I would play world of Starcraft if it was made by the old blizzard.. new blizzard would replace the cigar with a cock shaped lolipop and prevent him from saying the word “damn”

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can sort of understand their decision to have people do BFA first if they haven't done so prior, simply because it's the most recent part of the story which helps make a little sense (but really, only a very little cause lol) of how we got to where we are at start of SL. Still sucks in the sense it's forcing players to play a certain way.

BFA is also one of the more robust questing experiences in terms of completeness and polish. It's the only thing that carried BFA launch.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I didn't mind leveling up in BFA. Drustvar was definitely the highlight, but overall wasn't bad.
Personally... I feel like the horde questing is generally better overall but I much prefer the alliance themes and the overarching story.
Shadowlands themes look real good too.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Warlords of Draenor had the best cohesive story/questing with the best cutscenes. Legion was disjointed between areas, telling a bunch of small stories that had no correlation to one another. BFA was a lot of that, too. Shadowlands is looking to do the same thing, and I'm betting whoever designed and scripted one area is going to have had zero communication with the people who did the other areas. Again.

But the story and questing never really mattered. Just a means of warming you up to completely fucked new spell/ability mechanics, and whatever you're going to be farming pointlessly for the next 18-24 months.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Shadowlands is looking to do the same thing
Funny you say this, since shadowlands is going back to giving you a specific path through the zones instead of you just choosing where to go at each step, like in Legion or BfA, which kept all the zone stories very self contained, I was hoping this would result in a better overarching story... I guess not.