World of Warcraft: Current Year

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
MM is mid-pack dps. Nah really though that was a typo on the phone earlier while swatting off idiots during Monday night football.

Paladin is fun to play because of Kyrian.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I really like prot pally but I’m wishing I went guardian or vengeance. I have good dps but outside of CDs I’m not very tanky.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really like prot pally but I’m wishing I went guardian or vengeance. I have good dps but outside of CDs I’m not very tanky.

Outside of CDs vengeance isn't very tanky either. It's just that the tank meta is to not tank shit as much as possible and having two leaps really helps with that. It also helps that they do a shit ton of damage, and the CDs they have are great for what tanks actually need to do, which is survive long enough to get aggro on everything and keep it while kiting.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do they still also have their AE silence and AE horrify?
Yes. The AE Silence is also anywhere from 7 to 15 seconds as well thanks to legendary / Covenant BS.

I dont think Im squishy at all... Are you sure you're keeping up your shield buff? Its a massive increase in armor and only last in reality 4 seconds, not 5. Thats why higher raider io prot tanks use everything in their power to keep Holy Power maxxed out.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
They really shit on tanking this expansion. I don't fucking get it, it's just about running like a bitch. It's one thing if it's only at super high keys, or for certain packs/mechanics. But it's just the best strategy for many/most packs at even 10-14s. It's so fucking stupid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yes. The AE Silence is also anywhere from 7 to 15 seconds as well thanks to legendary / Covenant BS.

I dont think Im squishy at all... Are you sure you're keeping up your shield buff? Its a massive increase in armor and only last in reality 4 seconds, not 5. Thats why higher raider io prot tanks use everything in their power to keep Holy Power maxxed out.

yeah dude I have 100% shield uptime and still have to kite like a mofo.

Random hunter to me after wiping on one of the big pulls in Spires: “hey tank why don’t you just stand still?”.

I’m 196 now and pugging 7’s and 8’s. I imagine I can do a little higher with solid heals.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They really shit on tanking this expansion. I don't fucking get it, it's just about running like a bitch. It's one thing if it's only at super high keys, or for certain packs/mechanics. But it's just the best strategy for many/most packs at even 10-14s. It's so fucking stupid.

Can confirm kiting is almost mandatory starting at 10 key. Its what separates a good tank that will make time, from a tank thats going to wipe us and blow key. Knowing which packs and when to kite is a part of tanking-- and that's anti-tanking lol.

Dps seems completely clueless. They haven't seen kiting being a necessary strat so early I think catches them off guard.

Honestly seen some bad shit even in 8 keys which is the lowest key ill agree to run right now.. Agreed tanking in this expac is too difficult.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Can confirm kiting is almost mandatory starting at 10 key. Its what separates a good tank that will make time, from a tank thats going to wipe us and blow key. Knowing which packs and when to kite is a part of tanking-- and that's anti-tanking lol.

Dps seems completely clueless. They haven't seen kiting being a necessary strat so early I think catches them off guard.

Honestly seen some bad shit even in 8 keys which is the lowest key ill agree to run right now.. Agreed tanking in this expac is too difficult.

What class are you playing as? I ask as, if I had started kiting at 10s, I'm pretty confident my DPS would have kicked me. As is if I'm running with competent DPS on 12s (using your metric since I wouldn't pug below 12s) they're pretty frustrated if I'm not pulling multiple packs and standing still (necrotic week notwithstanding). I do have to kite a fair amount in some pugs at that range - but I'm not sure I'm understanding the perceived 'difficulty' of doing so and that's definitely always a DPS issue. As a DH, it's basically saving my leaps and not jumping into extra shit like a retard.

Last edited:

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
WTF is up with Timewalking? Did a dungeon since its the weekly quest and good lord it was a meat grinder with level 30 rewards. Shouldn't they be dropping at least Shadowlands Heroic level items?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Meanwhile this week the class armor hits Mythic-0 ilevel so I actually swapped out a bunch of pieces as the set bonus is kinda helpful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What class are you playing as? I ask as, if I had started kiting at 10s, I'm pretty confident my DPS would have kicked me. As is if I'm running with competent DPS on 12s (using your metric since I wouldn't pug below 12s) they're pretty frustrated if I'm not pulling multiple packs and standing still (necrotic week notwithstanding). I do have to kite a fair amount in some pugs at that range - but I'm not sure I'm understanding the perceived 'difficulty' of doing so and that's definitely always a DPS issue. As a DH, it's basically saving my leaps and not jumping into extra shit like a retard.
My Zandalari Troll Paladin would like to have a word with you about moving around quickly not being difficult.

I dont enjoy this kiting "meta" as everyone is calling it. I dont mind dodging things, using abilities at specific times, intelligently using abilities to give myself a defensive relief, or even helping other team mates with blessings, but actively trying to drag shit through talented consecration just so I can run away at the pace of a paladin is awful. Since I have no other choice if I want to tank anything, I'll do it.. But its GD Awful that I can face tank a God in a Mythic Raid but I have to run away from a pack of flying snakes.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
WTF is up with Timewalking? Did a dungeon since its the weekly quest and good lord it was a meat grinder with level 30 rewards. Shouldn't they be dropping at least Shadowlands Heroic level items?
Quest should give you a random ilvl 200 item.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
My Zandalari Troll Paladin would like to have a word with you about moving around quickly not being difficult.

I dont enjoy this kiting "meta" as everyone is calling it. I dont mind dodging things, using abilities at specific times, intelligently using abilities to give myself a defensive relief, or even helping other team mates with blessings, but actively trying to drag shit through talented consecration just so I can run away at the pace of a paladin is awful. Since I have no other choice if I want to tank anything, I'll do it.. But its GD Awful that I can face tank a God in a Mythic Raid but I have to run away from a pack of flying snakes.

I'm scrubbing it up in 8s and 9s so I didn't need to kite but necrotic is basically the high key simulator I guess and it's a pain in the ass. Doubly so as a DK. I miss spiteful already.