Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
lol, now he attempts to change the subject

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I had a buddy in the UAW, worked for Ford for years. He was fucked up because he had type 1 diabeetus. Yeah and he drank and didnt take good care of himself. Poor dude is dead now. I knew him through the music circles. I play drums and he used to play a mean ass guitar. Anyway the fucker was awkward socially and coupled with his sugar problems he would get erratic at times. Anyone that knows a type 1 Diabeetius person that does nto take car e of himself can attest. Anyway he got to liking some chick at work, well she did not like him that much. So the fucker literally stalked her for months. Harassing her etc... We told him fucking lay off bro, she does nto want you, in fact shes disgusted by you. But the fucker never gave up. Over the course of like a YEAR he would harass this chick, written up several times, even got suspended at one point. It took several write ups, and then he got finally fired. But oh wait, it gets better. The union stepped in and got his job back. He worked there for a full year after this until finally he got into a fight (unrelated to chick) and finally he was let go for good.

So this poor chick had to endure 2 fucking years of stalking, harassment and other shit, jsut basically cringe worthy stuff at work because the union protected this fool to the bitter end.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
lol, now he attempts to change the subject
Is that like when you got mad that your nonsense point about at will employment was pointed out as exposing you have literally no fucking clue about anything you're talking about? If you want an actual response from me substantiate your nonsensical claim that unionized employees can't be fired--something I know you factually cannot do.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I had a buddy in the UAW, worked for Ford for years. He was fucked up because he had type 1 diabeetus. Yeah and he drank and didnt take good care of himself. Poor dude is dead now. I knew him through the music circles. I play drums and he used to play a mean ass guitar. Anyway the fucker was awkward socially and coupled with his sugar problems he would get erratic at times. Anyone that knows a type 1 Diabeetius person that does nto take car e of himself can attest. Anyway he got to liking some chick at work, well she did not like him that much. So the fucker literally stalked her for months. Harassing her etc... We told him fucking lay off bro, she does nto want you, in fact shes disgusted by you. But the fucker never gave up. Over the course of like a YEAR he would harass this chick, written up several times, even got suspended at one point. It took several write ups, and then he got finally fired. But oh wait, it gets better. The union stepped in and got his job back. He worked there for a full year after this until finally he got into a fight (unrelated to chick) and finally he was let go for good.

So this poor chick had to endure 2 fucking years of stalking, harassment and other shit, jsut basically cringe worthy stuff at work because the union protected this fool to the bitter end.
LOL you must just be a shitty employee.

• 1Worf

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
49 states representing some 99%
8r9C.gif

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
if private sector job are almost all at will, and state government jobs are not (because theyre union jobs)

then private sector employees have to work harder and be more professional to retain employment while union workers dont. which in turn makes them lazy because its hard to prove laziness, especially in the government sector where everyone is lazy.

1627577845994.png

Sieger

Trakanon Raider

A union has a similar role to an employee as a defense attorney does in a criminal case. They are an advocate/agent who acts on your behalf. Lots of defense attorneys go into court and try to get rapists and murderers acquitted, that doesn't mean defense attorneys are a bad thing. Your buddy sounds like he has a lot in common with a few posters in this thread though.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

I've seen teachers unions protecting teachers who harassed multiple students over a decade. A lot of unions fucking suck.

When we talk about game developers unionizing, it would not be like a public sector union or an unskilled workers union at all. It would be much more like SAG or the Writer's Guild.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I think most people want to go to work to make good products or provide good services to paying customers and want, in turn, to receive fair compensation and an overall sense of security.

Do good work, solve problems, invent new solutions, make people happy, get rewarded.

It's when that implicit social contract gets disrupted that everything goes to shit.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
A union has a similar role to an employee as a defense attorney does in a criminal case. They are an advocate/agent who acts on your behalf. Lots of defense attorneys go into court and try to get rapists and murderers acquitted, that doesn't mean defense attorneys are a bad thing. Your buddy sounds like he has a lot in common with a few posters in this thread though.

:trump: :trump: :trump:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How did this get so off track?

Jesus lord.

News flash, both are corrupt. You know why? Because they are run by humans.

Your choice is corruption favoring the company or corruption favoring the employees. Hell sometimes you can get both! Choose one and move on.

• 3Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
if private sector job are almost all at will, and state government jobs are not (because theyre union jobs)

then private sector employees have to work harder and be more professional to retain employment while union workers dont. which in turn makes them lazy because its hard to prove laziness, especially in the government sector where everyone is lazy.

View attachment 364507
State government jobs are not union jobs necessarily, many states don't allow public sector unions. But civil servants are protected by state level "Civil Service Acts" which were developed in the early 20th century to replace the old system of government jobs where you got hired based on what politician you bribed and fired when that politician lost election. These civil service systems are what requires the termination process be followed. Some states do have collective bargaining contracts with public sector unions as well. This is uncommon in the Southeast and many of the big empty states between the Pacific coast and the Mississippi River.

Now your claim about private sector workers misses the point I already made--it's typical in many corporations that you have an annoying HR process to follow to fire someone, it is also not unusual for lax management to occur and ignore bad workers. In other cases, companies which employ lots of low wage workers exercise only minimal oversight of work quality due to the fact low wage positions have such high turnover it's not usually worth the time to attempt to "curate" the workforce that much. Poor quality employees are widely found in every industry and every type of employment.

• 1Picard
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Meanwhile I'm like who the fuck reads these forums with a white background? You fucking weirdo.

• 12Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 19 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I mean, who the fuck reads these forums with a white background? You fucking weirdo.
Years of engineering on a 'dark mode everywhere' and this fucking dude runs light mode everywhere.

What the fuck.

Tells you all you need to know really.

• 3Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Theres no corporate "simps" here.

Let me know if you're unable to answer the question. Here it is again: "Hey dipshit - what do Unions and "employment at will" have in common?".

Is it coherent enough for you?
Can you just tell us the fucking answer and get over it? jesus christ this is boring.