World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly though I wouldn't mind shit like suddenly Ashbringer being a healing weapon when I switch holy. That's just me though.

They did mention there will be a pre-event before the game launches, I wonder if they'll do something more than "kill 50 orcs" like WoD did. They mentioned the broken shore. Maybe we won't go an entire year until any content at all? I'm holding on hopes it's not a quick 2 quest thing like we dealt with at the end of MoP.
They did say they aim for beta starting this year so in theory that could indicate getting the next expansion out in q1 of next year but that still would be a pretty long content drought from what is there now even though its a great deal faster than normal for blizzard. I am curious if they can go like 7-8 months after the last wing of LFR hellfire unlocks how many subs they wind up with before the next expansion. That said given the way they do betas once the beta is in full swing and info is flowing that does tend to perk things up as people come back to power level alts and mess around.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Baby dick rogue weapons are the only thing keeping me from maining a rogue, if I'm carrying something bad ass I'd like to be able to see them. Maybe combat swords will be cooler.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
They said "Like the WoD intro dark portal event, but better". So there you go
tongue.png

Concerning the artifact leveling and switching specs, I'd like it if they made artifact power like a currency you can spend on your artifact weapon's traits to unlock new stuff, and when you change spec and artifact, your currency is refunded and you can respend it on other traits for that new weapon. Like talent points worked for different specs before.
That is my current guess as well. You need to do the quests or whatever to acquire the artifact weapon but the artifact points are some pool like the old talent points and when you switch specs you gain those points back for the other weapon. If that is not the case this would be one of the most alt and spec unfriendly expansions ever hehe.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Are they bringing back 10 man mythic raiding? This is THE reason most guilds crumbled during WoD, way way too many 10 man guilds forced to expand to 20 man then losing people to attrition and never able to recover.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are they bringing back 10 man mythic raiding? This is THE reason most guilds crumbled during WoD, way way too many 10 man guilds forced to expand to 20 man then losing people to attrition and never able to recover.
Should be flex 10-20 mythic imo. I don't give a shit if their raids take longer to tune. Shit was just fine in MoP when my guild was doing 10 man heroic shit no problem. Then they force you to DOUBLE in size and now I have basically 5 extra decent people and 5 liabilities.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
If that is not the case this would be one of the most alt and spec unfriendly expansions ever hehe.
MoP dailies, MoP farm, Garrisons, etc. (all at launch) seem to be the kings of alt unfriendly content. Granted some of those have changed, the scars are still there!

Carl_sl

shitlord
I am really fucking stoked for this melee hunter thing and I have no idea why
I'm stoked about it too from the perspective that there's nothing in the hunter box they can just warm over and push out for a melee spec, meaning they must have overhauled it. They used that as an example of differentiation between specs and also talked about demonology warlocks as well so we may see multiple class/specs getting a real change up in gameplay, and my favorite part of new expansions is trying out the new playstyles.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd guess Surv is going to be trap/DoT heavy keeping with the current skillset at least. Probably not too many big changes in store for Marks/BM. Excited for Demon Hunters and artifact weapons, will very likely pick it up again.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I expect Rexxar to make a return for hunters tbh. Maybe they'll actually do something with him for real this time aside from a small quest chain in TBC/Draenor.

I might have to level my paladin to max first, but demon hunter does seem juicy and tempting. I even just the other week made a rogue for the first time ever and have been enjoying it. Maybe I'll just wait lol. I'm not much of an alt person so eh

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Demon Hunter doesn't feel THAT exciting to me honestly. Melee survival hunter does though. I mean, I can see the strength in demon hunter with the mobility being fun. But a proper beastlord style class seems fun. I just hope one of the two has decent enough self healing to make leveling feel smooth. That, and to let me solo MoP and previous raids.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so when they announced that 6.2 would be the end content of this expansion, everyone was pretty up in arms due to assumed content drought. what if the broken shore pre-expac content is planned to be much bigger? if, let's say, THAT's what 6.3 is going to be? i mean, it doesn't need to be an entire patch tier, but if it was much more involved than what we've previously seen for pre-expansion patches that lasted for a several months, as opposed to a couple of weeks. It would help keep subs up, for what it's worth.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I would assume like they have done before they will push major class changes before the actual expansion for people to get used to it.

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I will buy this expansion. I like the artifact weapon concept. The nice touch with Druid form is very welcome. I already main an Enhance Shaman, but I get the feeling that the Demon Hunter in PvP is going to be what Enhance Shamans wish they could be. At least they wear leather and not mail. The whole Class hall thing is different. Wish they would just do a damn housing system. Garrisons taught them a lot of lessons that could have translated into a new housing based system.

Is there flying in this new expansion? Hopefully Demon Hunters get a new mount similar to how Death Knights did.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Leveling up different artifacts per spec makes sense if they're going after class identity and spec dehomoginizing. If you level a weapon youre going to want to be identified by it. I guess.

xzi

Mouthbreather
so when they announced that 6.2 would be the end content of this expansion, everyone was pretty up in arms due to assumed content drought. what if the broken shore pre-expac content is planned to be much bigger? if, let's say, THAT's what 6.3 is going to be? i mean, it doesn't need to be an entire patch tier, but if it was much more involved than what we've previously seen for pre-expansion patches that lasted for a several months, as opposed to a couple of weeks. It would help keep subs up, for what it's worth.
That's what I was saying a bit earlier, I'm hoping that's the case. They did say they wanted the pre-expansion event to be more special than the previous ones, so maybe there is a slight possibility of that happening. Who knows though, only time will tell.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well they do have all those different visual variations... flaming, shadowed, shattered etc along with different model appearances. There actually seems more variation there than what we currently have if you don't use transmog.