World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So 10 days afterwards with a 3 day waiting period. The whole thing was less than a month for most real servers.

Yeah don't see the resource thing as being a big deal. It was probably the most fun we ever had.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Hahaha. I'm reading this and did we really farm all that shit? It's worse than I thought.
Yea, I honestly forgot a lot of what the war effort required; I just stumbled upon that by following someone's link earlier.

The thing that I remember was that it took 200 carapace fragments to get 500 rep (more if human), and all the bugs dropped 1-3ish from what I remember. At that point all the bugs in Silithus were elite; I don't recall them being particularly nasty for a pet class to solo, so you'd probably have to ask someone like Sterling how annoying they were for a clothie. I remember we did it in groups to greatly increase kill time.

I also remember that every time you turned in a batch you got another badge thing to make someone an agent. Good golly.

The dragon scepter parts were good times though; I loved every piece of that quest part once you got over the hump of the rep farming.

Unsure how long it took us to open the gates; I just remember the begging and pleading we did to get others to turn in materials and not use them their selves. I want to say we were resource blocked; we did a lot of the major quest lines before the materials were turned in.

As for alts, yea GC is obviously high. As others said we ran alts through MC, although that was the two top guilds with their alts in there so it wasn't a bunch of idiots. In BC I made a few more - I recall doing things like Kara/Gruul/Mag's on numerous characters during that time. The way the rep was/raids were made it easy to just do instances for gear/rep to actually propel character progression. My number stayed the same in Wrath, but it was probably Cata where my alts caught up on things like professions/recipes/reps. But that was inception, not DS. Also, carrying over a lot of the WoTLK practices made having alts not only fun but profitable.

And hell, a lot of us had alts in EQ like Baba said. I had a max level rogue/druid who were planar flagged to check spawns and dual boxed an enc/clr. A lot of people dual boxed clerics. Alts aren't anything new, but they quite specifically put things in place to encourage people to log in and actually experience other quests, classes etc.

MOP abolished a good deal of that. I have my enc/tailor maxed with a bunch of reps, not raid gear. I have one alt with LFR gear from ToT, mainly because I use her to farm eggs on the isle and I just wanted to be more efficient at it. My other alts are sitting probably around 87-88, because once I got through the other zones I went, jesus. It's about that time for rep again!

I'd probably go through with more leveling if things like tillers rep and growing motes weren't blocked off by both level AND rep.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Fuck how do you do that?
Simple. Outside of raid night (or just before raid night), you ran your daily heroic for 30mn for the VP, then had nothing else to do. Maybe get some herbs for the weekly flask. So, either you did PvP, or you leveled an alt (and assorted professions).

Lusiphur

Peasant
Re-installing right now. Not played since Cata. What's the current UI hotness? I would prefer something simple and streamlined.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have always downloaded a package called ElvUI ever since I think WOTLK. It's extremely simple, lightweight, non-intrusive, and looks really good.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I don't see what's wrong with having 2-3 alts. I mostly play my main, but by the end of Cata I had 2 alts in some LFR gear. I don't really see what the problem was with that. Was it really *too* easy to get into LFR or normal raids and gear up that they were *forced* to put up rep gates and all? What were the reasons behind the design change?

I'd love to revert back to the old system. Then I'd prolly play my alts more. As it is, I play my main and when I'm done mucking about with him for the day I log off.

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
I do remember before LFR, alt runs were pretty much the only raiding that our causal in the guild got to do. Alts leveling up are great for new players and new player economy.

Needless

Toe Sucker
going from 55% PVP power to 35 makes me sad, and the nerf to Cloak & Dagger even sadder. What a useless ability now

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
So ran TK/SSC/Kara twice each for the pets. Got 2/3 TK, 1/3 SSC, and 2/4 Kara. One of the pets drops from the Big Bad Wolf event in Kara, which is a bitch. I got it once out of the two times I ran it, and did not get the pet. That'll probably be the one that cockblocks me from the achieve.

The new stuff in Durotar + the small quest that goes to Kun'lai is kind of cool. But honestly, once I ran the stuff for the pets a few times I just wasn't interested in staying on. Oh, also I need Nalak on my main and got double gold again. I guess with the roll changes I expected to get something after weeks of nothing, but meh.

New pets are awesome looking - only got a scourged whelpling a bit ago, so not looking forward to camping for the val'kyr pet.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Only ran 2 of the new pet raids, got 2 pets from 6 pet bosses (1 being from the Big Bad Wolf, so nice not to have to worry about lucking out on that now). Couldn't do Lady V in SSC, tried twice and said fuck it. Guess that'll be an AH pet.

Also discovered, as a Huntard, who pre-patch had 2 interrupts... I now only have one. No clue why they took one away. Yay?

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Only ran 2 of the new pet raids, got 2 pets from 6 pet bosses (1 being from the Big Bad Wolf, so nice not to have to worry about lucking out on that now). Couldn't do Lady V in SSC, tried twice and said fuck it. Guess that'll be an AH pet.

Also discovered, as a Huntard, who pre-patch had 2 interrupts... I now only have one. No clue why they took one away. Yay?
You meaning intimidate as beast mastery?

They detached it from BM for some reason and put it on the same line as silencing/wyvern for some reason. Originally I thought all specs were just getting it which was exciting for my mostly MM hunter. Then I saw it on the same line, whee.

At least I still have scatter and silence. =/

OneofOne

Hrm guess I missed that. Same affect sadly. Were Huntards OP in pvp or some shit? The nerf does not compute.

In other news, early reports say the Undead Val'kyr is campable. Good news I suppose, unless it ends up with a shit ton of spawn locations, but Blizzard seems lazy to me /shrug. They also (apparently) severely upped the difficulty on several of the epic daily pets, people already raging about that. I didn't bother trying them yet since I have to update my pet mod that saves teams. Blizzard should really have that mod hardcoded, considering all the damn epic pets, pandarian tamers, and Master tamers there are. I can't imagine not having it.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yea, I have sent several feedback forms saying that they need to save teams, especially since they put soooo many encounters that require such a specific setup.

I'll have to look up the difficulty of the fabled pets; I know they said they'd up them since they removed the stupid extra chances to miss, and then accurately labeled the moves that have extra chances to miss.

Humorously, I did all of the fabled pets before the patch but did not turn in, assuming once the quest split up it would do it automatically in my log and I could turn in all three. Nope, not only did they only keep one quest in my log, but then that one quest was also reset. Awesome.

As for the val'kyr, first glances looked like it shared a spawn timer with the rare mobs in northrend, which I hope is not true. It was one of the pets I was most looking forward to but ugh man.

OneofOne

Apparently, if you have it out as a pet following you, it's raise dead critters /chuckle That's pretty awesome.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Apparently, if you have it out as a pet following you, it's raise dead critters /chuckle That's pretty awesome.
So I can kill critters with Lil' KT, then have the unborn val'kyr rez them?

Well...I'll put Mr. Bigglesworth in that mix and I am fairly sure I have a critter killing all-star squad.

PS - Did Kara for the third time on another alt and got the Lil Bad Wolf. Thank goodness. Sitting on only Hydross and Morogrim pets now.