World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Prepare to fight your last battles of the season-Warlords Season 3 will end at 2:00 a.m. PDT on July 19, 2016.

After the season wraps, we will begin the process of determining eligibility for end-of-season rewards. If you believe that you've qualified for Warlords Season 3 PvP rewards, please refrain from transferring your character(s) to another realm or faction until awards are granted approximately two weeks later.

The next PvP season, Legion Season 1, will begin after World of Warcraft: Legion launches on August 30. In the meantime, all Honor and Conquest Points will be converted to in-game currency at a rate of 35 silver per point. Also, Rated Battleground and Arena matches will not be available during the break between seasons. We will confirm the start date of the forthcoming Legion Season 1 at a later date.

Please note that the end of the season does not require a patch to the game, and will occur automatically.

Your days are numbered-get out there and fight!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think that is about as clear an indication of an intended patch day as blizzard is going to give. Baring something ugly showing up on PTR or beta this is a pretty clear indiciation they are aiming at july 19th for patch day.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Prepare to fight your last battles of the season-Warlords Season 3 will end at 2:00 a.m. PDT on July 19, 2016.

After the season wraps, we will begin the process of determining eligibility for end-of-season rewards. If you believe that you've qualified for Warlords Season 3 PvP rewards, please refrain from transferring your character(s) to another realm or faction until awards are granted approximately two weeks later.

The next PvP season, Legion Season 1, will begin after World of Warcraft: Legion launches on August 30. In the meantime, all Honor and Conquest Points will be converted to in-game currency at a rate of 35 silver per point. Also, Rated Battleground and Arena matches will not be available during the break between seasons. We will confirm the start date of the forthcoming Legion Season 1 at a later date.

Please note that the end of the season does not require a patch to the game, and will occur automatically.

Your days are numbered-get out there and fight!
I know the original guess date was 7/19, but they wouldn't end the season on the same day I presume so 7/26 coming back as more likely?

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I fired up the beta and tried a few classes. Got the weapon on Tank warrior, tank Paladin, Tank DK, disc priest, BM hunter and Demon warlock. Wow did they strip out a ton of shit from every class I tried. Warrior felt okay, paladin felt okay but clunky, Blood DK felt functional and boring as heck. Disc felt okay but very clunky. BM hunter felt like utter crap and that was my favorite in the last Expac.

I really do not know what they hell they are thinking, class fantasy my ass, I really think it is downright pathetic.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Is that enough time to get the brawler's guild rewards? I want the mount and heirloom fist weapon

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is that enough time to get the brawler's guild rewards? I want the mount and heirloom fist weapon
I mean, most likely - it's just an ilvl thing really. So as long as you have a dps spec with enough gear you will be able to beat it. You won't be able to login at ilvl 610 on 7/18 and beat everything and you may run into a problem with people taking up time doing fights since it's not an individual instance if you wait too long and everyone floods it to get it done last minute.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Brawler's guild rank 8 should be trivial to a dps spec and ilevel 695+ (Tanaan gear).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's not - just watched an endless stream of people at 700+ dying to Ahoo'ru over and over.
Emphasis on *should*. You can't ignore mechanics. Try doing Ahoo'ru with ilevel 630 like I did, and then tell me there's no difference in triviality.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Did they give everyone beta access? I see it as an install option now.
No
frown.png
Still nothing for me.

All I want is to run through the demonhunter starting phase to see how they play.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It is interesting that the pre-launch event hands out ilevel 700 gear with the ability to upgrade the weapon to ilevel 730(I think it was 730). Makes for a nice leg up for returning players who did not bother with even RaidFinder WoD stuff

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
It is interesting that the pre-launch event hands out ilevel 700 gear with the ability to upgrade the weapon to ilevel 730(I think it was 730). Makes for a nice leg up for returning players who did not bother with even RaidFinder WoD stuff
Yeah but for what? 40 mins into Legion you get a weapon that you'll never change for at least 2 years.
On the other hand this pre patch promises something fun: the unbridled masses insulting Blizzard for the pathetic class redesigns. With a few rare exceptions, a lot of players will be disappointed, I'm gonna enjoy the shitstorm on the forums. THe hunters alone will provide a lot of fun.

Malkav

French Madman
At this point I know I can glance over Miele posts in this thread because they always boil down to ranting against the class redesigns.

Kudos for not crying once more over Brewmasters in this one though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They are bad. Blizz finally succeeded in homogenization of literally every spec by carefully pruning rotations to remove engagement. In the past they hadn't succeeded because they only really cut as much as they added but since they really only added the artifact and cut a ton they managed to really over simplify a lot.

I dunno some are ok, but many I've tried on PTR are missing one or two things to really deliver the core flavor or the breadth of design needed to accomplish their goal with "class fantasies".

Surprising no one the very strong ones tend to be the complete overhaul specs (sans hunters), and not to say they didn't need it but the quality difference is massive.

I still think it'll be interesting depending on the integration of artifacts and all that but boy first impressions for a lot of specs aren't great at all.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty sure blizzard just figures anyone still playing PTR after WoD isn't going to cancel their sub for any reason anyway, so best to appeal to new/returning players with the streamlined, flavor-not-mechanics-focused specs.