World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The biggest change between WoD and Legion for me was relearning the entire flow of Elemental Shaman. My fingers are still trying to use the old cast order.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It has been months and I still find myself hitting "blink" and then "blazing speed" on my Arcane Mage despite "blazing speed" no longer existing. I had to make sure that key was set to something innocuous to avoid getting into trouble while zipping around an area.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This lastest PTR is not what I expected when they said they were half done with the changes. There's barely any changes this time.

Taking a second off the Shockwave stun seems a bit petty.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I believe they were trying to make the other talents look nicer. I'm not sure you can compete with Shockwave without completely gutting it.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You've seriously never gotten hand/wrist fatigue from a long raiding session?

Here, give this a try. For the rest of the day, instead of copy/pasting your usual ":emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:" response, type out a properly thought-out and lengthy post. That should wrack up quite the word count in a few hours.

I used to have major problems with hand/wrist fatigue back when I played a bard in EQ after a raid of twisting songs my hand would be in massive pain. I finally got a different chair and was more careful about my positioning at the keyboard and got a wrist support mouse pad and I have never had an issue with it since. If this is happening a lot I strongly recommend taking a look at how you are sitting and your hand position small changes can save a world of pain and potential worse issues from occurring.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I have enormous issues trying to get in comfortable positions when playing. Most desks are too high for my short ass and chairs never seem to go high enough to compensate for it. Most of the time my arms are pressed against the edge of the desk and I just lose circulation to part of my hands sometimes. And this is with propping myself up by sitting on one of my legs which also results in that foot being super roughed up. My wrists get tired super fast now and a lot of times I just end up playing with braces on. Fucking sucks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Never had a problem, even when gaming 12 hours a day. Must just have good posture I guess. It's good because I play guitar and carpal tunnel would be crippling.

My old roommate got into wow really bad playing 16 hours most days he didn't work. He had to get surgery after just 1 year.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Take frequent breaks to fap with the hand/arm that hurts and you will be pain free. Unless you play so much you can't figure out if you need to do dps or fap.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have enormous issues trying to get in comfortable positions when playing. Most desks are too high for my short ass and chairs never seem to go high enough to compensate for it. Most of the time my arms are pressed against the edge of the desk and I just lose circulation to part of my hands sometimes. And this is with propping myself up by sitting on one of my legs which also results in that foot being super roughed up. My wrists get tired super fast now and a lot of times I just end up playing with braces on. Fucking sucks.
I have the same problem(circulation). I'm 6' and I can't find a combination of desk/chair/monitor where my elbows would be above my wrists and my eyes around the middle of the monitor.

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
Put your monitor on a stand. I use a plastic, 6 foot folding table and have 3 monitors on it.

Elsebet

Peasant
For the past few years at both work and home I've used an adjustable standing desk and take ~15 minute sit breaks here and there. Personally I find it alleviated all of the issues (including concentration lapses and sleepiness) that I had with sitting for long periods of time.

This is the one I have at home: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M3320JQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The downside is now that if I am forced to sit for anything longer than 20 minutes (long meetings, airplane, etc) it gets very uncomfortable and fatigue-inducing quickly. I can stand for hours though no problem.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had a standing desk but then I found out I am far too lazy.

Im sitting here thinking the same thing. When Im actually "home" playing, this is the most relaxing damn chair Ive ever gamed in.

an_dsp.cgi_.jpg
The Monitor, Keyboard and mouse area swing out away from you and when you lean back, it reclines.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I used to play ffxi it didn't really play nice with a mouse so I played with only a keyboard. I would just pull a lazy boy up to my desk and fully recline and play for like 12 hours