World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Everything about WOD was trash - the intro raid and next raid being the same tier? Really? Iron Horde defeated in 3 minutes? 0 reason to leave your Garrison unless you need to go to the AH (if you didn't have one)? All trash.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Treasures and nameds were cool. Though I skipped MoP so no clue if those were already added
Yeah, they were much more prominently featured in MoP than any time previous, and WOD went even larger with them.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I maxed out cooking and first aid this morning. Now on skinning/LW.

I haven't done anything else. What is the gearing up route with JUST the lvl 100 boost greens I find myself in? Leveling as Brewmaster, want to heal later. But we'll see which one I like more.

tkon

Trakanon Raider
Do time walking as your gear doesn't matter and it gets you 675 for any specs you want. They literally throw gear at you. After that do mythics if you want to gear up before the expansion. Do be honest though I think the invasions will give really good gear, so just do that lol.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just looked up the invasion guide. All it drops is transmog shit it looks like. Also some weapons. Seems I'll be doing some timewalking tonight inbetween leveling skinning.

Might transfer over to Hyjal tonight to join you losers for the invasion shenanigans.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I maxed out cooking and first aid this morning. Now on skinning/LW.

I haven't done anything else. What is the gearing up route with JUST the lvl 100 boost greens I find myself in? Leveling as Brewmaster, want to heal later. But we'll see which one I like more.

At this point I would just do the invasion stuff. All the gear is crap as soon as its live anyways

Yeah apparently, I think DH is released too?
Yes, DH is tomorrow at noon(ish) PDT/PST whatever the fuck o'clock blizzard is at.

Gear won't matter at the end of the month, but you could do LFR if you want. To gear up to 650 (you start at 640), I got a few of the timeless things from satchels for healing LFR raids on my priest. You can buy them with apexis as well. You probably want to check which you're going to want to do (healing or tanking), as your artifact choice at the intro to the expansion sort of solidifies you into that role until much later in the process (though, I never made it that far so my reasoning is based off of other people's posts).

Just looked up the invasion guide. All it drops is transmog shit it looks like. Also some weapons. Seems I'll be doing some timewalking tonight inbetween leveling skinning.

Might transfer over to Hyjal tonight to join you losers for the invasion shenanigans.
More the merrier. Get in the van.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I aim to level as Brewmaster and play heals at max. I read that you can get offspec Artifact weapon so it won't be an issue. But I really haven't decided which one I want to do more of just yet. Roster says we already have a tank monk, but no healing monks.

I don't think it will be hard these days to accomplish both though.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I aim to level as Brewmaster and play heals at max. I read that you can get offspec Artifact weapon so it won't be an issue. But I really haven't decided which one I want to do more of just yet. Roster says we already have a tank monk, but no healing monks.

I don't think it will be hard these days to accomplish both though.

Unlike in MoP and WoD, levelling as WW is faster and extremely safe, especially if you take Healing Elixirs. BrM is okay for levelling, but it's hard to pull enough mobs to make it worth, WW with Dragon Punch and FoF can melt group of mobs just as well and the artifact click on 45s cd is just too cool.

All tanks have been neutered enough, little decision making left, moments where shit hits the fan once too many and all you can do is pray your healer can save you. BrM lost a bunch of skills and... it is what it is, but let's say it's not a well received class revamp by a lot of people.

Mistweaver is a good healer with pretty much zero utilities. In dungeons is quite good, because Vivify is too damn good for saving retarded dpsers.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sounds cool. But I have no desire to DPS at all. Especially not melee DPS. Fuck that.

Tanking or Healing is all I intend to do.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I ignored the fuck out of this expansion considering how well the last one went, but the pull of the demon hunter is strong.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
And let me tell you. I am glad to have an actual hub city again. That Ashran fucking mud pit was such a piece of shit. I don't even know how it went live.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It cant be more boring than Diablo 3.. Might as well do it for the first couple of months before people quit again after a few months.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
It cant be more boring than Diablo 3.. Might as well do it for the first couple of months before people quit again after a few months.
Absolutely this, I'm always down for a new WoW expansion, regardless of how good it will be down the road, the first few weeks playing with friends coming back for the launch is always great.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It still amazing to see that people can't grasp the 3rd boss in stonecore.

I gotta say I don't grasp it - I've never fucking been there. I only did on timewalking events so far, for BC. Everything was fine until I ended up in that Kael'Thas dungeon that came out after I quit and the entire group ran so fast that all I could do was keep up, certainly not read up on the upcoming boss fight. That dungeon was all faceroll I guess but if there are timewalking Cataclysm dungeons where you have to know the mechanics or die I would just fail them because nobody takes the time to explain old shit they've done years ago.