World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
PVP is in a fun place right now if you hang out Tyrannical geared in bgs. Pretty much 80% of the people in a given BG will be wearing crafted/dungeon garbage. It's fun mowing people down like a gorilla in a room full of 3 year olds.
Destroying people without a challenge gets old very, very, fast.

Just a reminder for all of you bitching about LFR. I'm doing a 10 man raid on Black Dragonfliight once Siege of Ogrimmar comes out. I'd love for it to be 25 man, but who knows if that will ever happen.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Flex raid is LFR quality gear if I'm not mistaken, not entire sure that's a route I want to go.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I thought flex was replacing Normal?
The current model is, in ilvl:

LFR (25) -> Flex (10 to 25) -> Normal (10/25) -> Heroic (10/25)

A lot of us expect that the Return of the Legion (or whatever it ends being called) expansion will collapse that to LFR -> Flex -> Heroic 25 (since the immense majority of heroics are done in 25, and there will probably save a lot in balancing passes by going from 6 different raid difficulties and size back to 3). But that's speculation at this point (until Blizzcon, where we'll learn all about next spring's expansion)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've never heard that the majority of heroics happen on 25. Do you have a source? (I've only ever done heroics on 10 and the majority of heroic guilds on my server are also 10.)

Re: Transmog helms and cash shop "wallet rape"

On the one hand, I don't have a problem with offering a service to a customer who is willing and able to pay. On the other, I do have a problem if they didn't create a new "shop team" or something similar so that it doesn't negatively impact development time on their already subscribing customers.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Heroic 25 would suck. We had a hard enough time finding 5 people with basic mechanical competency, much less 13!

DavivMcD

Peasant
"Immense majority" doesn't count when the sample size is 1 or 2. A quick glance at wowprogress.com and it looks like a pretty even split between 10 and 25.

Regarding a "shop team": remember they just freed up a bunch of people from working on Titan. They might even be using ideas/code initially developed for a Titan in-game store.

Juvarisx

Florida
Heroic 25 required everyone to pull their weight, least Throne of Thunder did. I stopped after we killed Lei Shen heroic because I was burnt out from it, its way more stress then its worth.

Stabones_sl

shitlord
DeadAgain and I are looking for a raiding guild. He has an 86 druid and 87 mage. I am an 86 mistweaver monk. We play on Misha. Regardless of server, does anyone of a guild that is recruiting?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I've never heard that the majority of heroics happen on 25. Do you have a source?
I think it was a quote from one of the devs/CM. Although they might have not referred to heroics in general but more about server/world-first racing guilds; I'm not sure.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Virtual servers cannot come quick enough. I'm on Stormrage as alliance and they're offering a move to Trollbane (which is dominated by the horde) so it's not really a feasible move unless you faction change. It seems like Blizz is forcing your hand a little but then again, at this point, it's either that or sit in queue for 1 hour plus a night just trying to get into the game. I'm hoping the virtual server thing works out well.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
A few pages ago there was some back and forth about whether or not they'd be getting rid of hard faction restrictions (because of Wrathion/Legendary questline lore). The Wrathion 5.4 audio spoilers confirm that they were more than just coyly suggesting that possibility but were actually just trolling us.

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
Any guilds on horde BDF that can invite my lvl 85 guy, haven't played in almost 2 years
redface.png

Heroic 25 required everyone to pull their weight, least Throne of Thunder did. I stopped after we killed Lei Shen heroic because I was burnt out from it, its way more stress then its worth.
Well obviously people need to pull their weight on 10 man heroic too and Lei Shen hc isn't different in that regard.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I assume it's much more difficult to get 25 people who can avoid standing in fire than it is to get 10.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I assume it's much more difficult to get 25 people who can avoid standing in fire than it is to get 10.
I think the statement really starts with Dream Paragon saying that 10's are easier most likely because of logistics. They basically said they don't count in the world first race only 25's do.