World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Uldum is one of the best questing zones they've ever made. The Harrison Jones questline is fantastic.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Worst thing about MoP is those quests where you play as three side characters as they tell their stories. I've never understood the need to pull you out of the character you built and love to stick you into the body of some rando with 2 or 3 shitty abilities.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Uldum is one of the best questing zones they've ever made. The Harrison Jones questline is fantastic.
Until the phasing breaks. I loved the zone but it was broke as fuck for the last couple years. Once in a while you can get through it but it broke badly to the point you could not finish.

Khane

Worst thing about MoP is those quests where you play as three side characters as they tell their stories. I've never understood the need to pull you out of the character you built and love to stick you into the body of some rando with 2 or 3 shitty abilities.

These and vehicle quests are always the worst.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1601442443412.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes, heirlooms are garbage after prepatch.

WoD is definitely the way to go for leveling post-patch, even if you don't have SpergWarrior powers it's easy 8hours to cap.

WoD leveling nerfed to be closer in /played with others, it seems.

2020-09-30 11.04.22 www.wowhead.com fde5bca1a534.png

2020-09-30 11.04.39 www.wowhead.com 49b1c862b64f.png

Screenshot from the tweet:

EjKql7MU4AYeFTL

Khane

Before this level squish MoP was the second fastest expansion to level through behind WoD, because it also had treasures you could loot for several quests worth of XP. You just had to know how to navigate it and avoid the garbage "story time" quests as mentioned above.

Balmung

Peasant

FFXIV does that shit all the time.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Could have improved the others instead maybe.

Regardless if its Blizzard or not, I rarely ever see buffs in games anymore. Even if the nerf entails more work than just buffing its counterparts - they will almost assuredly nerf rather than buff.

Which, in Blizzard's case with past content - makes even less sense. They appear to want to rush you through all the old content, so that you're playing in the new content with the idea of revamping the entire system of leveling so that it's more fun and less repetitive. But then they slowed down leveling in older content, and nerf or outright strip away rewards there. They seem to have no clear vision, or focus, on how they want players to experience the old content. Much less the new?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
WoD leveling nerfed to be closer in /played with others, it seems.

View attachment 306735

View attachment 306736

Screenshot from the tweet:

EjKql7MU4AYeFTL
I am not shocked they are trying to hit the XP level that you basically have to do all or most of the main zones stories to get out. WOD with a lot of the weird bonus xp stuff you could rampage though it super fast. Now I think it is probably more in line with the pacing of the others. Given the story lines in WOD were probably the best part of the expansion being able to do it legit is actually nice. Its been an age since you could do more than a zone and a smidge before outleveling it.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Could have improved the others instead maybe.
The problem was WOD xp was so fast it kinda breaks the whole point of what they are trying. They want you to be able to see the story line quests of all the main zones of an expansion and that should get you to 50. WOD was so stupidly fast you were still doing like 2 maybe 3 zones tops before capping out.

• 1Faggotry

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Questing in WoD? Naw I just flew around and collected treasure. Pretty sure they are nerfing that too though in pre-patch.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Questing in WoD? Naw I just flew around and collected treasure. Pretty sure they are nerfing that too though in pre-patch.
Yes or just doing the bonus quest areas in a zone or two WOD had like 2 or 3 ways to just fly to its level cap without doing any real questing.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
any point in leveling trade skills prior to expac release? Does it start over I don’t remember how it works