World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fadaar

That guy
blizz needs to get rid of the stupid fucking mob scaling, go back to zones being static. don't give a fuck if i'm over/under powered depending on when I do a zone, just do it.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
blizz needs to get rid of the stupid fucking mob scaling, go back to zones being static.
Interestingly, scaling works really well in FFXIV for Dungeons/FATEs. But there it's the other way around: you get scaled to the content, and only for these parts of the game.

Making everything scale, even at max level along your gearscore was a stupid solution for a problem they didn't really understand. Trying to cure symptoms and not the cause.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah ff14 scaling you down to match the content if you want to is a good way to handle it

it’s wild how you legit feel the strongest for the first few levels then it’s all the same shit to 50 lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
While I do acknowledge that speedrunning is a thing and a challenge, on the other hand I don't really get why you would go out of your way to not play the game as much as possible.

I mostly level through dungeons at the moment, because I like group content (even if it sucks at the moment). Playing with other people seemed to be the raison d'etre for MMOs, but to each their own I guess.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually quite enjoyed doing pandaria on a fresh vulpera. I was able to do all of emerald forest, valley of the four winds/towlong stepes/karasang marsh isle of thunder and was working on the desolate area before I hit 50. The zones I didn't go to were ones I had actually done before so it was nice actually doing stuff like isle of thunder when it is valid content level wise as I skipped pandaria until its very end when it was the current expansion. Level speed seemed very good and nice actually seeing new abilities/character upgrades every level instead of going 10+ levels between getting anything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While I do acknowledge that speedrunning is a thing and a challenge, on the other hand I don't really get why you would go out of your way to not play the game as much as possible.

I mostly level through dungeons at the moment, because I like group content (even if it sucks at the moment). Playing with other people seemed to be the raison d'etre for MMOs, but to each their own I guess.

Wouldn't it be great for those dungeons to actually be challenging, and to play with people you know and talk to through discord? Guess what, they are max level and don't want to level yet another alt. They also want you to be raid ready as soon as possible, so you can start raiding with them, but you don't want to play your highest level toon for this reason or that.

Then there are the people who have already leveled 2 - 5 toons every xpac, when it was live, and/or leveled numerous alts to catch up to current content. It is all the same old shit in the old content, which makes it something people have to endure, just so they can have fun with a new class at max level.

I like the fresh leveling experiences of a new xpac, the first few times, but there are many people who dislike the whole leveling thing, in its entirety. They just want to raid or do mythic+ with friends. Some hate leveling so much, they pay for a boost, others only want to spend $15 on this game, so they either endure the leveling boredom or, if it takes too long, end up quitting when their main no longer holds interest.

Speed leveling as some streaming competition seems silly to me (not that there is anything wrong with it), but shaving time off of a small part of the game that people don't find enjoyable shouldn't be hard to understand.

Araxen

Personally, I believe they should never raise the level cap again. Instead of making "leveling" zones every expansion, they should just focus everything on max level content.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Personally, I believe they should never raise the level cap again. Instead of making "leveling" zones every expansion, they should just focus everything on max level content.
With their scaling faggotry there is zero reason for levels to exist anymore.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well yea, that way you can sit in queue all the way until they take the servers down for patch Tuesday!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Lower quality than I've come to expect. It reminds me more of an extended television commercial than anything else, just stuff in as much as you can because air time is expensive.

Burns

Of course it's on a fucking Monday.

It is part of the whole world wide release thing that they have done for 3 xpacs now. The old midnight EST release was just as bad, if not worse. Now, you can get a few hours of play time in and not totally fuck up your next day at work.

They also addressed one of the main objection, in that you cant enter Mythic 0+ or do any Shadowland weekly quests before the Tuesday reset (they will probably fuck this up somehow).

slReleaseDate.jpg