World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was getting ready to call bull shit. I thought storage was 10k like the game alludes to, but its actually 35k? I honestly have no idea how you have so much Anima, but then again.. people ask me how Im almost done with the Maw. So kudo's to your tenacity. Let me know if you need a job lul.

I havent tried to do the raid, but apparently people are failing that left and right. I "want" to be upset by it cause thats basically invalidating anything Ive f'n done with Mythic+/raiding so far with some pieces. .. or maybe.. Im just f'n old and ... /realization/... my mythic 8-9's are just casual shit. That, or maybe, just maybe, the developers ARE A F'N BUNCH OF CHEESE BALLS. Time Walking raid should have been LFR level raid loot. Dumb fucks.

Yeah it's weird how when you hit 10k the ball is completely full, but counter keeps going, so whatever. I know a few people with similar/more, not like it's a big thing. I know some that are done with the Maw already, too. I've been slacking quite a bit on it and I'm at roughly 10k/21k for the rep. Guys been fully optimizing that shit every day where they are hitting Eye Rank 5 with the last stuff they finish consistently to maximize rep. That's a little much for me to do every day, but I get enough done to move it slowly along with the weekly quest rep boosts.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
How the heck are you getting that many enchanting missions?? I've done every 'crafting mission's that's popped up and all I get is meat meat meat and the occasional tailoring. Ive gotten enchanting like twice since launch.

Merrith

How the heck are you getting that many enchanting missions?? I've done every 'crafting mission's that's popped up and all I get is meat meat meat and the occasional tailoring. Ive gotten enchanting like twice since launch.

I've definitely seen more than 2 enchanting, although it's probably pretty random overall which actual profession ones you get versus how many profession ones in total.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just lucky I guess. I've gotten over 10 myself, so I'm done with Enchanting leveling.

If you're not getting them, it makes me wonder if you need to go higher in the campaign for your table, but that's strictly a guess. Could just be RNG bending you over.

RE: Anima
I've gotten daily quests (from a level 2 Anima conductor) that award 500 anima for finishing them, so that can add up quickly.

Daidraco

RE: Anima
I've gotten daily quests (from a level 2 Anima conductor) that award 500 anima for finishing them, so that can add up quickly.
Yea I read last night that one of the Covenants, Necro iirc?, your anima conductor rewards are 500 anima. Where as Kyrian, I get 3 grateful offerings and maybe 70 anima?

Merrith

That's interesting Necros reward so much anima for the conductor. Night Fae are usually more like what Daid said, some grateful offerings and a couple of the 35 anima items.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Better get some fresh 60s to Ulduar fast. I got my DK 5 200 pieces (including weapon) and he's now almost as geared as my DH. Can't believe Blizzard doing this. I mean I completely agree with it but damn its very uncharacteristic of them. Feels like old Blizzard. I feel like they'll nerf the trinkets though. But hell maybe not, I mean it is only the first raid tier.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its a joke. Only thing you really need to do anything on is last first boss and last two. Fights take 2 lines of explanation

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You would think they would just change Druids so they are harder to be used as bots.
The efficiency would go down but it's not like it couldn't be done with beastmaster hunters, or whatever else is the most convenient if that too gets nerfed. In Suramar when I played last year there were a bunch of hunters too camping some of the more static spots, while the druids were circling the larger areas but ultimately it's just gonna happen regardless. Best result you could expect is forcing them back into instances, so people don't see them, it's not like you could stop botting.

Daidraco

Anyone familiar with Honorbuddy when it was a thing has a good understanding of what tools Blizzard had to combat botting THEN. Especially anything that injected itself into the parent program and God forbid it actually activated Warden. So I can only imagine how much better the tools have became to catch botting since then.

Point being, they arent pulling the trigger on these bans for another reason. Whether thats to boost metrics, do it in some big swathe in order to drain the market, or are looking at it from another angle entirely is the real question. Im just surprised that they have let it go on for as long as it has with as much coverage as it has gotten.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
leveling my alts tonight to get in on this uld scene.

skyrocketing to 200 is too good to pass up.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Point being, they arent pulling the trigger on these bans for another reason. Whether thats to boost metrics, do it in some big swathe in order to drain the market, or are looking at it from another angle entirely is the real question. Im just surprised that they have let it go on for as long as it has with as much coverage as it has gotten.
Dozens of bots in multiple locations on every server/shard? Thats a noticeable fraction of revenue.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Blizz strat for bots hasn't changed since the very beginning. Ban in big waves so they can announce it and appease the plebs, have the waves be spaced out enough that the botters have time to make enough profit and will resub. Win-win for them.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blizz strat for bots hasn't changed since the very beginning. Ban in big waves so they can announce it and appease the plebs, have the waves be spaced out enough that the botters have time to make enough profit and will resub. Win-win for them.

For EU a lot of those bots are from russia or former USSR countries, they use listings of stolen credit card numbers, stolen pre-paid time cards, phished Paypal accounts and such, they create accounts -> bot -> move / sell the gold, rinse and repeat. Blizzard isn't really profiting from that, they have automated stuff to detect the most obvious of them, but it eventually all comes down on human workforce.

They could hire armies GMs to do ingame human surveillance and answer botting tickets, but they won't do that because it's less expensive to check one every year how much bots got banned from Warden and write a post about it than having people on payroll all year long. It's not really about letting bots ingame to get their subs, it's about managing costs, a lot of companies do that.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
Things have gotten vastly better for botters since HB as well. It’s a constant back and forth.
These bots are highly sophisticated with no injection at all (some ).
There hasn’t been a ban wave for 8 months because blizzard hasn’t figured out how to do it.
Now- why they can’t just send a GM to that spot in Asmond video and just ban those I have no idea.

• 1Like