World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was gonna whip up a heroic character to just do Shadowlands content for a month while it's still current, but I'm thinking about instead starting the char from level 1 just to see how different the world and leveling is now that it's been completely overhauled. Also feeling nostalgic for starting out in Tirisfal Glade and making my way to Orgrimmar on a new lowbie character. Could just play classic for a bit, but I'd rather take out two birds with one stone.

Am I being dumb about it and wasting my time? Should I just grab a heroic character, do the Shadowlands levels, and git out?

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
As much as we might wish for something good. Microsoft isn't making anything better. Unfortunately, the only way we'll ever see another real innovative MMO that is fun will come from a small new studio before they get bought.

View attachment 408851

They want a gender queer non-binary powerhouse to fuel whatever Meta-verse competitor Faggot Factory IP they are planning.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Don't know if it's women specifically or console kiddies that have now grown up but I agree that the game's unrecognizable from what it once was and the target audience has changed completely. All the older talent is clearly long gone and their vision along with it.
Theres just no one from back then working at Blizzard today.

The idea of who and what the characters/world is supposed to be is just different now. Compare Deathwing in the Cata cinematic to Alexstrasza in Dragonflight. Deathwing was a lumbering leviathan, Alexstrasza in Dragonflight is a cracked out gymnast doing back flips and barrel rolls powered by a rocket. Small things like that your brain notices.

Also looking at a higher res promo, looks like they beat her with a man stick;

1650494864329.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was gonna whip up a heroic character to just do Shadowlands content for a month while it's still current, but I'm thinking about instead starting the char from level 1 just to see how different the world and leveling is now that it's been completely overhauled. Also feeling nostalgic for starting out in Tirisfal Glade and making my way to Orgrimmar on a new lowbie character. Could just play classic for a bit, but I'd rather take out two birds with one stone.

Am I being dumb about it and wasting my time? Should I just grab a heroic character, do the Shadowlands levels, and git out?
You are being dumb. There is zero reason to play retail WoW.

If you have nostalgia for Tirisfal Glades then go play one of the Classic servers, which actually have more content than Shadowlands.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess they are going all in on the furry demo with the open mouth neckbeard pose:

1059200.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Lots of big changes …I don’t care about any of the politics around Blizzard and the fact their last few expansions have been shit. I had a good time with Shadowlands for a month or two so I got my monies worth. I will play this as well.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
What possible reason exists to put a tranny in your promotional video? People find them repulsive, so now people are subconsciously associating your product with repulsion.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Lots of big changes …I don’t care about any of the politics around Blizzard and the fact their last few expansions have been shit. I had a good time with Shadowlands for a month or two so I got my monies worth. I will play this as well.
I kind of feel this way... but there are a lot of things I don't like about the game itself that they really didn't address.
I'm going to wait for the alpha/beta and all the news from there to make a better decision.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What possible reason exists to put a tranny in your promotional video? People find them repulsive, so now people are subconsciously associating your product with repulsion.

They just can't seem to help themselves these days. I mean it was a purposeful choice to put that thing on screen, everyone groaned, rolled their eyes, and immediately were repulsed as you said. One would simply think a company with the resources Activation has would simply hire someone super charismatic, attractive, and likable to promote their game. We could call the profession oh I don't know an "announcer or a spokesperson" and they could hype the ever living shit out of it while actually coming across as somewhat authentic.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So were people hoping M$ purchase would turn things around? The same people that apologized to all the Indian tribes for holding their conference on lands owned by the redskins from 500 years ago while announcing their race and pronouns before speaking? That M$?

They had to name like 50 tribes because those fucks killed each other more then the pilgrams killed them. The pilgrams were just way more efficient at it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Microsoft hasn't bought Blizzard yet. Even if the deal was done, all of this would have been planned before the sale.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Time stamped this just for any turbo tard who might be under the impression they learned anything about gated flying..

TLDR: No they didn't enjoy your gliders shitsticks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It brought a lot of viewer engagement during the livestream though.

1650519665605.png

• 7Worf
  • 4Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 11 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So were people hoping M$ purchase would turn things around? The same people that apologized to all the Indian tribes for holding their conference on lands owned by the redskins from 500 years ago while announcing their race and pronouns before speaking? That M$?

They had to name like 50 tribes because those fucks killed each other more then the pilgrams killed them. The pilgrams were just way more efficient at it.

There seems to be a call coming later this month about the MS Buyout.. with some hedge fund company called SoC(Who has like a 2% stake into Acti) trying to get the deal cancelled..

Honestly if I had any stock .. I'd gladly dump it off onto MS for any price they offered fuck those SoC shitheads.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Californians actually belive that tranny women are women and that more non males means a better product.

The trannies and women who actually like gaming play FF14 though because it has better graphics, player housing and fashion.

So they are chasing a small audience who will never play WoW without it having massive investment into those missing features.

Also the tranny was staring at the girl's tits the whole time lmao
Screenshot_20220421-105929_Chrome.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Must say I am getting really tired of the world's entertainment all originating from the Capital of Wokeness.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users