World of Warcraft: Current Year

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
We just got to heroics this week and finally killed this guy last night. We kept running into an apparent bug where someone would get the pool debuff and it would keep ticking on them even though they weren't standing in any pools. Also, our disc priest discovered that using penance on the healing blobs could bug them to the point they stopped moving...would have to grip them into the center pool.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
We just got to heroics this week and finally killed this guy last night. We kept running into an apparent bug where someone would get the pool debuff and it would keep ticking on them even though they weren't standing in any pools. Also, our disc priest discovered that using penance on the healing blobs could bug them to the point they stopped moving...would have to grip them into the center pool.
It isnt the pool debuff. It is the debuff you get for hitting the boss. (Sha corruption)
Pools do not get you a debuff.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Came back and did LFR to catch up to the overall plotline. Timeless Isle is pretty fun and the tradeskill stuff they added in with 5.4 is handy, I dig the noodle cart especially.

I notice that Garrosh drops heirloom weapons that scale from 90 to 100... does that mean that 5.4 is the last major patch prior to an unannounced expansion that is going to make the full jump from 90 to 100? Seems unlikely and yet they are odd items otherwise.

Came back and did LFR to catch up to the overall plotline. Timeless Isle is pretty fun and the tradeskill stuff they added in with 5.4 is handy, I dig the noodle cart especially.

I notice that Garrosh drops heirloom weapons that scale from 90 to 100... does that mean that 5.4 is the last major patch prior to an unannounced expansion that is going to make the full jump from 90 to 100? Seems unlikely and yet they are odd items otherwise.
5.4 is almost certainly the last patch for Mists.

Rime

<Donor>
There will be a 5.4.1, which will have the new Recruit-a-Friend system and some other changes, but there is no announced patch 5.5 or the like.

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider
Blizzcon will no doubt announce the new expansion as well as a possible release date. But if the new expansion isn't coming till early/mid next year I definitely can see Blizz releasing a new dungeon or Hscene to buy a few more months.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There will be other patches, but they noted there won't be any massive content releases (ie, raids) until the next xpac. Like Kem said, I would expect smaller content.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Surely they will need a patch to fix ilvl so they dont have to use scientific notation to display hp in the next expansion.

I was reading the wow server forums of various places I played, and almost all of them are people making jokes about how there's 30 people on the server, only one guild, etc. Is it really that bad now?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Did they ever remove the limits on creating a DK as a first character on a new account? Or do you still have to have a level XX character before you can make a DK?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Hmmm a friend of mine just started playing WoW a few months ago and remarked that he wanted to get a character up to 50 so he could play a Death Knight, so the limit may still exist.

The Timeless Isle purple drops certainly are a boon to anyone who wants to play with their stable of alts. In a couple days I've managed to gear out my Warlock and Shaman in near full ilevel 496 gear just from following the herd killing rares. I thought the heroic dungeons right before Mists came out were easy, but wow... with people in current gear the daily heroic can be done in like 5-10 mins tops. Its just crazy.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Still have to have a 55 for a DK but I think they allow more than one per realm now. Used to be you could only have 1 per realm in wotlk/cata.

So fuck that warlock green fire boss. I was at 490 ilvl and trying him. I could get to the fel puppies then I'd usually just fall apart. Macro'ing various things helps and the setup to fight him helps, but he has to be the hardest non-raid/group thing in wow ever. No taking the time to up my ilvl to SoO lfr levels. I think that should give me some comfort.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Still have to have a 55 for a DK but I think they allow more than one per realm now. Used to be you could only have 1 per realm in wotlk/cata.

So fuck that warlock green fire boss. I was at 490 ilvl and trying him. I could get to the fel puppies then I'd usually just fall apart. Macro'ing various things helps and the setup to fight him helps, but he has to be the hardest non-raid/group thing in wow ever. No taking the time to up my ilvl to SoO lfr levels. I think that should give me some comfort.
Ya, he is a pretty brutal solo fight. You either have to execute the fight 100% flawless and get a little lucky on RNG, or you have to really overgear for it.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Playing FFXIV a bit and giving healing a shot for the first time since 1999 I found that I enjoyed it a hell of a lot. I figured I would dive into healing in wow and wanted to hit you guys up for some advice. Given priest & paladin are the only classes I don't have capped in Warcraft and I don't want to start healing on a level 90 I rolled up a priest with full heirlooms and got to 17 over the weekend. I healed Deadmines which of course was incredibly easy, specialized in discipline. That said...

While the healing was easy it just felt, awkward. I was primarily clicking on people in the party menu, then casting flash heal or PW:S them because even though I had @mouseover macros people would be blocked by npcs/other party members etc.I'm doing it wrong. I wanted to see if you guys could give me some tips for mods & macros to make things flow a bit smoother. Albeit I'm not healing much in Deadmines there was a lot to be desired in playability. Right now I have PW:S and Flash Heal on @mouseover macros that either heal myself or the target depending on a couple conditions (can't recall at work now - got the macro off Icy Veins.) I'm using elvUI but not really much else. I installed Clique but don't know how/haven't tried to use it yet.

I know there are a lot of mods out there for healing in wow and coming into it 14 years late is going to be fun. My goal is to level (mostly) in dungeons, so I figure discipline is the spec of choice.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
#Showtooltip Penance
/cast [target=mouseover, nodead, exists] Penance; Penance

that for every heal .it's annoying as shit. I haven't used Healbot or Clique in years but those used to be things people did. If there's an addon that just turns your heals into mouseover casts automatically that would be magical.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Playing FFXIV a bit and giving healing a shot for the first time since 1999 I found that I enjoyed it a hell of a lot. I figured I would dive into healing in wow and wanted to hit you guys up for some advice. Given priest & paladin are the only classes I don't have capped in Warcraft and I don't want to start healing on a level 90 I rolled up a priest with full heirlooms and got to 17 over the weekend. I healed Deadmines which of course was incredibly easy, specialized in discipline. That said...

While the healing was easy it just felt, awkward. I was primarily clicking on people in the party menu, then casting flash heal or PW:S them because even though I had @mouseover macros people would be blocked by npcs/other party members etc.I'm doing it wrong. I wanted to see if you guys could give me some tips for mods & macros to make things flow a bit smoother. Albeit I'm not healing much in Deadmines there was a lot to be desired in playability. Right now I have PW:S and Flash Heal on @mouseover macros that either heal myself or the target depending on a couple conditions (can't recall at work now - got the macro off Icy Veins.) I'm using elvUI but not really much else. I installed Clique but don't know how/haven't tried to use it yet.

I know there are a lot of mods out there for healing in wow and coming into it 14 years late is going to be fun. My goal is to level (mostly) in dungeons, so I figure discipline is the spec of choice.
I play Paladin and use Grid for my raid frames and pretty much heal by targeting the player, hitting the keybind for whatever heal I want to use, then targeting next player, repeat. I've never had issues healing this way but I'm generally the odd man out as most everyone else uses mouseover macros where all they do is click that players raid frame and the heal goes off. Most people in my guild either use multi button mouses or alt,shift,ctrl,etc modifiers in combo with mouse buttons to heal. The two exceptions are that I do have flash heal and cleanse on mouseover macros and bound to the side buttons of my mouse. Personally I think unless you have a problem with framerate or latency, where minimizing button presses could be helpful you should just do whatever is most comfortable.