World of Warcraft: Current Year

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Never heard of PQR either - but i dont think id want the game to play for me, there is already very little to look forward to in game atm.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
ITs Itzena Id worry about.

He probably call a C&D incoming in 3...2...1... and link some silly gay anime picture. Oh and a one liner to piss you off.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That general "scare" or threat of a "Ban" to people using those Combat Routines is all well and good. But after searching up how long honor buddy has been around... you mean to tell me that after three years (im guessing?) of people using that to farm mats, that theyve magically found some way to trace people using a Combat Routine that uses a fraction of what a botter does? Blow more smoke, Blizzard. If it happens, and people get banned then the game can only get healthier. But Im not convinced in the slightest. The only people Ive ever heard of that have received bans are those that blatantly bot.
Oh I agree, that the people using PQR, are probably also been using HB, and that's why they got banned, not because of PQR. But there have been enough people scared, and the main developer of PQR no longer plays WoW and has said no future updates, that it may be dead in the water.

Just scare tactics, or actually discovered PQR, either way, it's worked to make people not trust it, and stop a lot of people from using it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not totally informed of PQR or what it stands for specifically (I know combat routine).. Or who even makes it. What is it, like a plug in for Honor Buddy or some other 3rd party program and people just use that to develop their own combat routines? I was under the impression that the guys flaunting the biggest DPS numbers in the world on Honor Buddy forums were just developing their own from scratch. For instance, Millz and Tuanha. The guys that actually make people buy their combat routines.

-Edit-
Looked up and read about PQRotation. Its a bunch of LUA / XML stuff that the user has to do in order for it to even work. Since its free, I wouldnt imagine its connected to something like HB.

Crone

Completely separate from Honor Buddy, but the same type of person that uses PQR probably would use HB as well. So while it may have been PQR, it very well could have been the herb farming bot they ran for 3 days straight as well. To be clear, HB does have a rotation bot as well. PQR was completely separate though.

I actually don't know what PQR stands for. It was always just referenced as "PQR".

And the maker created the "platform" while the users created the .lua scripted profiles that would control the rotations. The good profiles were constantly tweaked and updated to increase DPS and features added for different raids, and boss fights.

The entire system was thought to be pretty low key and "safe", because it doesn't control any of your movement, someone would only ever think that you were doing a great rotation. Mashing them keys gooder! Now, tons of people are yelling and screaming from the January ban wave saying it was PQR's injection that got them banned.

So PQR is like a script where you could enter your rotation, procs, priorities etc and it would execute a perfect rotation or something?

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I am max level with all tanking classes with exception of Druid. I have tanked with pally dk monk and warrior. My fav is monk by far.. They can solo any old content easily, as well as decent in PVP as windwalker (dps ) I have some concerns though as a monk tank I think I feel more squishy than say a plate counterpart but that may be just me. My first tank ever was a DK and they are equally powerful tank class can solo anything super easy, level up by grabbing all mobs in an area and AE them down etc etc...
Finally a DK starts at lvl 55 so you get a decent boost. I would say go with DK if you don't like it just wait until the lvl 90 boost comes out with pre order of new xpac and then pick another class. But if leveling is your thing go Monk
smile.png
Went Monk, got him up to 25 now. Utter blast, the complexity of the class really appeals to me, and that sense of the chance to get good at a class people say 95% of players can't play for shit seems like a good challenge.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Went Monk, got him up to 25 now. Utter blast, the complexity of the class really appeals to me, and that sense of the chance to get good at a class people say 95% of players can't play for shit seems like a good challenge.
I haven't played my monk a lot (I leveled him almost entirely via level granting RAF and afk in a party with someone who was exploiting), but I have dabbled in all three specs. MW was probably the most convoluted of the three, WW is easy to learn but difficult to master (imo), and BM requires pretty solid knowledge of your abilities and cooldowns to be effective. I don't know that it's the hardest class, but I do know it's the least played class (Blizzard has said this multiple times in answer to "Why didn't you give us another class with WoD?").

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
Due to RL, I've been away for nearly a year. Playing a Rogue and doing Timeless Isle to get caught up on gear. However, bit behind on certain things.

1) What's the "best" spec for soloing and 5 mans. Currently assassination.
2) I've so far picked up a bunch of timeless gear I can use to create an item of my spec. For Rogues, does it matter which spec I am? Or just click the damn thing?
3) I had the legendary daggers, but can't find them anywhere in my inventory. I've already opened a ticket, but has anyone heard of this type of thing happening?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
1) Combat is stronger in anything with more than 1 mob or when you will change targets alot
2) Doesnt matter its random regardless
3) No clue

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Due to RL, I've been away for nearly a year. Playing a Rogue and doing Timeless Isle to get caught up on gear. However, bit behind on certain things.
1. Assassination till you get AoC. It's fun, easy, and effective. Sub if you have the ping and skill cap for it. Go Combat for all the things, but only after you get an Assurance of Consequence.

2. Just click the damned thing.

3) Check your void storage, your bank, and your bags. It's possible you were hacked and had them deleted. Ticket it. Shit like that just doesn't go missing though.

Crone

About to respec into Holy on my paladin. Never played Holy before, but have played other healers. Finally went around and picked up a bunch of chests... not all of them yet, but got some duplicates, so will get me some starting Holy gear.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What's the stance on Combat with daggers? Shittastic? I've got 548 mh and 536 offhand daggers and play assassination, but I want to try combat and only have a single 528 combat weapon (and a 502 as well).

Also: for rogues, the gear pool is the same between specs with the exceptions of weapons. If you're assassination spec (and looting that way), you won't get maces/sword/what-have-yous. The reverse isn't true though, I think you're able to get daggers as combat.

bayr_sl

shitlord
2 hours at 90 and I am at 473 ilvl with 2 burdens to use if I get something to put them on, not bad. Also silly