World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
1) How different is it really? You have some newer skills that you get at a lower lvl that speeds up the process. Other than that, its basically the exact same.

2) The content is not anymore difficult than it used to be, and in fact is probably easier due to the newer skills added at the lower levels.

3) Boxing scene? There is nothing in the overworld that warrants a box. If you want to solo instances etc, get double quest rewards, level up crafters....boxing is fine. It seems that people get their panties in a twist over someone boxing an account and try to get you banned by having /1 general mass report you. I had a toon with 2 chars on /follow so that I did not have to repeat all this content and could cover my crafting basics. Even though I would quest with one and just have the other 2 on /follow...it seemed every person that ran be me wanted to report me for botting...
Did you ever get banned from it? I've been reading a bit and yeah, a lot of the community is outright hostile to boxers. I dunno if that's from getting ganked by 5boxing losers in pvp (which is a super lame strat) or what. Coming from EQ where a huge portion of the population boxes it's super different.

Plus Blizzard seems to ban people who use any kind of boxing tools like isboxer.

EQ expansion comes out in a couple days. I might pick up SoD in a couple weeks.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's the other things i was wondering. I've leveled maybe 20 characters to level 25 over the years, it still only takes an evening if there's no spawn contention, right? Is there an "endgame" grind for these runes? Can you sweat out some exploit kills of higher level content?
it definitely takes more than an evening.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did you ever get banned from it? I've been reading a bit and yeah, a lot of the community is outright hostile to boxers. I dunno if that's from getting ganked by 5boxing losers in pvp (which is a super lame strat) or what. Coming from EQ where a huge portion of the population boxes it's super different.

Plus Blizzard seems to ban people who use any kind of boxing tools like isboxer.

Did they change the rules/enforcement? AFAIK boxing is allowed, but botting/automation is not. The rule they enforce is one key press for one ability. As in the key presses can all be on one "box" but you can't run software that make, say, 3 abilities trigger from one key press.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Sure!

I'm about the same. I was doing dungeons this morning and had another healy mage so they wanted me to just do damage. I went and got a damage meter so I could see what works best. That's when I realized I was barely beating the priest that uses a wand now and then :emoji_laughing:

Insert joke about bad eq players here.

I don't know if there's some secret sauce, old lady reflexes, or if it is just runes. The only real damage related rune I have is the frost lance I never use.

I'm going to log in and do some rune hunting for sure. I was averaging about a third of the other mage's damage.
Shit that makes me remember my Mage on classic jumping into guild raids for the first time. 2 goddamn weeks I couldn't figure out why I couldn't out dps the other 2 mages who were mediocre at best.
Then right before the a raid I noticed I never moved the final ranks of my main dps spells to my hot bar. Yeah that helped a LOT. Whooped the shit out of them after that. I was starting to get a complex. Haha

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Shit that makes me remember my Mage on classic jumping into guild raids for the first time. 2 goddamn weeks I couldn't figure out why I couldn't out dps the other 2 mages who were mediocre at best.
Then right before the a raid I noticed I never moved the final ranks of my main dps spells to my hot bar. Yeah that helped a LOT. Whooped the shit out of them after that. I was starting to get a complex. Haha
This reminds me. I should probably go train when I log back in again... 2 levels is probably a lot at this point.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Did they change the rules/enforcement? AFAIK boxing is allowed, but botting/automation is not. The rule they enforce is one key press for one ability. As in the key presses can all be on one "box" but you can't run software that make, say, 3 abilities trigger from one key press.
I hear it's like you say, one key press for one ability and key rebroadcasting is not allowed.

But it's the same noise you get every time large numbers of cheaters get banned. People write up sob stories about how they dindu nothing just to create smoke over the whole situation.

If I boxed it'd just be two of them, and I'd only do it because I can only get sweaty enough to be interested if I'm spinning two plates. I don't need any IS Boxer software to do that.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's been a looong time since I leveled, and that was long before WoW: Classic. On SoD how many hours after release did people start hitting 25?
They released on Thursday afternoon and by the time I made a character and logged in on Friday night there were people starting to hit 25. Since they had very little contested spawns, it was faster. Now, with the populations in the zones, you will take longer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I have not been banned for boxing, but I know I get angry tells and /reported and all I am doing is running on /follow.

There is no automation or anything that I am doing. For all the quests...I just complete the quest..turn in..click next screen..turn in...click next screen..turn in etc.

Also I don't grief people, have not single item on AH etx..yet 3 people sent me nasty tells and say they /reported because they think I am selling accounts?? No fucking clue. Just a bunch of asshats in the game that I'd prefer to ignore and just have fun.

Edit...

I am also on a pve server, so there is never any pvp grieving either.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I do have it setup so that Id I press the 1 key, that each boxed account fires off a spell...so if I hit 1...hunter autoshoots, warlock chaos bolts, mage shoots frost. Very simple and basic.
dana-white-thats-fucking-illegal.gif

But seriously, is this on IS Boxer and how much time in the last couple years did you play like this?

Tide27

dana-white-thats-fucking-illegal.gif

But seriously, is this on IS Boxer and how much time in the last couple years did you play like this?
Yes, I use ISboxer to launch.

Used to do it all the time back in the day to RAF up accounts. Once yout RFC you could hit 60 in the same day with a 70 lock pulling and the other accounts sitting at zone in and /follow

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yes, I use ISboxer to launch.
But the key broadcasting is through IS Boxer? I've been seeing people talk about using AHK or hardware KVM to get around the rule against key broadcasting that Blizzard put out in 2020 or something.

This is all just me reading about it though, I last played in 2018 apparently, and even then I only played for like 1 evening. Last I really played was WotLK when I quit immediately after getting my buddy his frostmourne or shadowmourne or whatever, lol

Tide27

Ton of videos on YouTube of folks running 4 war / 1 shm , 4 locks, 1 priest etc....no clue it was illegal lol.

I'm no where near that level of play and don't find it necessary, but watching all the boxing videos was intriguing seeing what people could do.

Tide27

But the key broadcasting is through IS Boxer? I've been seeing people talk about using AHK or hardware KVM to get around the rule against key broadcasting that Blizzard put out in 2020 or something.

This is all just me reading about it though, I last played in 2018 apparently, and even then I only played for like 1 evening. Last I really played was WotLK when I quit immediately after getting my buddy his frostmourne or shadowmourne or whatever, lol
You can set up windows on Win 10 with mouse over macros so you just have to click the screen that's designated to each account. But yes, I was using the isboxer feature. There is a keybroadcast to where they do everything you main account does, but that broadcasting is turned off...however the 1 through 0 keys can be set up so I can just hit the 3 key on my game pad and the healer will heal, without having to swap windows.

I have seen botters out there that just run in a designated path and kill non stop. That is botting to me. Or they float under the world and loot chests, exploit Z axis and hover and farm instances..some even have multiple mage groups that they can automate and /invite , accept tips, and fire off portals 24/7 with zero real life interaction. Those are instances I considered botting..where there was no input from the player and it went on for extended periods of time.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They released on Thursday afternoon and by the time I made a character and logged in on Friday night there were people starting to hit 25. Since they had very little contested spawns, it was faster. Now, with the populations in the zones, you will take longer.
they could have played 30 hours straight though

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And I'm sure they did.
I'm level 19 with 19 hours in, and playing extremely unoptimal/wandering. I'm sure it's possible to hit 25 in under 20 hours played, but it's definitely not possible in "an evening" aka 6 hours. That's all I'm saying.

• 2Like
  • 1Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 2 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty sure a hunter in the guild on wild growth hit 25 on the first night.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I'm level 19 with 19 hours in, and playing extremely unoptimal/wandering. I'm sure it's possible to hit 25 in under 20 hours played, but it's definitely not possible in "an evening" aka 6 hours. That's all I'm saying.
The Thursday afternoon to Friday night was assuming constant play. If you are just playing 6 hours at a time, it will take you closer to a week. Especially since a few zones have more people than spawns.