World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Class Breakdowns

1. Druids: OP. Best DPS. Can fill all the other roles adequately.
  2. Hunters & Rogues: Quite strong and mostly balanced for what they do.
  3. Warriors: If they are well played and geared, they are just fine.
  4. Priests: They heal. They do it well.
  5. Shaman: Tanking, they are pretty great. Tons of Agro, but have some mana issues and better with single target tanking. The other specs aren't as good but they do fine.
  6. Mage: Doesn't DPS as good as the other DPS classes, doesn't heal as good as the other healers. They don't suck, but everyone else does their roles better right now.
  7. Warlock: It is a struggle. Lots of potential here, but they are behind most of the other classes in both DPS and Tanking. They just need more levels and spell ranks than what is available in Phase 1. In Raids they are mostly there to add their utility and loot cloth so it doesn't get disenchanted.
N/A: Paladins: I'm sure they are OP, because Alliance gets easy mode game, but I not a fgt and I play Horde.
Raid logs show rogues first place for DPS, feral second, and warriors very close in third, but almost second.

This will continue to shift as classes get access to more abilities, spells, and talents.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If we assume the rune doesn't change (meaning it stays at 20% bonus to AP). Then when compared to Rank 3 WF, it will only outclass it once base AP of a player goes beyond 1,575. I have no idea how easy it is for a melee class to hit that mark in classic gear.
Melee isn’t hitting that AP number without full consumes and world buffs pre-AQ

• 2Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Melee isn’t hitting that AP number without full consumes and world buffs pre-AQ
You'll hit it while snapshotting certain buffs though. Orcs with Bloodfury (or whatever the fuck the racial is called) etc. So much of end game dps is snapshotting 3-4 things at once and critting for thousands of damage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why do folks come in and just make up easily looked up information about best dps classes?

Even that can change, depending on how you use the tool. "All" parses are kinda meaningless when you are counting a bunch of scrubs that can't play their class. I used to use 85% or better, on retail, when looking at log ratings:
2023-12-20 18.23.22 vanilla.warcraftlogs.com d128119db78d.png

• 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Even that can change, depending on how you use the tool. "All" parses are kinda meaningless when you are counting a bunch of scrubs that can't play their class. I used to use 85% or better, on retail, when looking at log ratings:
View attachment 505147
Which shows the exact same lineup as what i linked.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thankfully I don't worry too much about logs and when its leads to being top parsing. We'd all play warriors then.

Hell I use a talent setup because it gives me movement speed in the open world, instead of the "optimal max dps talents". Plus I like it better since I pvp.

Long as you can beat the raid and dont make mistakes, all good imo.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Thankfully I don't worry too much about logs and when its leads to being top parsing. We'd all play warriors then.

Hell I use a talent setup because it gives me movement speed in the open world, instead of the "optimal max dps talents". Plus I like it better since I pvp.

Long as you can beat the raid and dont make mistakes, all good imo.

I agree with the caveat that I want people to play their role well regardless of if they’re the flavor of the week. And also to clear in a reasonable time. I’m not spending 2 hours in bfd because someone wants to play shadow and another is a melee lone wolf hunter.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lmao I made a warrior named Cuckold and made a cuck joke about the wandering swordsman being a little too friendly with my wife and literally instantly got suspended for 30 seconds and a forced name change

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 7 users

Sludig

Lmao I made a warrior named Cuckold and made a cuck joke about the wandering swordsman being a little too friendly with my wife and literally instantly got suspended for 30 seconds and a forced name change
Meanwhile Sm3gma has been allowed to reign free for a couple weeks at least.

• 1Worf

Burns

Which shows the exact same lineup as what i linked.
I had changed it to two weeks instead of one, right off the bat, so it switched hunters and rogues when I looked at "all" VS. 80 percentile. Regardless, "all" usually has a good deal of difference to top parces on retail and I would imagine the skill gap will get bigger with the higher levels, in the next phase.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
any advice on the best place to farm the waylaid containers? now that it only takes friendly i figured i'd get the rune but fuck me i slaughter gnolls/hogger for an hour and didnt get a single drop.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
any advice on the best place to farm the waylaid containers? now that it only takes friendly i figured i'd get the rune but fuck me i slaughter gnolls/hogger for an hour and didnt get a single drop.
Chests. Go to some cavern filled with people so you can take advantage of fast respawn.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That and fill them before turning in. Let me get friendly pretty fast. Since instead of 100 rep, it was sometimes 450 rep. I only filled when it was something relatively cheap.

• 1Solidarity

yerm

In order for future-phase shaman to take windfury back from druids, they don't JUST need their totem to be better than the rune. They need it to be better than grace of air and possibly flametongue plus the rune.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Shit you should RP as an insane gnome who lopped his twig and berries off I bet Blizzard would give you free game time.

• 2Worf