WTF Story Thread?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not sure to blame liberal bastions or unions for that. Esp bit at end, like 50 others making 100k there.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
According to his time card, Zhang was paid for every single day — even weekends — in 2015, working overtime the majority of his shifts. In July, the janitor allegedly worked nearly 20 hours a day for 18 days straight, according to the news station.

Zhang on the first day disappeared twice in the closet, once for 54 minutes and then again later for about 90 minutes. The janitor on a separate day spent 90 minutes in the closet during the afternoon and another 78 in the evening, according to the news station.

I get an hour and a half for less than 10 hours of work day. This dude takes under 3 hours and works 20. He gets his shit done and nobody complains.

This is what America is all about. Work hard, get paid. This isn't a shortcut to success here, it's a hardworking motherfucking earning his wage.

• 1Picard
  • 1Bullshit
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

I hope it's tongue in cheek MAGA'ry. Otherwise you a dumb faggot. If he was collecting 40 hours a week and doing it in 5. Yes by all means cool...... he's working nearly 2x overtime to 1x normal time. Supposedly being at work for 18-20 hours a day.

That is straight up fleecing a system no one is managing. Even if they were supposedly short staffed or something (hard to imagine with that kind of money even from say half the OT abuse), if they are getting their work actually done in that time, why would they not reduce staff/hours.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

I hope it's tongue in cheek MAGA'ry. Otherwise you a dumb faggot. If he was collecting 40 hours a week and doing it in 5. Yes by all means cool...... he's working nearly 2x overtime to 1x normal time. Supposedly being at work for 18-20 hours a day.

That is straight up fleecing a system no one is managing. Even if they were supposedly short staffed or something (hard to imagine with that kind of money even from say half the OT abuse), if they are getting their work actually done in that time, why would they not reduce staff/hours.

He is offering to work hours that others are not volunteering to work. He is performing his required tasks during this period. His taking breaks of 2-3 hours a day is not extravagant when you realize he is willing to work 2-3 times a "normal" labor job workday.

Maybe I'm wrong but I've heard horror stories about that place and its issues with vagrants, homeless, etc. My guess is he's working a very shitty job, at hours some employees would be extremely uncomfortable being there, and getting stuff done. His pay is outrageous most likely because of rate multipliers for overtime and holidays. Meanwhile his bosses know he's doing it and do not care. I am stuck assuming that they can't find decent employees to cover his hours... or they would. I know I sure as shit wouldn't quit my day job to go clean piss in the bay area transit system late at night, not even for his obscene pay.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Where did they say he is working hours no one else will work. Again if there was any managent involved, hiring would be handled to include raising base pay until you actually have staff. By your logic fucking fast food workers would also be taking home 75k. I've been there, my last job I was working mandatory (think illegal) 16 hour shifts with less than 8 hour turn arounds for 80 hour weeks. Still doesn't compare to some of the hours they were alleging he had.

I will agree, their reporting on him disapearing to a closet is a bit shaky. (oh noes he disapeared for an hour) Try tracking a bunch of people at other jobs they all probably shirk work too a bit, especially if they have a job you finish and have to wait around.,

It's a major metro area. They are *not* not going to be able to fill the job even if they have high turnover.

yerm

Where did they say he is working hours no one else will work.

“People are not raising their hands and saying, ‘I want some of that overtime,’” he said. “Mr. Zhang has said yes."

Again if there was any managent involved, hiring would be handled to include raising base pay until you actually have staff. By your logic fucking fast food workers would also be taking home 75k. I've been there, my last job I was working mandatory (think illegal) 16 hour shifts with less than 8 hour turn arounds for 80 hour weeks. Still doesn't compare to some of the hours they were alleging he had.

"He’s worked hard, he’s completed the assignments, so I stand by the work he’s done.”

I will agree, their reporting on him disapearing to a closet is a bit shaky. (oh noes he disapeared for an hour) Try tracking a bunch of people at other jobs they all probably shirk work too a bit, especially if they have a job you finish and have to wait around.,

It's a major metro area. They are *not* not going to be able to fill the job even if they have high turnover.

See first quote.

Look I'm not saying it's good. It's an exploitable situation, and they should be hiring more people instead of having one guy do all the work. That said, I don't know their government. Do they have hiring freezes beyond their control? Is it such a shit job that they just cannot find reliably good people or the turnover is crippling?

What I do see is a man offering to work, doing work, and being paid for it. If he's overpaid that is NOT his fault. Criticizing him, the worker, is bullshit - he's a hard working motherfucker! Criticize the management if you will but that's not really what the article was doing.

That's enough shitting up the story thread from me, apologies all around.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuck, 20 hour days? Probably taking power naps spooning with a mop.

Hell, I'm shirking work right now.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shit I work 10 hours a day and still try to squeeze in a nap or two. For 20 I'd be sprucing up that closet with something cozy for sure.

Speaking of WTF story's does anyone have a link to the guy who somehow came into possession of an ostrich egg which broke in his closet/bedroom? Popped into my head opening this thread and it was damned funny