X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Xevy

Log Wizard
One thing that irks me about speedsters is, stamina. So flash or QS can run around the world or across the country. They still have to move thier legs as many times as a normal person would. How do they not crap/ dehydrate have enough calories to burn to even run 200 miles let alone thousands?
It's a confuddled mix of them moving fast and them actually slowing time. Kind of interesting though, if that's how QS is when he's moving fast, imagine how long it would feel for him to run across the country. He'd be normal speed jogging for the mental equivalent of weeks, but it would take place in a matter of seconds.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They would need to have the ability to perceive time elapsing that slowly, such as in the Quicksilver scene, but since that likely does result in the metabolism and energy usage spiking significantly higher they don't always use it. Because if they always existed in slow motion it would be a huge pain in the ass simply to speak to other people. Not to mention how any type of entertainment would be insanely boring waiting for a TV show to go frame to frame or a video game response on screen.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
One thing that irks me about speedsters is, stamina. So flash or QS can run around the world or across the country. They still have to move thier legs as many times as a normal person would. How do they not crap/ dehydrate have enough calories to burn to even run 200 miles let alone thousands?

Crap could mean cramp, but I will let it stand
More like why dont the insane G forces from such acceleration doesnt rip them apart. You just gotta turn off the logical part of your brain bro.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

Crap could mean cramp, but I will let it stand
For the Flash, it's been explained his speed has zero to do with metabolic processes, but everything to do with tapping the speed force. He expends way more energy than he can eat at super speed.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
More like why dont the insane G forces from such acceleration doesnt rip them apart. You just gotta turn off the logical part of your brain bro.
Already established, the Flash has a force field that gets more powerful the faster he runs. It also extends to people that he might carry at super speed.

Have any of you read the comics?

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
Their running at the speeds they do are a complete fiction. At a certain speed, it becomes much more efficient to bound than it does to run, and we're talking less than 100 kph, like a cheetah. Running works well for slow speeds, but there's a lot of upward force that speedsters completely disregard. Hulk gets it right. He simply jumps everywhere.

There's a scene in Quicksilver's house where they show he's very well stocked up on cupcakes and twinkies, and they showed him eating in almost every scene he's in. I'm assuming that's the insinuation that he has a hyper metabolism, but again, a hyper metabolism wouldn't do shit about the fact that running at the speeds he does is super inefficient.

Then there's air resistance. Moving as fast as he does, he should create a sonic boom every time he does it, but in the movie there's only one scene I can think of that correctly portrays that. And his clothes should get shredded each time as well. But, you know, comics. They're modern fantasy, not science fiction.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So don't ask for details that would get a Star Trek Insurrection reference in an explanation. We don't want to go there.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It's a confuddled mix of them moving fast and them actually slowing time. Kind of interesting though, if that's how QS is when he's moving fast, imagine how long it would feel for him to run across the country. He'd be normal speed jogging for the mental equivalent of weeks, but it would take place in a matter of seconds.
Yeah imagine how that would feel for this imaginary character who doesn't exist.

spronk

FPS noob
if quicksilver was eating out emma frost wouldn't his tongue make her pussy catch on fire

i was disappointed frost wasn't in this movie, betty white was fine as fuck as frozen

emma-frost-january-jones-x-men-first-class-1.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just want to point out that there technically isn't a "Captain Redundancy" in any branch of military the world over. It's just a clever nick name.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
How do you guys think Charles feels when all the other Xmen are frolicking around and he's sitting there in a wheel chair? I bet he feels pretty bad.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
For the Flash, it's been explained his speed has zero to do with metabolic processes, but everything to do with tapping the speed force. He expends way more energy than he can eat at super speed.
Already established, the Flash has a force field that gets more powerful the faster he runs. It also extends to people that he might carry at super speed.

I'd say we are all lazy and didn't read the comics by the questions stayed above that you answered.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

No, but i watched pretty much all of the 90s animated series.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Dumb kid cartoon watchers don't need to know all of the science behind why something does something. They just accept it at face value.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They would need to have the ability to perceive time elapsing that slowly, such as in the Quicksilver scene, but since that likely does result in the metabolism and energy usage spiking significantly higher they don't always use it. Because if they always existed in slow motion it would be a huge pain in the ass simply to speak to other people. Not to mention how any type of entertainment would be insanely boring waiting for a TV show to go frame to frame or a video game response on screen.
Now you know why quicksilver is douche. This is the exact reason the comics give. I think he says something like imagine waiting in line at the bank and having the line not move for hours. That's his life

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, but i watched pretty much all of the 90s animated series.
It was an 00s animated series.

Don't bitch about why Flash's clothes and skin don't burn off, or why he isn't overcome with lactic acid. All of that was explained in the comics. Mind you, they are all pseudo scientific explanations, but nonethless, explanations that fit comics. His skin and clothes don't burn off because he has an invisible force field, that gets more powerful the faster he runs.