Xbox Megathread

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It let you do it with a pre-existing? I thought it could only be done with using that $1 conversion on new or lapsed accounts. If so, I'm about to top off the sub.
See my post above. Existing accounts get 51 days of Ultimate from a 3 month XBL code. The price has gone back up to normal, but it's still way cheaper than buying Ultimate directly.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It let you do it with a pre-existing? I thought it could only be done with using that $1 conversion on new or lapsed accounts. If so, I'm about to top off the sub.
Yep

3 month card only gets you 2 months though but still mucccccch cheaper than after September. $110 got me almost 2 years

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
ultimate gives you access to all the xCloud games which is bigger than just pc gamepass games but i dunno how much you really want to play games on the cloud and how well it works in your internet/display situation

nowadays almost every new game releases on all three - xbox, PC, and xcloud - with very few exceptions so if you only have a pc and don't care about cloud pc gamepass is decent enough.
don't forget too Microsoft Rewards is a great way to get a lot of months, i just auto redeem 10500 points every month for 1 month ultimate and minimal effort earns me ~20k points/month

Vorph

I find it a bit disturbing that the reason there's no Xbox version of Baldur's Gate 3 coming anytime soon isn't because of some backdoor deal Sony made with Larian, but because of the existence of the Series S. I wondered back when the consoles were new if MS' "parity" requirements wouldn't come back to bite them in the ass, since essentially getting a game to run on Series S isn't a whole lot different from getting it onto X1X (with less RAM) which is a problem because studios drop last gen support within a year or two of a new one. And now here we are...

Apparently Larian is solving the problem by removing split screen coop on Series S, but the game is still months away on Xbox.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

ultimate gives you access to all the xCloud games which is bigger than just pc gamepass games but i dunno how much you really want to play games on the cloud and how well it works in your internet/display situation
Biggest problem I have with xCloud is that you're playing the console version of the game. So keyboard/mouse controls are spotty at best, and completely absent in many cases. IMO it's basically useless except to try out a game you're iffy about without having to waste bandwidth on a full install. If I like the game, downloading it is the only option to actually play it.

GeForce Now finally having Game Pass support is huge though (for people who already subbed to it, anyway). Nvidia streams PC Game Pass titles, and they play just like you'd expect PC games to. Sadly, the selection of games is extremely small for now.

Last edited:

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Sorry I'm new to this thread. What is the thing about xbox gold card and the new xbox live membership before September?

Vorph

Sorry I'm new to this thread. What is the thing about xbox gold card and the new xbox live membership before September?
If you have Game Pass Ultimate you can buy Xbox Live Gold 3 month membership codes and convert them into 51 days of Ultimate. This is much cheaper than buying actual Game Pass membership codes or subbing to it monthly straight from MS.

In mid-Sept, Xbox Live Gold is going away for good, so the cheaper codes will cease to exist. "Cheap" Game Pass codes are about $10 a month right now. XBLG codes work out to less than $4.50 a month depending on the current price (right now it's $6.82 + Paypal service fee which is around $0.60 or so if you buy several codes at once from Eneba).

If you don't have Game Pass at all currently, I don't recall the exact process but you can get a trial of Game Pass and use it to convert XBL Gold time at a ratio of 3 months = 2 months, so it's even cheaper that way. Used to be 1:1 but MS put an end to that a while back.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I feel like I tried that years ago and you get shit points unless you're actually using an Xbox.

Definitely helps to have an actual Xbox doing that portion of the points. They do have points with the Xbox app now, too. So Xbox, online and app.

It's all relative whether it's worth it, of course. Used to be like $300 a year which was plenty to fuely gaming habits, but it has been going down. I still do it and auto redeem my monthly game pass. That and the retarded ambassador program that gives a free month every quarter.

Have like $700 banked between two accounts. I'm thinking of using one to buy an Xbox just to resell to get cash out of the system because I ran out of random hardware to buy. So I still bother with the program, but I'm cheap and poor so just buying cheap codes is probably preferable for most people.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
If you have Game Pass Ultimate you can buy Xbox Live Gold 3 month membership codes and convert them into 51 days of Ultimate. This is much cheaper than buying actual Game Pass membership codes or subbing to it monthly straight from MS.

In mid-Sept, Xbox Live Gold is going away for good, so the cheaper codes will cease to exist. "Cheap" Game Pass codes are about $10 a month right now. XBLG codes work out to less than $4.50 a month depending on the current price (right now it's $6.82 + Paypal service fee which is around $0.60 or so if you buy several codes at once from Eneba).

If you don't have Game Pass at all currently, I don't recall the exact process but you can get a trial of Game Pass and use it to convert XBL Gold time at a ratio of 3 months = 2 months, so it's even cheaper that way. Used to be 1:1 but MS put an end to that a while back.

Thank you for your awnser! What about 12 months cards?

Vorph

Thank you for your awnser! What about 12 months cards?
Haven't bought one of those since when I was doing my first 3 year conversion for GPU, and that was like 5 years ago. I don't think they actually make 12 month codes anymore, so there's no competition constantly undercutting each other to drive the price down like with 3 month ones. 12 months codes cost waaaaaaay more than 4x as much.

That said, I would assume they convert to 204 days of GPU.

Vorph

That's about the laziest "dynamic" background I've seen so far.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

joz123

Potato del Grande
Microsoft thinks they can "acquire" Nintendo?

Pee Wee Lol GIF

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Any way to stop the controller from disconnecting constantly? Only had the system about a week or more and this is really annoying. The firmware is up to date.