Xbox Megathread

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
i ended up getting the d4 edition for $360 through the sale on xbox.com with the 20% sale on gift cards at dollar general plus $15 in ms rewards points.

awesome star trek GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crisco

A greasy jar
Figured this thread was as good as any.

Looking for games on xbox that arent shooters to play. Big fan of metroidvania type games but anything wheree there isnt a gun floating in front of me ill give a try.

Dont like review websites etc and figured get some honestly good game recommendations here.

joz123

Potato del Grande

Looking for games on xbox that arent shooters to play. Big fan of metroidvania type games but anything wheree there isnt a gun floating in front of me ill give a try.

Dont like review websites etc and figured get some honestly good game recommendations here.
Hollow Knight, Bloodstained, Blasphemous, Psychonaut 2, Guacamelee.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

You played Hades? PalWorld is also 100+ hours of fun.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

There are some good non-shooter games included with Game Pass if you've got it. Left out bigger named games since they're easy to find and probably already heard of them.

Frost Punk - top down rts builder (?) that can actually get difficult and have choices that matter.

Gears of War Tactics - turn based maps. Never really played the gears of war series but really liked this game. Story was actually decent.

Hollow Knight - fun platformer. Good style. Haven't played much but decent challenge and fun combat.

Lies of P - not played yet, but on my list and looks good. Souls like RPG.

Loop Hero - a little janky and basic, but built in challenge and interesting for 15 - 20 hours. Interesting concept, it's auto combat where you sorta build a game board based on cards.

Ori 1 and 2 - very atmospheric platformer.

Shadowrun trio - old games and a bit buggy, but I enjoyed the story and turn based strategy combat. Cyberpunk style theme/world.

State of decay 2 - third person zombie survival game. Combat a bit janky until you get used to it. Decent fort building and I found it fun and a good occasional oh shit sort of game.

TMNT Shredder's Revenge - arcade scroller. Much nostalgia and pretty fun, responsive combat. Story is as thin as you'd want just to set up levels.

Bards Tale - the original of the trio is fun, old school gaming, but never had an urge to play beyond the first of the old as games. The remastered arpg is still fun and hilarious, though a bit dated. Newest one is on my list to play.

Torment Tides of Numeria - classic RPG in the Planescape vein. Bought it and now on Game Pass but haven't gotten to it for more than a little bit. Looks good and scratches that old school itch though.

Vampire Survivors - good, dumb fun that is simple, but fun progression and can get challenging and complicated the more you learn the mechanics.

Wreckfest - online sucks due to lag they never smoothed out, but demolition racing is still fun for the single player campaign. The racing is decent and damage me hanics actually pretty good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
In response to numerous rumors of exclusive franchises being made available on Playstation, Microsoft has finally responded with the following:

1707164538663.png

spronk

FPS noob
interesting times for xbox/microsoft, after buying activision gaming is not something they are just gonna walk away from like google did

i could see in the far future they basically want to be the netflix of gaming, you pay for gamepass and play everywhere and anywhere and are device agnostic. gamepass on PS6, gamepass on nintendo switch 2, gamepass on steam, gamepass on TVs, yadda yadda. they provide the software, everyone else provides the hardware. worked for windows.

I don't think Sony or Nintendo or Valve have any interest at all in partnering with them though, and the netflix model of "lets just get so big that they have no choice" has faltered with gamepass. Its still huge in terms of subs but its not really growing fast anymore, and they must be pouring billions into buying monthly licenses. At some point they will have to rebalance how much they spend vs how much they bring in and just like netflix sucks balls now, i could see gamepass turning into mostly shovelware too.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ya glad I got Steam and PlayStation

rip my gamerscore lol

1707179711852.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eh, wouldn't change a thing for me. Xbox hardware, OS, and backend is still miles better than Sony's shit designed and programmed by retards.

• 5Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fable already looked like one of Sony's IPs, so I guess it all makes sense now.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Xbox admitting defeat on the console battlefield and trying to declare victory on the Game Pass platform?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Or realizing it will be hard to fund game development just on PC and Xbox alone when 80% of the console target market is on other platforms. If they were leading in market share by a metric boatload this wouldn’t be happening I would imagine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
They are not exiting the hardware business. Yet. Starfield and Indiana Jones not coming to PS5. Diablo 4 on Gamepass next month.

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
all this for four games that they don't even name lol

that said I'm sure they are just testing the waters, you don't go through all this just to put four games and go "ok, bye"

spronk

FPS noob

tl;dr

new expensive ass console in development
handheld gamepass console in development
4 games coming to ps5/switch, sea of thieves, pentiment, hi fi rush, and grounded
diablo 4 coming to gamepass end of march
first party games will continue to be on gamepass (dunno about call of duty tho)

nothingburger really

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
eh they said nothing about a handheld gamepass console, phil literally said "nothing to announce"

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
They really should make a handheld console. With how well Switch and Steam Deck seem to do. Plus that stupid ps portal streaming thing seems to sell out.