Xbox Megathread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They own the Studios & IP's of gutted the husks of former glorious games.

It is the year 2023 and they essentially purchased the 2005 F1 car that won the Indy 500 that year. But they don't have the driver, the crews, and their car is 18 years old now compared to the competition.

But hey, I am sure Candy Crush will continue to print money for them.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I look at all those additions and all I can think is that even if they added every game those studios made to Game Pass today I wouldn't queue up a single one for DL.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Something about candy crush having more employees than bethesda is hilarious and makes complete sense

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Any way to stop the controller from disconnecting constantly? Only had the system about a week or more and this is really annoying. The firmware is up to date.

Like when idle or just generally? I ask becausey controller has been disconnecting quicker it seems recently when it's paused and I'm doing something else, so maybe a recent change. Otherwise you can try to pair the controller again. Have had to do that a few times with spotty/laggy connections. Can't remember how and Google was a bunch of useless shit in my low effort to look it up, but it's possible and has helped in the past.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
If the battery is low it will turn off after a couple minutes of inactivity, otherwise it'll stay on for 10-15 minutes iirc.

May be worth swapping the batteries and see if you notice a difference.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Any way to stop the controller from disconnecting constantly? Only had the system about a week or more and this is really annoying. The firmware is up to date.

Never heard of that issue, but a hard reset on the xbox and re-pairing has fixed a could of controller issues I've had

joz123

Potato del Grande
Never heard of that issue, but a hard reset on the xbox and re-pairing has fixed a could of controller issues I've had
Tried all that, still disconnects. Batteries not low and does it while just playing a game, not idle. Sometimes disconnects and reconnects within minutes of each other even. Gonna try playing with it plugged in the system.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
If the battery is low it will turn off after a couple minutes of inactivity, otherwise it'll stay on for 10-15 minutes iirc.

May be worth swapping the batteries and see if you notice a difference.

Hrm, good point. I think my rechargeable batteries are fading because even fresh the Xbox seems to think they're running low. Solved my problem I hope!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Tried all that, still disconnects. Batteries not low and does it while just playing a game, not idle. Sometimes disconnects and reconnects within minutes of each other even. Gonna try playing with it plugged in the system.

Might just be a dud. If still under warranty just do a claim. I had a sticky trigger on a new controller. They sent a new one, had me keep the old, and the trigger cleared up in a few weeks anyhow. Sales and customer service have always been pretty good.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Might just be a dud. If still under warranty just do a claim. I had a sticky trigger on a new controller. They sent a new one, had me keep the old, and the trigger cleared up in a few weeks anyhow. Sales and customer service have always been pretty good.
No issues since using it plugged in. Some ppl online said they were getting the same issues and it has to do with the wifi. Kinda makes sense now since my router is close to my Xbox. Never had trouble with the PS5 being near router though.

spronk

FPS noob
If you can, go to your router and change the wifi channel its using and maybe turn off wifi stuff you aren't using like guest channels, extra SSIDs, etc

you can try turning wifi off temporarily on your router and see if that fixes it, then you know its wifi related and nothing else.

every router is different but there is a config in wireless setup somewhere thats Channel, probably set to Auto. Set it to auto if its different, if its already auto maybe try one of the 11 or so that should be listed for wifi 5/6.

xbox controllers use Wifi direct I believe and some wifi router stuff can interfere, since its wifi direct its within just a few feet so probably not neighbors. While the newer controllers do support bluetooth I believe that only works with a PC, not against a console

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone have a clue why Xbox would fail to send audio from the line out jack on a KVM?

1. PS5 and Switch work fine and I get sound from the KVM line out.
2. Xbox does work if I plug the headphones into the back of the monitor instead (KVM is still connected in between).

Doesn't make any damn sense at all to me.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Thought I fixed the issue, started disconnecting again. Gonna just use it corded. Might be because the router is so close since I changed router channel, etc and still does it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This has probably already been said but installed Payday 3 yesterday and immediately uninstalled it. Never got into the menu. Fuck that 3rd party bullshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

i ended up getting the d4 edition for $360 through the sale on xbox.com with the 20% sale on gift cards at dollar general plus $15 in ms rewards points.

• 2Like