XCOM 2

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
Firaxis currently streaming Long War 2. Didn't catch the beginning of the stream, but it seems like the LW team pulled a fast one, and made a LW2?

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Firaxis currently streaming Long War 2. Didn't catch the beginning of the stream, but it seems like the LW team pulled a fast one, and made a LW2?
It certainly hasn't been a "fast" one. LW Studios release content at a snail's pace

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

IIRC they legitimately did not plan to work on LW2, and instead focus on their own game. I'm guessing they did not expect Firaxis to actually approach them about creating content for XCom 2. One thing probably led to another and bam, LW2.

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
IIRC they legitimately did not plan to work on LW2, and instead focus on their own game. I'm guessing they did not expect Firaxis to actually approach them about creating content for XCom 2. One thing probably led to another and bam, LW2.

Yeah, this, not sure why Conefed didn't pick up on what I meant.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, this, not sure why Conefed didn't pick up on what I meant.

Seems like a pretty safe bet that Firaxis paid them for their mod work, and that money will go towards the development of their own game, so LW2 is basically a no-brainer at that point.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Its pretty robust and overwhelming going in blind. I don't even know what I'm doing.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Same. Gonna clear out all my excess mods and then verify to make sure there aren't any remnants of conflicting stuff before starting fresh. Was missing icons for several abilities.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh baby robust and overwhelming are my dreams! Seriously I've been dying for this since X2 came out.

pamsploosh.jpg

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Looking forward to this being in humble monthly for February, never got around to picking it up.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The hardest thing for me by far has been adjusting to Long War grenades not destroying cover. In vanilla and modded vanilla I left almost every battlefield as a crater filled ruin.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The hardest thing for me by far has been adjusting to Long War grenades not destroying cover. In vanilla and modded vanilla I left almost every battlefield as a crater filled ruin.

I noticed this on the first map I played, this is a feature not a bug? If so that will really change how I play.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I noticed this on the first map I played, this is a feature not a bug? If so that will really change how I play.

It was in the previous Long War so I assume it's intended in this one too. If it's like the original alien grenades will probably destroy most cover in a single blast, but frags deal substantially less cover damage.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The infiltration mechanic is fucking brilliant. What an amazing way to twist the thumbscrews. Not only do you have to juggle multiple mission deployments, you have to try and find an optimum balance of how many people to send on each mission while still reaching as high an infiltration % as possible while still being a well balanced enough squad to handle the combat, AND you have to keep soldiers in reserve for emergencies.

Hot damn.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
So, I'm having trouble understanding when and when I cannot access the LW2 options. The first time I loaded it up (with zero other mods loaded, JIC), on the first turn of the prologue mission I was able to set the LW2 options like red fog etc.

Now, no matter what I do in a new campaign, I can't access that menu anymore. Is that a one-time thing or something? I don't understand why it wouldnt' be a per-campaign basis...