XCOM 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
So start a game with the Long War 2 button on the bottom left, pick difficulty/ironman. Once in game hit esc, go to Edit Options. There is like 8 sub categories. Long War 2, Campaign, etc tabs have what you're looking for.

I really hope that the infiltration mechanic stays fresh as it is right now. Getting to field a giant army is really great. I like the varied squad size decisions that different infiltration times make as well. It really lets you have a bit more of an army, and once you get a bunch of soldiers promoted, you can mix and match squads in very neat and clever ways that the base game never really gives you either the opportunity of the advantage of doing such a thing. The 9 new classes, and combinations of skills while familiar really do make it an entirely different game. And that's only playing against the shitty starting 5-6 mission enemies still. Ironman learning is a cruel mistress.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So start a game with the Long War 2 button on the bottom left, pick difficulty/ironman. Once in game hit esc, go to Edit Options. There is like 8 sub categories. Long War 2, Campaign, etc tabs have what you're looking for.

I really hope that the infiltration mechanic stays fresh as it is right now. Getting to field a giant army is really great. I like the varied squad size decisions that different infiltration times make as well. It really lets you have a bit more of an army, and once you get a bunch of soldiers promoted, you can mix and match squads in very neat and clever ways that the base game never really gives you either the opportunity of the advantage of doing such a thing. The 9 new classes, and combinations of skills while familiar really do make it an entirely different game. And that's only playing against the shitty starting 5-6 mission enemies still. Ironman learning is a cruel mistress.

Yep, I'm aware of where it's supposed to be, and as I said, I was able to change them my first time trying it out. But since then, that section of options has never shown up in future fresh campaigns. Not sure why.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Who wants a key? I have one extra from the humble bundle monthly.

If you see this it is still available.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I had already noticed a couple of things, like mission expiration timers showing up before you have to confirm infiltration squad, which seemed like an obvious UI oversight.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Ok, one question and/or gripe about LW2:

How in the world are you supposed to stock up on corpses? Already vanilla was obnoxious in that most missions were evac's, but I just had a haven defense mission, and recovered ZERO of the advent/viper corpses (before you ask, yes all but two of the corpses actually "dropped" and weren't blown up). What the fuck, mang? What missions are you allowed to keep corpses on, goddammit?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ok, one question and/or gripe about LW2:

How in the world are you supposed to stock up on corpses? Already vanilla was obnoxious in that most missions were evac's, but I just had a haven defense mission, and recovered ZERO of the advent/viper corpses (before you ask, yes all but two of the corpses actually "dropped" and weren't blown up). What the fuck, mang? What missions are you allowed to keep corpses on, goddammit?

Best I can say is later on when you have a murder crew that dominates with 30+ kills and zero wounds.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Best I can say is later on when you have a murder crew that dominates with 30+ kills and zero wounds.

That's not quite what I meant. Believe me, I already have a murder crew that dominated this latest mission that's got me puzzled.

Certain missions (in vanilla, it was all the evac missions), you don't take corpses with you as loot. Which makes sense, but gets annoying when 80%+ of the missions involve evac.

What I'm confused on, is why the fuckity fuck was I not allowed to keep all the corpses of the aliens/advent who ASSAULTED MY HAVEN BASE? There was no evac involved. In vanilla, for instance, any of those "go smash the advent facility" missions, you kept all corpses etc. because it wasn't evac/timer related, it was just ok you blew it up, now you win. Or something. Anyhoo.

TLDR: on what missions are you allowed to keep corpses? Especially relevant to LW2 mod.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Awesome thanks, good to know this is in progress. It's incorrect though. The mission I'm speaking of specifically above is an ADVENT Intel Raid, one of the ones they claim materiel can be kept on. So either it's wrong, or my mission bugged out.
Use explosives on any of the guys as the killing blow? That's the only thing else I could think that would screw up corpse retrieval besides bugs or other mods behaving badly.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Use explosives on any of the guys as the killing blow? That's the only thing else I could think that would screw up corpse retrieval besides bugs or other mods behaving badly.

Nope, as mentioned all but 1-2 corpses were actually dropped. Something like 15 aliens in total, so I should have come away with 13ish corpses, got zero. I'm guessing bug, because that type of mission does seem like it SHOULD be one of the few to allow materiel collection.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Nope, as mentioned all but 1-2 corpses were actually dropped. Something like 15 aliens in total, so I should have come away with 13ish corpses, got zero. I'm guessing bug, because that type of mission does seem like it SHOULD be one of the few to allow materiel collection.
Looks like they have a bug report forum that you can try glancing over to see if anyone had the same issue:

Long War 2: Bug Reports - Pavonis Interactive Forums

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well, now that LW2 is officially a thing, and will continue to be a thing all through when Firaxis finally announces whatever expansion they're working on (TFtD?), and this shit will consume my life for a year or more... I'm going to create voice packs for my char pool!

Currently the plan is (already have chars for these):
Futurama (some guy has a few out there, they're decent, I want better)
Archer
Rick and Morty
Sunny in Philly
South Park (if I get to it, last priority)

Probably a big project, but I'm outsourcing the actual snipping of clips to my sister who's in need of extra income, so hey! If anyone's interested in any of this crap, let me know, and I'll share it when it's done.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hard to believe it's been a year.

SalXa4D.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users