XCOM Chimera Squad

Raes

Vyemm Raider
New Xcom game drops in 10 days. What the actual fuck?! So pumped for this.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't go to all that trouble of fighting off the aliens to team up with the dregs that got left behind when the ethereals fled.

2K can't be trusted.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Considering how this came up out of no where, I am going to pull a few assumptions out of my ass. Since this is a spin off game and not a main line title, it leads me to believe a couple of things.

- They had this in production for a while, but out of respect for Julian Gollop, they let Phoenix Point have 6 months with no competition on the market. Thus a last minute announcement.
- They want XCOM on people's minds again. There was a 3 year window between Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2, and we are right about that point again. I was hoping for an announcement of an XCOM 3 or Terror From the Deep, but this may just be the warmup for that announcement later in the year.
- As an addition to the above bullet point, they may be doing some ground laying for the next main title. Having an integrated alien/human force may very well be a thing in a TFTD Remake, with the enemy in that game being a natural enemy to the aliens enthralled to the Ethereals of XCOM: EU and XCOM 2.
- And finally, I am going to assume that once you beat this, we will get a teaser for the next main title.

• 2Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Considering how this came up out of no where, I am going to pull a few assumptions out of my ass. Since this is a spin off game and not a main line title, it leads me to believe a couple of things.

- They had this in production for a while, but out of respect for Julian Gollop, they let Phoenix Point have 6 months with no competition on the market. Thus a last minute announcement.
- They want XCOM on people's minds again. There was a 3 year window between Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2, and we are right about that point again. I was hoping for an announcement of an XCOM 3 or Terror From the Deep, but this may just be the warmup for that announcement later in the year.
- As an addition to the above bullet point, they may be doing some ground laying for the next main title. Having an integrated alien/human force may very well be a thing in a TFTD Remake, with the enemy in that game being a natural enemy to the aliens enthralled to the Ethereals of XCOM: EU and XCOM 2.
- And finally, I am going to assume that once you beat this, we will get a teaser for the next main title.

Missed one:

-Drops 4 days before Gears Tactics.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

God knows any competition would have crushed PP's shaky ass release.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Looks... bad.

Also very aptly named, as I got a Diversity Squad feel from it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like you zoomers are just too young to remember Apocalypse.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
If this was XCOM 3 I'd be way more critical, but it seems like it's just a fun little side project and for 10 bucks? Pfft, back in the day I'd spend more than that at the arcade.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, for $10 I’m good with considering this a stand-alone DLC that I won’t lose any sleep over if I don’t play it more than a couple hours (as evidenced by my vast Steam library full of never played sales purchases...).

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like I could get $10 of fun out of it for sure. The premise is silly but could open up some fun abilities and combos I suppose.

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bros, slippery slope. Oh you like this art style? You like diversity and being woke? By god man, cram all that in XCOM 3 they will love it! Add more trannys!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Rimshot

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Bros, slippy slope. Oh you like this art style? You like diversity and being woke? By god man, cram all that in XCOM 3 they will love it! Add more trannys!

Can you not customize like the old ones so you can have all blue eyed, blonde haired, white males like god intended?

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
You watch, history will prove me correct in time. You think all of the people making this game will have zero to do with XCOM 3?

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You watch, history will prove me correct in time.

It’s possible but what from those trailers made you think woke? I usually pick that up quick but didn’t catch it from these. The only thing I saw was women? But they’re in the old games too, and it’s not an agenda, there’s just women existing. Can make all kinds of crazy hair colors too if you want, but the hair dye didn’t have an agenda.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It’s possible but what from those trailers made you think woke? I usually pick that up quick but didn’t catch it from these. The only thing I saw was women? But they’re in the old games too, and it’s not an agenda, there’s just women existing. Can make all kinds of crazy hair colors too if you want, but the hair dye didn’t have an agenda.

We also used Skirmishers in War of the Chosen, Meld in Enemy Within, and Hybrids in Apocalypse.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider

Has all the checkboxes:

Lazy hipster stylized art
"Strong" black woman A featured prominently with stereotypical hair
White dike
Alien "male" used in place of human male
Cringy dialog seemingly in the middle of a fire fight - reminds me of ME Andromeda
White male religated to non speaking role in background

And that's just the trailer. Granted I skipped around some in the gameplay trailer given what looks like the squad loadout was all these same characters and they did not mention any kind of character customization....

This is going to be bad.

• 2Like