Cybsled

I can just imagine you guys back in the 80s with the same attitudes

"Samus is a woman? WTF IS THIS WOKE SHIT???"

• 4Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You guys are tilting at windmills as hard as any SJW diversity brigadier.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, those trailers are like at least 40% woke.

• 3Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I couldn't be more anti-woke if they paid me, but I give zero fucks about the "story" or the characters in this game. All I care about is fun TBS gameplay. Getting this and Gears Tactics in the same week? It's like Xmas. Only thing that would make it better is them giving us even the tiniest bit of info on Xcom 3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I can just imagine you guys back in the 80s with the same attitudes

"Samus is a woman? WTF IS THIS WOKE SHIT???"
Samus wasnt written as a woman specifically to score woke points and fill diversity quotas.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Samus wasnt written as a woman specifically to score woke points and fill diversity quotas.

first, how do you know she wasn't? and second, how do you know these characters are?

you're attributing motive that suits your worldview, which is EXACTLY what you are railing against.

the problem that most of us have with "diversity" is that it focuses on superficial aspects. the reason why people get upset about things like all girl ghostbusters ISN'T because it's a good movie that features women as main characters. it's because the characters are cheap, flimsy and stand on the shoulders of brilliance while trying to take the credit. when we saw idris elba was portraying a NORSE god, we chuckled and scratched our heads, but that dude is an amazing actor and he owned that role.

complaining about a trailer for depicting "diversity" is premature at best. if the game comes out and we play it and the characters are one-note and focus on how great they are at the cost of others, then you have a strong argument, but the trailers don't show ANY of that.

it gets said a lot, but people REALLY have PTSD towards feminism here.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not getting a real Xcom vibe from this. No base or campaign management? No research trees? I have like a thousand hours between Xcom 1 2 and the expansions but IDK what this is exactly.

XCOM: Police isn't being made for someone like me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Not getting a real Xcom vibe from this. No base or campaign management? No research trees? I have like a thousand hours between Xcom 1 2 and the expansions but IDK what this is exactly.

XCOM: Police isn't being made for someone like me.

The XCOP HQ is your base. And there's research and stuff. And the city has an unrest meter or whatever, just like the doomsday clock in 2. Odd goes through the video and pauses it at various places to talk about various features you can see.

If it's better than Phoenix Point I'll enjoy it just fine. PP had some cool ideas, and was ok-ish for a kickstarted game, but was overall pretty meh.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm not a fan of the art style of the promo material and some of the new alien looks. That team shot looks like fan art, too. I suppose in game it uses Xcom 2 assets so it isn't that bad while playing, but between this and Gears Tactics I am leaning heavily towards the latter.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
wtf is this

giphy.gif

• 1Like

j00t

Because it was 19 Eighty Fucking 6 that's why.

i mean, that's irrelevant. agendas are everywhere. but my point was that you can't know WHY they did it outside of why they told you they did it. we can make some assumptions (which probably was more about sexualizing samus than anything) but we're all just attributing motive based less and less on fact and more and more on feels.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
i mean, that's irrelevant. agendas are everywhere. but my point was that you can't know WHY they did it outside of why they told you they did it. we can make some assumptions (which probably was more about sexualizing samus than anything) but we're all just attributing motive based less and less on fact and more and more on feels.

Or it didn't matter and they wanted to try something different. No one had an issue with it because it was a new IP/new character and at the time was a fun twist (If I had to guess).

People also don't have problems with strong female protag's that are written well - for example, Aloy in HZD, or Jade in Beyond Good and Evil.

What gets over the top retarded is when something like Wolfenstein Youngblood happens. Or the message of the game itself is a complete liberal slanted shit heap which is more concerned about sending a message than creating a good story centered around a female protagonist.

j00t

right that was exactly my point earlier. wonder woman wasn't a perfect film, but it didn't actively put down one group of people in order to make wonder woman look good. sarah conner in t1 and t2 was a strong, multi-dimensional character that had large strengths and even larger flaws and was able to overcome those flaws for the greater good.

people don't have any kind of problem with those kinds of characters regardless of gender, sexuality, race or creed. the issue is specifically that sjw created characters define themselves SPECIFICALLY at the expense of others. those aren't heroic characters. they're not interesting, they're not sympathetic.

Cybsled

Youngblood’s issue wasn’t that it had two (three) female leads. It’s issue is the game wasn’t that great. Bullet sponge enemies, 1980s looks same as 1960s, the characters themselves were like Beavis and Butthead but not in a good way.

This game looks like an Xcom2 mod, which is fine if it has some depth and honestly I’d like to see some post xcom2 lore if done well and combined with some fun gameplay.