Your games of the year!

Szlia

Played Undertale and that game is consistently clever both in writing and game design. I am not sure I have the patience to try to go through the different endings, but I had a good dose of entertainment even when doing a middle of the road play through with a kinda lame ending. I can understand people not enjoying the game at all though, be it because of the low-fi visuals or the almost constant 'lame on purpose but not really' humor.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I would not think of Undertale so highly if it weren't for the different playthroughs. You should definitely do all of them.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does Cock Hero 33 count?

Thread is not in SS so I cannot provide a link :p
rrr_img_120844.jpg

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
1. Darkest Dungeon
2. Don't Starve Together
3. The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians
4. Pillars of Eternity
5. Invisible Inc.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
I don't have a GOTY, nothing satisfied me enough to give it that accolade. Witcher 3 maybe because of its great story and overall ambition, but it was still a deeply flawed game that felt like a chore at times (i had more fun playing Witcher 2 for example). Thought that Fallout 4 would have been an easy GOTY for me till i decided to finish the main story $%^#.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
1. Fallout 4. Love the open world. I spend hours wandering around discovering stuff and do barely any questing.
2. Bloodborne. I didn't enjoy it as much as Dark/Demon's Souls but it was still a great game. I actually found it harder than the Souls games because the playstlye was different than my usual more cautious approach. This is the game I watch most on Twitch.
3. Witcher 3. Loved some quests but found combat pretty boring. If the fighting had been more engaging would have been an easy #1.
3 - Tie. Darkest Dungeon. For a few months my complete obsession. Love the atmosphere and audio.
4. Battlefront. Easy, fun, couch coop with my kid and easy, short, amusing pvp with little or no time investment required. The fast food of FPS games.

I wasn't actually that thrilled with many other games this year. People loved Pillars but I just found it somewhat derivative. I despised the inventory management in that game and found the main quest boring. The side-quests and combat made up for a lot of it but just can't be in my top 5.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Didn't play much this year on account of my wife popping out a baby...

But I got the most satisfaction from Telltale's Game of Thrones.

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
Many thanks for this thread and all the suggestions. Finally doing a PC upgrade (after 5+ years) that will allow me to play these kinds of games again.

So in a related note, are there any games from the last couple years (or a thread that I missed) that I should also grab that are in the GOTY category? For instance, would Skyrim fit this mold?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Many thanks for this thread and all the suggestions. Finally doing a PC upgrade (after 5+ years) that will allow me to play these kinds of games again.

So in a related note, are there any games from the last couple years (or a thread that I missed) that I should also grab that are in the GOTY category? For instance, would Skyrim fit this mold?

PC ONLY?

Skyrim
Fallout 4
GTA V
Witcher 3
Divinity original sin
Wasteland 2
Rocket League
Wolfenstein
Battlefield 4 and Planetside 2 if the rig is
Solid and you like FPS.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
All of my favorites are listed except for Until Dawn, which while people will claim isn't a game, was one of my best gaming experiences this year. Finally one of these movie/game experiences did it right, it's just excellent all around.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Witcher 3
Rainbow Six Siege
Arkham Knight (Really good game if you didn't have performance problems)

2015 was a pretty bad year for PC gaming all around. I ended up playing mostly 2014 games that I didn't finish. There were many more great ones that year.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Honestly the only 2015 game worth mentioning for me was a mobile game, Dungeon Boss. I'm not going to count expacs so SC2 is out. FO4 was decent but I couldn't get invested in the retarded characters and the helpless setting so I never finished it. Same problem I had with mad max, I just don't like post apocalyptic settings most of the time so I was blah going into it.

It was a shitty year for releases overall. I'm pretty sure everything else I enjoyed was alpha/beta/2014/expac/just a patch. Only new game I regret not playing was probably Witcher 3.

Szlia

Does 80 Days count for 2015? It was released on mobiles in 2014 but on steam in 2015. It's like the Tales of the Arabian Nights board game, but through the whole world, with a time limit and in a Jules Vernian XIXth century. It's both very simple and very deep and pretty crazy. Not a very 'gamey' game though, even if there are ton of choices to make.