Your games of the year!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
has to be MGS5 for me. i loved Witcher 3 also but i was completely drawn in while playing MGS5, and Witcher 3 i have yet to fully complete.

Szlia

I did not play many games this year. Mostly some decent/interesting indies, but nothing on GOTY level. Still need to play Undertale, Jotun and The Magic Circle.

For now I would say the best game I played this year is The Talos Principle and the best 2015 I played this year is a toss up between Bloodborne andEnvironmental Station Alpha(very good and surprisingly meaty metroidvania).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Gonna have to check out Darkest Dungeon thanks to you mooks.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The Talos Principle
Can you tell me more about this game? I saw it for the first time today and had never heard of it before a quick google says it got amazing reviews but very little about the gameplay etc..

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Can you tell me more about this game? I saw it for the first time today and had never heard of it before a quick google says it got amazing reviews but very little about the gameplay etc..
Its a puzzle game. Story is really good. Dont want to spoil anything for you story wise. Youre a robot, its the future and you need to solve puzzles to figure out what you are and what happened to your makers.

Sulrn

Deuces
This Year for me:

Hours Played:
Dota 2 // CoH 2

Released and Purchased This Year Top 4(expecting Witcher 3 to take #1):
Age of Decadence
MGS5
FO4
BroForce

Resulted In Most Post-session sexual encounters with the GF:
TellTales AGoT (Mulled Wine)
BroForce (Battle Shots)
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare [Deadliest Warrior] (Fight Night pre-gaming)

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Witcher 3: Once the DLC's are done and I pick this up again, with all the QOL changes such as inventory and storage this game should be a must play for a long time for anyone.

Rocket League: I just hit gold 1 in 2's, 3's and solo 3's by just solo queuing. This is an amazing competitive game with a 5 minute clock time, a ridiculous skill ceiling, plays with a gamepad, encompasses soccer/hockey sports theory. Game is beast. If you ever wanted a pick up and play a hyper competitive game and didn't have time like dota/league/cs:go ranked this is the one.

Fallout 4: I'm a Bethesda open world game homer. I look past all flaws and just play the shit out of them.

I had a lot of fun with:
Rebel Galaxy
Massive Chalice
MH4U (New 3ds)
Pillars of Eternity

Szlia

Hodj said it all. I would just add that the puzzles are pretty clever and that there are several endings. The super secret and hard to get ending is one of the narratively most satisfying thing I ever encountered in a game. The problem is that it is very hard to get without using spoilers. I seriously encourage people who did not get this ending to use spoilers if need be. The DLC has significantly harder puzzles and is very interesting in its content and in the way it connects to the main game, but its ending is less of an epiphany/climax.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I can't think of anything exceptional. SC2:LotV was 1/3rd of what SC2 original release should have been, so I don't want to count it separately as a game. It was good, but basically 4 years late and extra money to boot. FO4 is probably the most successful game that I played, but I still struggle to find the desire to continue playing the game at times and have yet to finish it. Rebel Galaxy is very similar in that respect. The rest of the games I've played aren't from this year and I think I've missed most of the otehrs listed here. I'm starting to feel like that Southpark episode where Stan sees everything as shit.

Nendyen_sl

shitlord
I've only played three games this year that came out this year. Two of them were in Early Access for a long-ish time.

1. Prison Architect
2. Eastside Hockey Manager 2015 (formerly Eastside Early Access)
3. Warhammer: End Times Vermintide

Shadow of Mordor and Grim Dawn probably got the most gaming out of me this year though.

Caliane

i have no idea what came out this year. Plus am way behind on several contenders.
FO4 is not perfect. but is sure eating up my playtime like crazy. 126hours says steam, and not bored at all yet. so thats something.
Divinity was last year. EE is nice, but not massive enough to make me note it for GOTY twice.
Pillers was too buggy, and never finished. Witcher3, also got bored with. Like the skyrim/FO3/4 style sandbox way way more. MY story, MY char, and go explore shit.

Friends are still raving about rocket league, and undertale.

checking my steam list to try and remember what I played this year...
..when did I buy antichamber?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't think I'll ever understand what the appeal of Undertale is.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I don't get it at all. I've had numerous friends masturbating about how amazing that game is. They start describing it to me and other than the cost, I'm like.."That doesn't sound that great..".

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, I don't get it at all. I've had numerous friends masturbating about how amazing that game is. They start describing it to me and other than the cost, I'm like.."That doesn't sound that great..".
If you like JRPGs in any capacity, you'll like Undertale, especially if you enjoy the Mario & Luigi RPG series. But if you're still not sure, you can download the demo off the Undertale website which includes the first major area of the game.