Your Own Photography

Drek_sl

shitlord
Albuquerque Balloon Festival 2011

TAEA2GJ.jpg
:bowdown:, great shot!!

P8P_sl

shitlord
Some from Spain...Barcelona and Madrid...

Zpmlavl.jpg

don't remember it this grainy, but whatever
QuqFqCu.jpg

663NWUr.jpg

just before the death blow
SMQyNlp.jpg

dKdJfxn.jpg

7jHYQ0T.jpg

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So I have been teaching myself about portrait/boudoir photography and have decided to pick up some equipment to dabble in that area a bit. I am trying to put together some home studio stuff on a budget as I am not sure how far I will take this. I am putting together some backdrops on the cheap, have a decent set of light reflectors on the way and have tracked down a decent 50mm to use.

The last thing I need is a strobe and I am looking for a recommendation. I need something that can be used off camera with a softbox and I would prefer wireless (I am willing to used something wired if the wireless drives up the price to much). Since this project may not go much further beyond my wife and a couple of close friends I don't want to spend a ton of money on it. I know nothing about strobes other than that my camera has a built in pop up one that I use every once in a while, so any advice on picking one out will be extremely helpful.
wink.png

Camera I will be using is a 50D but also have access to a 5D Mark II that I may borrow as well.

Subotai

Thief, Archer
Gotta love the lightning shots! Was lucky enough to catch this one last Monsoon:

wazRWHC.jpg

Moonrise over downtown Tucson:

rV4TNAh.jpg

Subotai

Thief, Archer
Really like that church shot a lot. Was that pink lighting natural or shopped in? Been wanting to shoot some churches downtown, and would be to get anything HALF as good as this.

Drek_sl

shitlord
Ill post the rest when I get home, that's inside of our Parliament building
smile.png

Edit: pink light is natural (not shopped in)

8401575306_f19b797cd2_b.jpg

8401576240_0b9014a958_b.jpg

8401577732_55cff51c9e_b.jpg

Drek_sl

shitlord
That place is awesome, where is it?

Your image is kind of large! Try sizing it down a bit so we can see it all without having to scroll through it!

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
ahhh sorry about the size! i didn't realize it would be so big.

That photo was taken on the eastern end of Long Island at Wildwood State Park. Long Island might have a lot of guidos, but it's also full of amazing parks, especially on the north shore.