Your Own Photography

Moonball

Lord Nagafen Raider
Interested in the cameras you guys are using. Would you mind posting camera for some of your great shots? I'm loving them all. Looking for aDSLRand wondering about full size sensor like D600 and EOS 5 vs. something like a Rebel T3i or T4i.

Neph_sl

shitlord
If this is your firstDSLR, I'd go with a crop sensor over a full size sensor. Spend the money on lenses once you get familiar with the controls. I shoot on a T2i that I've had for 2 years now. My go to lens is an EF 24mm f/2.8, which translates to a 38.4mm focal length.

rrr_img_13380.jpg
rrr_img_13379.jpg

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Interested in the cameras you guys are using. Would you mind posting camera for some of your great shots? I'm loving them all. Looking for aDSLRand wondering about full size sensor like D600 and EOS 5 vs. something like a Rebel T3i or T4i.
If you're comfortable with spending the money, definitely get a full frame. The low light performance and IQ when properly used with good lenses will blow a Rebel out of the water. You can probably buy a refurbished 5D pretty cheap these days. I'd take that over an entry level $400-600DSLRlike a T4i any day of the week. Rebels are great for controlled settings or perfect light, but as you can see in the picture above, once they hit night time or shitty light, say goodbye to IQ and you end up with iPhone pictures.

Of course photography is more than just equipment.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Crop sensor vs full frame really is about what kind of photography you plan on shooting as they will each accel in different types of shooting situations. Google "crop frame vs full frame" and have fun reading about 10,000 different articles and opinions on the matter.
wink.png

Drek_sl

shitlord
I'm shooting with a D7000 and I love it, the next upgrade is going to most definitely by a D800. I love stills, if I was doing video I would consider Canon
smile.png

Do research before making a purchase. Nikon recently released a D5200 (iircc) and it is an AMAZING camera and a fraction of a D600

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikon-d5200
vs
http://www.dpreview.com/products/nikon/slrs/nikon_d600

P8P_sl

shitlord
I can really appreciate all your photos...I'm not really into photography, only because I can't dedicate the time and money for the proper equipment (all the pictures I post are from a simple pocket-fitting Lumix, Panasonic DMC-FH25), you can probably tell due to my relative crappy quality pics. I'll keep posting though as long as you guys aren't bothered by that...Looking forward to more of your pics.

Here are a few from around Portugal...

In Lisbon
v1oY8QR.jpg

QP4ODUd.jpg

In Cascais
YoqFWDv.jpg

Same spot as the one above but a little to the right (next morning during heavy fog)...i dunno...i like it
aljf77K.jpg

In Obidos
9SsTP5o.jpg

g5icn1g.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well, even if you don't have the best equipment, you definitely do have a good eye for shots. I really dig the foggy one and the hole in the wall.

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
Thanks. I live on Long Island and this is a beach on the north shore. Took a ride on my bike down there after hurricane sandy and this guy was going up and down the coastline.

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
Thanks. I live on Long Island and this is a beach on the north shore. Took a ride on my bike down there after hurricane sandy and this guy was going up and down the coastline

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just got my brand new T4I today and took quick around the house shots. If it is not obvious I am a novice and these are generally crappy.
smile.png
I welcome advice as I learn to take better shots.

Taken with t4i and EFS 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens.
Opened with Lightroom 4 although I didn't do any post processing yet as I am just having fun messing around. The pictures are much bigger in Lightroom but they have to be reduced to be posted to the forums. I haven't figured out how to keep the pictures large + high quality + low file size yet.

Feel free to criticize and/offer advice.

rrr_img_15254.jpg
rrr_img_15255.jpg
rrr_img_15256.jpg

Edit: I think one thing I need to do is look into getting a tripod!