Your Own Photography

Drek_sl

shitlord
10893008663_256e5aed89_b.jpg

Subotai

Thief, Archer
Jr Pee Wee football city championship game. Both teams undefeated going in. Ultimately, the Falcons won 20-14.

de68ue.jpg

11vgnxz.jpg

552wep.jpg

5eeuwx.jpg

105bs43.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Nice shots, particularly the second one. The expressions on the boy's faces are great. What camera/lens did you use and did you have a tripod?

Subotai

Thief, Archer
Thanks! I normally shoot sports with a Canon 7D, with a 70-300L lens. I didn't use a tripod during the game, since I was moving around quite a bit on the sidelines.

Biba

Molten Core Raider
Would be really helpful to know the gear of you guys
smile.png
. Iam usin a Eos 1000D since 3 years but it sucks in dark rooms etc. So Iam lookin for a camera with a better ISO usage. Thinkin about fullframe (6D,5DIII) or a 70D.

Drek_sl

shitlord
Hi Biba, if you can get a FF I would recommend it. They are expensive but they are great in low light situations. I'm looking to pick up a D800E.

All of the shots you see from me have been taken with a D7000, I'm using a 24-70 2.8 and a 70-200 2.8 primarily now. The early shots in this thread could have been taken with 18-105 (kit lens) or 50 f1.8 (kit as well).

Cheers

Not sure how I feel about this one:

10951636224_80f9baf840_b.jpg

Biba

Molten Core Raider
Thx for response. As I did say my Canon EOS 1000D is really capped at ISO (1.600). I never used a Nikon, but heard great storys about the better chip etc. Your pictures are really sharp, maybe I should invest in other lenses first. But I guess 1.8 is for portrait good enough? Any pro's for Nikon against Canon war?
smile.png
Had the chance to get a used 6D for 1.300,-?...

Drek_sl

shitlord
My lowest aperture lens is 1.8 and its the 50 that came with my D7000. Canon and Nikon both make great cameras, I'm with Nikon because I was gifted a Nikon camera so I already had a few lenses.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Nikon vs Canon is more of a religious debate than it is anything related to which is actually better. I've owned both brands (use mostly Canon now, but all my film stuff was Nikon) and you can't go wrong either way.

As far as portrait lenses, the 50mm I use goes to 1.4 but I shoot mostly at 2.0-2.8. Obviously it will depend on where the lens is sharp, I think the 50mm I shoot is sharpest at 2.0. My goal with portraits is usually to have the eyes tack-sharp and the skin just blurred enough to make it soft so I adjust my depth-of-field accordingly.

Biba

Molten Core Raider
I guess you re right. Also I cant find a answer for myself at the momet. Tough decision a lot of money but its time to say goodbye to my 10 megapixels
smile.png
. The point with the lenses... I didnt really invest a lot of money, but I guess 50/85 1.8 are totally fine for portrait.
PS: A shot from Ireland. Awesome country, people, history etc.
rrr_img_50070.jpg

Biba

Molten Core Raider
For the 50&85 the best results are at 5.6, but 4 is nearly the same. So yes, you re right. :p

Subotai

Thief, Archer
Nikon vs Canon is more of a religious debate than it is anything related to which is actually better. I've owned both brands (use mostly Canon now, but all my film stuff was Nikon) and you can't go wrong either way.
The main thing for me is the lens investment. I mainly stick with Canon because I already have a LOT of lenses. If I were to move to Nikon, I'd need to get all new lenses for them (unless I used some kinda lens converter...)

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_50160.jpg

Something I snapped earlier this morning in a massive forest.
It's a plot I own of about 15 acres of pure elemental poetry.
So beautiful to hang out there in the early morning.
Disclaimer: I am not a professional photographer, this is probably obvious. I just thought this was a decent shot.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I KNOW this is a shitty pic. But I was asked to walk a co-worker to her car today. As we are walking I start laughing, and she asks me what is so funny. I asked her what would she do if she saw me coming at her from my car (The white Expo), just walking toward her, nothing more. She was honest as fuck, and said she would scream as loud as she could and say I was attacking her. They needs lights in this parking lot...