Reactions: 5 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
i grew up in a time where everyone shared floppies w/ each other

then we shared 3.5 floppies

then we shared 100m zip discs

then we shared cdr's

this is not piracy, this is sharing
you shared floppies? Surely only with other people who also purchased the game right? Right??

you monster

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Few days in with Brave. Going to keep it as my main browser.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I might have to give Brave a serious try as a daily driver. I have so much Microsoft stuff, I actually like having it all tied into an MS account, especially considering how often I reformat or switch machines. But this is pretty cool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

1698933913450.png

couldn't find a list but looks like australia's increase would be equal to $5usd

• 1Triggered

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Using Firefox with uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus, and NoScript and had gotten the "please turn off adblockers" for the last couple weeks, but just today started getting the "you have three strikes now"

Is there anything that's working for firefox? I don't want to switch browsers.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still using chrome with ublock origin on OSX and still working flawlessly, never a hiccup.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Starting to get the impression this is only being rolled out in certain regions, locally.

But I noticed the people reporting issues with Firefox in this thread are people who are also using things besides UBO. So that would be something to look into as well.

Leaning toward regional rollouts, but due to the fact each person with Firefox problems isn't just using UBO in this thread, I can't rule out some difference there.

Still 0 issues on Firefox with UBO here.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
of the 3 addons, i turned off AdBlock Plus but left the other two on (noscript is only set to filter out doubleclick.net) and that actually fixed it and made the warning go away while still blocking the ads.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Using Firefox with uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus, and NoScript and had gotten the "please turn off adblockers" for the last couple weeks, but just today started getting the "you have three strikes now"

scroll back and follow the directions for tamper monkey

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider

I use FireFox with uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger and I haven't had anything popup for YouTube at all.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

UBO and ABP probably interfere with each other since they mess with pages at the same level. Try running just one and clearing your google/youtube cookies or running an incognito browser.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
of the 3 addons, i turned off AdBlock Plus but left the other two on (noscript is only set to filter out doubleclick.net) and that actually fixed it and made the warning go away while still blocking the ads.

Good to hear Firefox is still working for you. Hopefully it ends up in a Twitch stalemate for awhile as they tighten the grip further.

In the end Twitch won-- but they poured a ton of dev time into it to get that victory.

YouTube engineers aren't free to make that number of changes at all really, and certainly not on the fly (I know employees over there and how many stages even the smallest things have to go through and haven't been pushed even once in several years after being announced). Twitch went through several changes to get where they are.

I think a adblock war ala Twitch is highly unlikely to occur. No way YouTube will tamper with how the streaming video itself is distributed.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
My fear is that they're going to ultimately start baking the ads right into the video when it is uploaded. xhamster does this already with their own quick ad.