2012 NFL Season

Sparko

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is someone actually trying to blame the Cowboys being terrible on injuries?
Yup.

I Guess Romo throwing the ball to the other team at the most inopportune time and their defense sucking more dick than a meth addicted hooker had nothing to do with it.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yup.

I Guess Romo throwing the ball to the other team at the most inopportune time and their defense sucking more dick than a meth addicted hooker had nothing to do with it.
Football fan logic dictates that there's no way Morris would have gotten so many yards if Lee and Carter hadn't been sent to the IR. Football fan logic also dictates that, with the aforementioned being true, Romo never would needed to make the pass that got intercepted, since they would have had a fairly comfortable lead at that point and could have just run the ball and time off the clock.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Maybe it's just me, but Ray Lewis seems like one of those real big football "stars" that trancends team and is a bit of a symbol for the game. One that there is a limited number of, and most are quarterbacks and white. Also he seems to take using his status and being a positive rolemodel fairly seriously. All thses things combined I think make him a very popular figure for a lot of fans and players who see something more relateable in him than many of the other "NFL Stars".
Fuck Ray Lewis. He makes the appropriate noises but he's a monster inside.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yup.

The defense was in the top 10 for the first 6 weeks when Sean Lee/Bruce Carter/Barry Church were healthy. Then those 3 and Ratliff are out, that's the middle of your defense, and then their backups got hurt too - they got gashed by every good running team for the rest of the season. So yeah, the 9 guys starting on defense picked up off the street were why the defense sucked.

Romo is Romo, he's going to make mistakes if he is continuously pressured - most teams can't do it, but the Skins figured it out. Maybe if he had an actual O-line or run game for the last 3 seasons, then the Redskins wouldn't be able to blitz him on every down for the whole game. It's either die/get sacked or take risks (and possibly throw INTs), because the whole game is on your shoulders when you have no O-line, run game, or defense.

Injuries, coaching, it all goes back to Jerry Jones. Sadly that will never change.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there any chance Dallas gets an OC? Garrett is fucking terrible at calling plays.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Maybe, Norv Turner would totally undermine Garrett though - he was his mentor while he was a backup QB for the Cowboys.

Just let Bill Callahan (whose had a bunch of top 10 offenses when he's coached) call plays during the game, it doesn't mean you have to stop being involved during the week.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The defense was in the top 10 for the first 6 weeks when ...*loud obnoxious buzzing*
I remember the first 6 weeks. Arizona and Chicago were surprise juggernauts. Seattle was mathematically eliminated. The Colts were rolling to a sub .500 season. Texans and Falcons were unbeatable. The Bengals were great, then fucking terrible. And the Chargers were better than expected.

Guess what, the rest of the season happened. For EVERY SINGLE TEAM.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Did they lose 6/11 of their starting defense and half of their back ups as well? I can understand how you don't think it is bad as some of us are telling you considering that Mash unit dry humped the rapist up and down the field when they played but acting like the Cowboys defense wasn't decimated by injuries is just being ignorant.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
It's a legitimate reason but haven't most of the guys you mentioned that were injured on the team prior to this season and the team has always been sub-par. I could be wrong because I kind of stopped following football a lot this season because it's not fun to watch anymore, but I know most of those names haven been on the team healthy for a while.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they lose 6/11 of their starting defense and half of their back ups as well? I can understand how you don't think it is bad as some of us are telling you considering that Mash unit dry humped the rapist up and down the field when they played but acting like the Cowboys defense wasn't decimated by injuries is just being ignorant.
Decimated would be missing 1-2, technically.

And the point is every team changed in the 3 fucking months since week 6. Your band of faggots aren't special. Stop making excuses.

maybe only interesting for pats/broncos fans, but the patriots beat the broncos in week 5 of this year - before Peyton really hit his stride. So logically it's hard to predict the result of a possible playoff rematch.

I took a look at Peyton's performance in that game though:

a4pRq.png
- also went 31/44 on passes

Pretty sure Peyton performed per usual that day, and I again feel confident about the Pats spanking everyone on the way to ring #4

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
@AdamSchefter
From @mortreport and me: Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid. One source said "the major issues have been discussed and agreed upon."

Kinda unexpected, I figured Reid was going to interview with a few people to get leverage on the Cardinals if that's where he wanted to go.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
@AdamSchefter
From @mortreport and me: Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid. One source said "the major issues have been discussed and agreed upon."

Kinda unexpected, I figured Reid was going to interview with a few people to get leverage on the Cardinals if that's where he wanted to go.
Hmm... I wasn't expecting this either as AZ seems like a much better fit. I'm wondering if the Cards were giving him mixed signals or the appeal of BBQ was just too much for Andy to pass up.

can we do our best to spread the rumor that the Jets' motivation to not play Tebow is a grand Jew v. Christian scheme concocted by that caspar looking fucker Woody johnson?