2012 NFL Season

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
More than likely since they have the first round of the draft they will get a QB. That really is the missing piece of the puzzle for the Chiefs to do better. Throw in a good safety/CB and a receiver and I think they will do tons better next year.
Chiefs have Eric Berry don't they? I thought he was doing well but I'll admit, I haven't followed him or anything with the Chiefs since he was drafted hardly. Who doesn't need CB's : / ? Seems like great CB's are something you can never have too much of.

@Djay: Just like with Tannenbaum (Dolphins QB wtfever his name is), someone will draft him earlier than what his true value is. Shit happens every single year. Weeden comes to mind...

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I feel sorry for this years QB draft class. With RG3, Luck and Wilson all in the playoffs they have set the precedent for the 1-year turnaround. I just don't see any of this years draft class being capable of that.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can see a few things happening if Reid does actually go there. I think he drafts Geno Smith if they don't get a QB. Depending on the coach we hire, (eagles)say chip Kelly..Foles would not fit in his system and would likely be traded.. Possibly to KC. Which means, /sigh.. Eagles would keep Vick as he would be the better fit.

That said... I hope we don't sign chip Kelly.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's been a lot of shit coming out now that Reid is gone.. Apparently he gave up a lot of his personal power to Joe Banner and Howie Roseman once his kids starting getting in trouble. I guess to free up more time. Howie later ran Joe banner out. A lot of the personal choices were actually not his. Namadi was also hired behind his back. Andy thought he was overrated and actually told players to throw his way in the pro bowl. Which makes sense considering Asante's remark about the guy upstairs running the team like a FF league.

Jeremiah Trotter dropped the biggest bomb even though it was apparent to a lot of people. He said if personal is equal and it came down to coaching, Andy Reid would lose every time. That's a big thing to say from him as he is pretty close to Andy. Good for him for keeping it real.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah this QB class is pretty shitty at first glance. None of the prospects are really highly rated "can't miss" types. Chiefs do have Charles who is legit, and Bowe isn't hot garbage at least so it's not completely hopeless if they can get a QB and some defensive guys in there.
Bowe is a free agent, had to be franchised last year.

Ray Lewis close to locking up a multi-year deal with ESPN apparently.
this is going to be the most hyperbolic & long-winded 2-3 years in ESPN's history.

On the Jaguars @ Colts - What do you think Ray?

"GOD incarcerated me. to. EDUCATE me, and tell this soul that what is. NOW. is most important. <whisper> the jaguars have to take what is now </whisper>

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
This goes out to Jooka!

Not that I disagree with anything he said, Sanchez sucks. I just have a hard time listening to old Steve talk about anything. I don't know what it is I just find the dude annoying to listen to 95% of the time.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sad part is he knows the sport and he could probably give good actual analysis, but they won't want that. They'll have him do his whole stupid schtick and I'll want to shoot my TV even more than normal.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
While Reid is an awesome QB coach, I'm just not sure there's much you can do with this class. When Matt Barkley is projected in the first round...just...I don't know.

There are some Wilson/RG3 type players (read: black) in Geno and Denard.

But otherwise, in my opinion, the only decent QB's will be Landry Jones and Collin Klein.
Collin Klein you consider decent? he fucking sucks as a qb for the next level. He's Tim Tebow with a terrible throwing motion as well. Klein WILL NEVER be a NFL QB, imo, he may go undrafted, if not, 5-6th rounds, MAYBE>