2013 NFL Season

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I picked up Tavon Austin in a later round in one of my leagues hoping he'd be a top notch rookie. It's not looking like that's going to be the case.
They have intentionally not involved him much, Jeff Fisher said it on NFL network. The 80 something yard punt return he had in Denver he still looks like the fastest player on the field.

Yea, he fumbled once /whooptyfuckingdoo.

He will be a lot more involved come week 1.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I was pretty pissed when they let Flynn go, especially since the one game they let him start he put up better numbers than Rogers ever has against a team that was supposedly trying to win. Maybe instead of drafting another five wideouts, coach McFatty could fucking keep a solid backup since it is going to take years to rebuild the line. The O-Line is still in the depleted "lets hope Favre gets killed behind this paper mache wall so we don't have to trade him" state that TT and MM put it in years ago and Rogers was not exactly famous for his durability when he was a Cal-Bear. McCarthy still thinks that he is playing Madden Football with this team and him lucking past a decrepit ancient Stealer team one year is just enabling more overstacking of the passing game on his part. As a lifelong Packer fan, I feel confident in saying that McCarthy is probably the worst coach to ever win a Superbowl. He spent the whole blowout against the 49ers in the playoffs last year with the same "I shit my own pants" look that he had when the Giants embarrassed us the year before. The guy is a good Offensive coordinator, but that's about it.

The Packers will _probably_ win that shithole division, since the Bears are in total restructure and Cutler is terrified if Mathews, Vikings are in complete rebuild mode, and lol Detriot Lions. It won't be by much, though, and they will be out of the playoffs as soon as they hit a team that can run the ball. There is no fucking way our defense does anything but regress with Woodson leaving, especially since there are no leaders who make good reads on the roster anymore. People like to dogpile on Capers, but the man has been trying to make a passable defense out of Woodson, Mathews, and a big pile of duck tape and binder twine. Now he has no Woodson and two inconsistent rookie cover men. Its the fucking Forest Greg era all over again, minus the criminal behavior.
I resent NFC North being called a shithole division

I think its the 2nd toughest division in the league after NFC West with 3 teams last year having double digit win seasons. Bears and Vikes with 10-6 and Packers with 11-5.

I actually think the Bears will win the division and granted there is a bit of homerism in that assessment, but Bears have the best running tandem (Forte + Bush) in the game, a better offensive line (and they finally cut J'marcus Webb yesterday), an upper echelon receiver corps with Marshall, Jeffery and Martellus Bennett, and of course the greatest Quarterback of the last 10 years. Plus, their defense hasn't lost a step even with Urlacher no longer being a leader. Special teams is rock solid with the best kicker in the game and Hester back on returns.

The real wild card is the coaching of course, but I think Trestman will surprise a lot of people. The offense certainly looked quite good in preseason.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol at comparing that to Lynch's beastmode run. That and the fact that you think the "most exciting play we'll see all year" could be in a preseason game. You Niner fans are worse that Pat fans
The funniest part of those clips is seeing teammates lay each other out while the dude runs away no one near him.

That's the difference with Marshawn Lynch, HE LAID EVERY ONE OUT.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Actually NFC North could be THE toughest division in the NFL. Last season it amassed most total wins out of all divisions with 35 wins. NFC West had 34 + 2 ties.

Actually NFC North could be THE toughest division in the NFL. Last season it amassed most total wins out of all divisions with 35 wins. NFC West had 34 + 2 ties.
I agree its the 2nd toughest. I don't know how any division compares to 49ers & Seahawks being together though. If you polled 10 national sports writers I bet 5 say 49ers and 5 say Seahawks regarding who plays in the superbowl

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bears have the best running tandem (Forte + Bush) in the game
Who else is in this conversations anyways? I have trouble keeping up with RB tandems these days. Foster/Tate obviously(if they can stay on the field), but who else? I mean, something like Adrian Peterson/Christian Ponder doesn't count, but do Alfred Morris and IR3 or McCoy/Vick count? Sounds like Buffalo is getting away from the tandem shit for Spiller/Jackson, won't really be there. I think Ridley/Vereen in NE will be up there this season, with Vereen going full Alstott on Ridley's TD numbers. Ray Rice/Bernard Pierce?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Who else is in this conversations anyways? I have trouble keeping up with RB tandems these days. Foster/Tate obviously(if they can stay on the field), but who else? I mean, something like Adrian Peterson/Christian Ponder doesn't count, but do Alfred Morris and IR3 or McCoy/Vick count? Sounds like Buffalo is getting away from the tandem shit for Spiller/Jackson, won't really be there. I think Ridley/Vereen in NE will be up there this season, with Vereen going full Alstott on Ridley's TD numbers. Ray Rice/Bernard Pierce?
Are you saying that it doesnt matter as much as before? Not setting a tarp for you, just genuinely curious.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I'm saying I'm curious who else is in the conversation. No verbal trickery here=P
I really cant think of anyone else aside from the ones you already mentioned. I actually like that the Bears have a good run game, even though the run isnt as important as it used to be - it keeps them from being one dimensional. Seahawks and Niners would both probably be 9-7 teams if it wasnt for Gore and Lynch

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gore/Hunter and Lynch/Turbin
Turbin had fewer rushing yards than Wilson last year, is he supposed to get a lot more carries this year? 5 per game doesn't bring "tandem" to mind. I'd put Hunter in the same boat, but I believe he is supposed to carry more of the load this year.

edit: I know this is all pretty arbitrary, just killing time.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Turbin and Hunter should both see more carries this season. Well maybe not Turbin, because Christine Michael is looking good and should eat into Lynch's carries. I'd expect Hunter to get probably 30-40% of the carries this year, and he'll probably be the eventual starter if Gore ever retires.

Turbin had fewer rushing yards than Wilson last year,
Well you guys are naming off people like Ben Tate who had 279 rushing yards, and Michael Bush who had 411. Turbin had 354 and Hunter had 371, and was injured for the season in week 11.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bush is a TD vulture, and Tate was hurt a lot. Mostly looking forward to this season, just mentioned Turbin's yards to lead to the question of upcoming carries since I had no idea how he'd be used.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Don't forget about the impending awesomeness of Law Firm and Bernard. I really think Bernard is going to be something special. He will probably be the player the Bengals drafted this year who will have the most profound impact on the team.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Well you guys are naming off people like Ben Tate who had 279 rushing yards, and Michael Bush who had 411. Turbin had 354 and Hunter had 371, and was injured for the season in week 11.
Bush also played 13 games vs. Turbin's 16 and has 5 TDs vs. Turbin's 0.