2015 NHL Playoffs Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hilarious Rangers get the first PP after the shit they have let go already. Kreider's knee on knee to Burakovsky most of all.

Merrith

I will say that it at least looks like he was trying to make contact with the upper body too.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I'm just saying, there have a ton of missed calls both ways all series and I have been really good at not bitching about them.

Merrith

I'm just saying, there have a ton of missed calls both ways all series and I have been really good at not bitching about them.
There have, there was plenty of interference in that first period they missed, Ward took a bad slash about a minute before they called Ovechkin for a slash too. I'm fine with the rest of the calls, kneeing just isn't something to mess with. Burakovsky looked legit hurt for a shift or two after that contact too.

Merrith

Again though, it's not like they're giving the Caps PP many chances, we haven't had the PP advantage (or even more than 2 PP's in a game) since Game 6 of the Isles series.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I didn't even notice that play, but that gif just shows the contact, not the context before so it's hard to really judge.

Merrith

I didn't even notice that play, but that gif just shows the contact, not the context before so it's hard to really judge.
Well, NBC never showed another replay of it, which isn't surprising in the slightest. Everyone on Caps blogs noticed it right away. Bura had the puck, it was a little reckless by Kreider. I do think he was actually trying to land a hit with his shoulder too, which is a good thing.

Merrith

Welp, first time getting 3rd PP in a game since Game 6 against the Isles.

I just don't like that they seem to be reffing this game differently from the rest of the series Stoic. I still have no idea what McDonough did to give us our first PP back in the 1st.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that McDonough penalty was funny.

Really shitty period for us. If not for those dumb calls and Hank we would be down by a few right now.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, this series is over. Caps were only in it because of Holtby playing out of his fucking mind. You can't keep that up forever, and the Caps have lost their chance to close this series out.

Merrith

Yeah, this series is over. Caps were only in it because of Holtby playing out of his fucking mind. You can't keep that up forever, and the Caps have lost their chance to close this series out.
It's never over.

Merrith

This is why delay of game is stupid, and there should be instant replay for stuff like this. Bad call.

Merrith

Just too many mistakes in D zone, Niskanen and Alzner were fucking terrible tonight.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't really watch hockey and have no idea what is going on but that game was fun as hell to watch.