2017 NHL Playoffs Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Ducks in yet another OT game.

Great game so far though. Killed off that 5 vs 3 like it was nothing!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yup, pretty damn sloppy.

I suppose they deserved that loss

Nashville just has it right now. Getting the timely scoring, when their top line is going they're hard to stop, even when they weren't last series, their D men chip in a good bit of offense. And they're solid at the back. You wonder how the hell they were 16th of the 16 playoff teams.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
J.G. Gretzky!!

Crosby GOAT in letting himself get pushed face first into the boards.

Seriously though sens are so bad. Take penalties much? Anderson will have to stand on his head for them to have a remote chance of even coming close.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Good grief, that was a beautiful, and I don't say that lightly, a beautiful goal to win in overtime for Ottawa. Just amazing!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
If it happens again, I hope Ottawa has a better showing this time. Last time was a complete shit show.

Merrith

Always great to see the Pens lose. Still don't know how Ottawa is doing this. 6-1 in OT's now.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, I'd try to argue that they're keeping composure, but... penalties, man, so that's clearly not what's up. Maybe it's a long con. Who knows.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Sens actually looked like the better team last night and have already led this series longer than they led against the whole Ranger series. Kinda crazy, somehow they are getting it done. Hard not to root for them at this point. Still think it's a long shot, but that has pretty much been said since round 1 so who the fuck knows.

Not sure who is more insufferable, the pens fans not giving credit where it is do calling it "all luck, pens in 5", or the sens fans milking the whole "but we're all underdogs, right lolol!??" narrative.

Also....

Behold J.G. Gretzky everyone

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Nah, the whole underdog thing has to drop now. We know they're underdogs. It's the CF, no one cares anymore, they've proven they can hang with the big dogs.

They still aren't favourites by the odds, and everyone is quick to point that out, but they're plenty capable.

Merrith

Nah, the whole underdog thing has to drop now. We know they're underdogs. It's the CF, no one cares anymore, they've proven they can hang with the big dogs.

They still aren't favourites by the odds, and everyone is quick to point that out, but they're plenty capable.

Eh, I think they're still pretty big underdogs, and this was always the narrative for whoever was going to come out of the Atlantic. They've certainly proven they have a bit of magic going, though. Not sure I still believe they can actually win that series.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Not sure I still believe they can actually win that series.

Neither am I. Even if they do, we saw how well it went last time they hit the finals. The magic ran out bigtime when the steamroller hit them.

Merrith

Neither am I. Even if they do, we saw how well it went last time they hit the finals. The magic ran out bigtime when the steamroller hit them.

Yeah especially if they're up against the other magic team right now, Nashville. Lol @ NBC execs if we get a Ottawa/Nashville final.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Ottawa is a tale of two teams. One with EK on the ice and one without. Score first to to negate the trap and hit EK hard and often. Easier said than done though obviously. Rangers did great at the first, but let up on Karlsson in game 5/6. I fully expect pens to make the right adjustments going foward, but hope i'm wrong.

Ovi sounding kind of down calling the window to win closed and whatnot. Even if you think that, it's not some shit a captain should say out loud for their team to here. Sure they will be losing some big names, but fucks sake that team will still be really stacked. Like more than most teams, including 3/4ths left in the playoffs right now. Really can't imagine what the gameplan is in washington for next year.

Merrith

Ottawa is a tale of two teams. One with EK on the ice and one without. Score first to to negate the trap and hit EK hard and often. Easier said than done though obviously. Rangers did great at the first, but let up on Karlsson in game 5/6. I fully expect pens to make the right adjustments going foward, but hope i'm wrong.

Ovi sounding kind of down calling the window to win closed and whatnot. Even if you think that, it's not some shit a captain should say out loud for their team to here. Sure they will be losing some big names, but fucks sake that team will still be really stacked. Like more than most teams, including 3/4ths left in the playoffs right now. Really can't imagine what the gameplan is in washington for next year.

I think some of it is just a realization that the roster was built for this 2 year "window" and whatever else was going on, this group actually really liked playing together. Oshie I think really wishes he could stay, but knows the money isn't going to be there (and I'd be leery of giving him any considerable term since he's already 32). But I think a lot of the "down" comments you hear is just the realization that it won't be the same group no matter what, not so much that they can't compete again next year or beyond. A lot of interviews and you just got the sense that the group we had really enjoyed playing together and it's going to be sad for them next year without a good many of the same faces around.

EK is just an absolute stud, you look at the amount of minutes he's handling and it's crazy.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Was walking out from work today when I overheard someone saying to one of the security guards "Cheering for the Senators is like voting for a Liberal". I laughed.

Merrith

Was walking out from work today when I overheard someone saying to one of the security guards "Cheering for the Senators is like voting for a Liberal". I laughed.

I don't think cheering for the Senators is doing the smart thing in the long run at all.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, without getting too political about it, it wasn't the politics that made it funny, it was his delivery. Like he was talking about taking a bullet, or getting hit by a car.