2017 NHL Playoffs Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Ahhh its a glorious night as a King's fan living deep in Ducks territory in north OC. Been listening to so much shit talking at work from Ducks fans, its going to be awesome going into work tomorrow.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do it Nashville. Or Ottawa, if they manage to come back against the Pens.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I hope so, but after last game's showing, I'm like that guy in the back of the high school dance hall looking at the ground and shuffling his feet. No hope whatsoever. Quite frankly, after going from a 5-1 blowout one way to a 7-0 blowout the other way, it's hard to believe that these are the same two teams playing.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting goalie interference call there. Daley pushed him in with his stick, by Anderson's leg, while going for the puck After it came out Daley put it in.

I...I have no frame of reference for this. Players always try to push it through in that situation, 100% of the time. Whatevs...

Gino is going to take a VERY stupid penalty any minute now. He's steaming out there like a retard who dropped his ice cream.

edit: Or he'll score a pretty sick goal 1 minute after my post...that fucker is stronk on the puck man.

Merrith

Interesting goalie interference call there. Daley pushed him in with his stick, by Anderson's leg, while going for the puck After it came out Daley put it in.

I...I have no frame of reference for this. Players always try to push it through in that situation, 100% of the time. Whatevs...

Gino is going to take a VERY stupid penalty any minute now. He's steaming out there like a retard who dropped his ice cream.

edit: Or he'll score a pretty sick goal 1 minute after my post...that fucker is stronk on the puck man.

How bad was the GI call? I'm assuming fucking terrible with little to no evidence on the replay to back up whatever they called. Usual NHL GI bullshit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was just bizarre, not terrible. Puck was still a little loose, Daley was pushing at it/Anderson's pad like players always do and in the process pushed Anderson visibly back a good 10"-12". Puck came out and Daley got it and put it in.

On the one hand he absolutely moved Anderson. On the other hand it's seriously a type of play that happens 100s of times a season and I've never seen it called. But probably only because it wasn't so open and visible...and effective. It should be called in that situation. I can't get worked up over it, he pushed him in. And God knows refs are calling GI like crazy these playoffs. Interfere with goalie? Whistle every time. Elbow a guy in the fucking head blatantly as fuck? Hockey play...

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The Goalie Interference call was pretty bullshit, and keep in mind I am really pulling for Ottawa to win here.

So Ottawa tied it up. I'm quite surprised. They are having the hardest time getting anything put together. It's so frustrating. This team is good, but tonight they're meh. We'll see how much the momentum changes now that they tied it and had some powerplay time after. The crowd is sure as heck into it, but the players have to capitalize on the energy.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Can't even fucking watch. I'm having a hard time understanding how this team, that has been so amazing thus far, has folded this much in such a short amount of time, so much so that they needed a 5 on 3 to tie it up, at home, in game 6, down 3-2 in the series, with these fans behind them.

So frustrating. This is as good as it gets as far as opportunity goes, and what really gets me is, just say they do eke out a win? They're back in Pittsburgh for game 7. Hooboy.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Can't even fucking watch. I'm having a hard time understanding how this team, that has been so amazing thus far, has folded this much in such a short amount of time, so much so that they needed a 5 on 3 to tie it up, at home, in game 6, down 3-2 in the series, with these fans behind them.

So frustrating. This is as good as it gets as far as opportunity goes, and what really gets me is, just say they do eke out a win? They're back in Pittsburgh for game 7. Hooboy.

57PpCgb.gif

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And Murray just got smoked by Hoffman after a great screen by some Sens player. Like dude straight up matadored out of the way of the puck at the last second, was pretty sick.

Merrith

Watching the Penguins carry the play and dominate most of the possession but lose to an opportunistic team getting great goaltending puts a little warmth in my heart.

Merrith

Anaheim worse than Nashville for ratings? I feel like that might not be true. Cali has 3 decent hockey markets now that Anaheim might have pulled from Nashville while turning into a pretty good hockey town I can't imagine pulls big ratings.

Agreed that Edmonton/Ottawa would have been the worst.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
"Edmonton vs. Ottawa would suck" - most American hockey fans.
"Edmonton vs. Ottawa would rock" - most Canadian hockey fans (including me).

Unfortunately, Canadian fans aren't responsible for the majority of dollars in for the NHL. I honestly think the NHL would sink forever if it featured two Canadian teams in the finals in this day and age.

The last time Ottawa made it to the finals, NBC's ratings were abysmal, and hey, it was against Anaheim: Ratings for The NHL on NBC - Wikipedia