(2020) Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The animus should just be an intro to the game and that's it. That I wouldn't mind so much. Like hey this is who you are going to be and here is a little back story to go along with the person. Then it's just you in the past and that's it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There are plenty of ways to make the Animus work. The problem is a) clearly the main focus is a simulated historical architecture museum. They spend so much time focusing on the world building of the past and just exposit on the present day. So instead of it having a cohesive story, all it does is pull you out of the part they worked so hard on. It's the same as when games arbitrarily add clunky minigames. And b) the only story going on in current day is so batshit that it's hard to take any of it seriously. In the pastx the characters are fleshed out, you understand why they do what they do. In the present it's all just off the wall aliens and corporate espionage mixed into a single narrative.

If the present day stuff had the same kind of gameplay as the past, I don't think anyone would have an issue.

• 1Pants on Fire!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
they should just announce AC:Valhalla is in a separate dimension created by the Isu. And you're playing in current day in it, not some animus bullshit. And all the crazy norse lore? Yeah it's all real, more or less. You're on midgard fighting the british and now and then you've got to deal with some Nordic legendary bullshit created by the Isu.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
they should just announce AC:Valhalla is in a separate dimension created by the Isu. And you're playing in current day in it, not some animus bullshit. And all the crazy norse lore? Yeah it's all real, more or less. You're on midgard fighting the british and now and then you've got to deal with some Nordic legendary bullshit created by the Isu.
Might be more popular if you could just go to war with California liberals as a Viking Army. Can you imagine 12,000 vikings landing on the shores of San Francisco?

brb, gotta fap.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Might be more popular if you could just go to war with California liberals as a Viking Army. Can you imagine 12,000 vikings landing on the shores of San Francisco?

brb, gotta fap.
Modern Day Vikings would be welcomed with open arms.

1603382402286.png

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
alright, so...
next up is Assassin’s Creed: Shogun, right? Right?!
It’s all I want from this fucking undying series, come onnnnn

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
alright, so...
next up is Assassin’s Creed: Shogun, right? Right?!
It’s all I want from this fucking undying series, come onnnnn
That's basically ghost of tsushima without the animus

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I tend to marathon games I play and I rarely go back and replay a game like this. Is there any reason not to just do Ubisoft+ instead of buying outright? Even if it kicks ass that means I'd play for 60 days instead of 30 and still save, just wondering if anyone has done Ubisoft+ and if there is any downside maybe I'm missing.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I tend to marathon games I play and I rarely go back and replay a game like this. Is there any reason not to just do Ubisoft+ instead of buying outright? Even if it kicks ass that means I'd play for 60 days instead of 30 and still save, just wondering if anyone has done Ubisoft+ and if there is any downside maybe I'm missing.
No, that's exactly what I do with every Ubisoft game now. You get the ~$120 version for $15-30 (15 if you decide you don't care about the DLC or even just wait to play it when you've subbed for another game entirely... 30 if you go out of your way to sub again just for the DLC) which is about what Ubi games are worth these days.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I just grabbed a month for watchdogs and this, should have waited and started the month when this goes up for preload tho.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thought this was coming the 16th for some reason. But glad I got the AMD rewards mail today on how to claim the game for preload tomorrow.

Edit: Great success, AMD rewards does not work so can't get my key. Sad times.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I watched some of the Cohh's stream. The dialogue in the game is corny and cringe as fuck. Can't they hire people who can actually write?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I watched some of the Cohh's stream. The dialogue in the game is corny and cringe as fuck. Can't they hire people who can actually write?

Yeah aside from Alexios and Cassandra it was pretty much the same there as well. Was still a great game though.

• 1Like