2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
McNair was far from the first running qb this shows how fucked in the head you are. He was drafted 10 years after Randalls prime. and he was athletic but lumbering and was nowhere near Young.

Brunell is Aikmans closest comparable peer in the 90s era. Brunells 8 year prime is nearly identical to Aikmans 8 year prime in stats. And he did it on an expansion team, not a team wioth the all time leading rusher, a hall of fame WR, and the greatest offensive line ever assembled featuring arguably the greatest guard in history.

So it boils down to 3 rings. THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY EXACT POIINT FOR ME. Aikman is only in the hall based on rings and being carried there by some of the most stacked teams in history.

Better get the hall ready for Eli
Yes, Eli WILL be in the HoF. He won't be first ballot like Aikman, but he'll be there. Because the hall is about more than just stats. But you're too stupid to know that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Brady, pick six on last drive comeback. Cooper Rush, TD. The king is dead, long live the king.
Just before they were talking about how Brady still doesn't have a completed hail Mary to his name... stat thirster.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
McNair: Probably. Dude was the first real "running" QB. He made Elway and Young look like statues.
Brunell: Not even close. This dude wasn't on an all-time great dynasty and doesn't have 3 rings. I don't see how you compare him to Aikman.
Randall Cunningham pre-dates McNair.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Man what a blow to the Titans. Really sucks cause he was on such a tear and it would have been cool to see him go for 2k again.

Which is why it was retarded for people to have him in as a lock to rush for 2000+ yards for 3 years in a row.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Which is why it was retarded for people to have him in as a lock to rush for 2000+ yards for 3 years in a row.
Accurate. The abuse he is putting his body through is just not sustainable.

I avoided him in my Fantasy league this year because I just didn't think he could sustain a 3rd year of that many touches. He was absolutely on pace to prove me wrong. But then didn't

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Randall Cunningham pre-dates McNair.
This is true. Therefore I will say that if Cunningham was the proof of concept for running QB's, McNair was confirmation that concept could win at the highest levels. Cunningham never made it to a Super Bowl, and McNair took his team to within 1 yard of winning it all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

Which way, western man?
<Gold Donor>
This is true. Therefore I will say that if Cunningham was the proof of concept for running QB's, McNair was confirmation that concept could win at the highest levels. Cunningham never made it to a Super Bowl, and McNair took his team to within 1 yard of winning it all.

You know it was a shame Cunningham never made it to the Super Bowl. I remember the 98 season when the Broncos won the Super Bowl and the Vikings fell to the Falcons in the NFCC because of that field goal kick. The Vikings were electrifying with Cunningham, Moss, & Carter. Absolute crazy offense.

Holy shit.

As a Bronco fan, this needed to happen. Von expected the Broncos to remain a high caliber team and he's been worn down from the losing seasons. He didn't deserve to rot in Denver, hopefully we can see the playoffs again, and maybe a Super Bowl.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
lol best quote so far "no nut November didn't last long."

We are going to have like 2 draft picks next year at this rate. (but maybe thats a good thing if we're going to pick dudes like Tutu Atwell)

• 1Worf

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
We have a comp 3rd, a 5th, and 2 7th round picks atm next year.

That's actually hilarious. Guess I can skip the draft next year.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man, Rams going all in. I find it fascinating what the Rams have been doing the last few years, and they are truly changing what the value of draft picks mean. They aren't going to have any draft picks (at least early rounds) but have a bunch of proven players. Now they will just show how you can easily manipulate the salary cap to pay these guys. Sucks as a 49ers fan, but fun to watch just as a fan of football how they are changing how to view draft picks.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, going "all-in" worked out well for the Rams the last time they did it.

Grats on giving up your future for an aging LB who can't really find the QB anymore though.
Yeah god being in the playoffs almost every year really sucks, wish we were the Niners and were only good once every 5 years or something.

Rams were already leading the league in sacks. hehehhehhehhehehehhe

Von has 4.5 sacks in 7 games on a mediocre team not playing next to AD.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, going "all-in" worked out well for the Rams the last time they did it.

Grats on giving up your future for an aging LB who can't really find the QB anymore though.
This is a stupid take.

Von Miller on his own is no longer the game changer he once was. Von Miller on the Rams defense is a huge+. Did the Rams pay too much? Only time will tell with that. If they win 1 Super Bowl with him on there, I guarantee just about everyone calls this a win for the Rams.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
Von has 4.5 sacks in 7 games on a mediocre team not playing next to AD.
His last "good" season was 2018, he's 32, and missed 2020 with an ankle injury. Once LBs start having problem with their feet, their best days are long gone.

Also, outside of 2012, I maintain that Von was overrated as a pass rusher.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
AD is 30. If you don't go "all-in" with a generational talent then you fucking failed.

Last time we went "all-in" before this was the fucking Stafford trade god damn lol.

Von Miller is on pace already for a 10+ sack season on a mediocre team. I guess that means he sucks now or something. I've watched him play a couple times this year and he still looks like Von Miller to me.

• 2Like