2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
THIS is the TB12 effect.

Not sure about that but it is one of the few things I've seen that makes both the Browns and Petey C look smarter than they are. I guess I'll have to hear Broncos fans say "let Russell cook" while they hope the running game and defense bail him out again.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
THIS is the TB12 effect.

I mean, he has single-handedly kept Seattle from being a 3-13(14)team for the past several seasons. Yeah, it's a fuckload of money, but it isn't like the proof isn't in the pudding.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I mean, he has single-handedly kept Seattle from being a 3-13(14)team for the past several seasons. Yeah, it's a fuckload of money, but it isn't like the proof isn't in the pudding.

Fives years is a lot for an aging QB. Is he worth it? Yeah he is. It just blows my mind that QB's aren't over the hill at 33 any longer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Fives years is a lot for an aging QB. Is he worth it? Yeah he is. It just blows my mind that QB's aren't over the hill at 33 any longer.
He's well worth it considering how important stability is at the position. I like to compare QB's to rolling dice, and I'll use Ryan Tannehill as an example. Ryan Tannehill is the equivalent to rolling a 9 on two six sided dice. You could do better; your chance of rolling a 10-12 is 16.67%. Your chances of rolling another 9 and getting another Tannehill is 11.11%. Your chances of rolling worse than that is 72%.

Remember that this is rolling the dice average for ALL QB's drafted and/or signed, not just the 32 starters. Fringe starters like Teddy Bridgewater would be rolling an 8. Mediocre backups are 6-7. The Jamarcus Russells and Josh Rosens of the world are 2-5. When you look at it this way, it's easy to say, "I can see why Tennessee doesn't look to replace Tannehill so quickly."

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Not sure if this was a good idea by Denver. That's a lot of money for a QB who hasn't sexually assaulted any women.

you know i was gonna say something about Peyton Manning but then i remembered the whole teabagging thing that allegedly took place when he was at Tennessee

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
HvGKyjf.jpeg

• 8Faggotry
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It continues to blow my mind that Gisele's net worth is like double of Tom's.
Probably because you have a tiny, feeble mind, that doesn't understand how the world works.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
He's well worth it considering how important stability is at the position. I like to compare QB's to rolling dice, and I'll use Ryan Tannehill as an example. Ryan Tannehill is the equivalent to rolling a 9 on two six sided dice. You could do better; your chance of rolling a 10-12 is 16.67%. Your chances of rolling another 9 and getting another Tannehill is 11.11%. Your chances of rolling worse than that is 72%.

Remember that this is rolling the dice average for ALL QB's drafted and/or signed, not just the 32 starters. Fringe starters like Teddy Bridgewater would be rolling an 8. Mediocre backups are 6-7. The Jamarcus Russells and Josh Rosens of the world are 2-5. When you look at it this way, it's easy to say, "I can see why Tennessee doesn't look to replace Tannehill so quickly."

It just shows how utterly incompetent Miami's management has been for years. You get a 9 on your dice rolls and he's cheap as shit for 5 years. You then surround him with....average talent and waste all that free money while TN ends up paying a lot more...but also getting a lot more as well. At least this year's team went all out on weapons for their new QB. Not sure if he'll use that talent to win enough games but it's there for him.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

The dice analogy doesn't really make sense if you're including all QB's drafted or signed since it weighs UFA's equally with number 1 overall draft picks

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thought this was a pretty good write up on current QBs and their rankings.
Trubisky has problems but I don't think he's the worst starter in the league, Rodgers is good and maybe even the best starter going into the year but I think they're sucking him off a bit with those ratings, Dak should be lower, Lamar would be a lot lower but they gave him a 120 rating on a scale that only goes to 100, Burrow should be higher, Murray should be lower, Winston should be a lower, Tua should probably be a little higher.

There are others, like Mills actually looked pretty solid for a rookie being thrown into the deep end on a devastated franchise, conversely they've put Lawrence all the way up to 14 despite looking terrible like the rest of the Jags last year.

• 1Like