2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
3rd round pick for essentially a rental, cause I just can't see them signing him to a long term contract (I hope). I was really hoping they were going to go after the Bears CB, Johnson honestly.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
3rd round pick for essentially a rental, cause I just can't see them signing him to a long term contract (I hope). I was really hoping they were going to go after the Bears CB, Johnson honestly.
One of your many bullshit racism comp picks likely.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
God damn fuck the Niners. I would of rather the Seahawks gotten Young for a third instead of Williams for a 2nd.

Really surprised to see the Commanders go full fire sale. Thought they would of at least resigned one of those guys.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
God damn fuck the Niners. I would of rather the Seahawks gotten Young for a third instead of Williams for a 2nd.

Really surprised to see the Commanders go full fire sale. Thought they would of at least resigned one of those guys.
Those dipshits didn't guarantee Chase's 5th year option so no keeping him on the cheap.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If SF doesn't have like 5 sacks in their next two games Steve Wilks should probably be fired. Plenty of people are calling for his head already but there's no question the defense has been under performing this season when the personnel should be better than last year.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'd rather have secondary help.

I think pass rush is getting overvalued in today's NFL. You need guys that can stay with receivers if dudea like Burrow, Mahomes, etc. can get the ball out in 2.5 seconds and totally negate your pass rush.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I think pass rush is getting overvalued in today's NFL. You need guys that can stay with receivers if dudea like Burrow, Mahomes, etc. can get the ball out in 2.5 seconds and totally negate your pass rush.
Analysts love this conversation. "Is the pass rush good because of the corners or are the corners good because the pass rush is good".

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

To a point. Even if they get to the QB, will there a penalty based of where they touch him, how hard, does QB get injured, which team did the refs bet on, etc.

I'm wondering if Riverboat Ron and mgt want the Commanders to be totally bereft of talent before the draft and didn't notice the Cards, Bears, Giants, and Carolina have earned the top 4 picks already. At least they have goals?

I'm also wondering on if anyone else is enjoying the Zach Wilson led Jets having a two-win advantage over NE so far. It just feels so DAMN GOOD! 2-6. Just blown out by Miami...mmmm.

200.gif

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Analysts love this conversation. "Is the pass rush good because of the corners or are the corners good because the pass rush is good".
I mean, obviously you'd love to have a little bit of both, right? But I think Dline is just overvalued now. I'm not saying it isn't important and something you can just ignore. But I think coverage needs to be prioritized in today's game.

Even guys like LT, Reggie White, Bruce Smith, etc. would have a hard time getting home against dude's like Burrow, Herbert, Mahomes, etc. It's a whole different ball game now compared to when you played against statues like Montana, Marino, Kelly, etc. with 7 step drops.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

I tend to agree with this because the 49ers DLine was already stacked, just really underperforming. However, since they almost got him for free I am not going to complain about it at all.

There is something to be said for Wilks being a bit on the hot seat though. The 49ers defense is simply not playing the same that they have in years bast with Saleh and Ryans on the sidelines.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I tend to agree with this because the 49ers DLine was already stacked, just really underperforming. However, since they almost got him for free I am not going to complain about it at all.

There is something to be said for Wilks being a bit on the hot seat though. The 49ers defense is simply not playing the same that they have in years bast with Saleh and Ryans on the sidelines.
That tends to happen when you force a guy to run a defense that isn't even his. I have no idea why they even brought in Wilks if they wanted to stay with the Wide 9.

Other than those nice little diversity picks they get in compensation...

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The fact that some quarterbacks can get the ball out quick is not "negating the pass rush". You're pretty severely limiting what they can do if they never have time to let a play develop and that makes the secondary's job much easier.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I mean the Von Miller trade made all the difference between getting to and winning the Superbowl for us.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user