2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Did that mean Kaepernick should've been compared to Young and Montana? Maybe we pump the brakes a bit.
Whether he should have been or not, he absolutely was. It's just what happens in sports. Nothing wrong with getting excited. It's not like your opinion means more than a fart in the wind anyway.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I would rather live in a commune with 50 feminist purple hair non binary Palestine supporting communists than have dinner with a single eagles fan

• 2Worf
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

As a quick aside for all of sports: the Manning coverage has proven how little fans want/need commentators and analysts to just watch the game. Peyton and Eli talk about the plays and the players and then watch the game and it is 100000x better than any of the dumb ass stories that we have about individual players or the sideline reporters asking coaches insanely stupid questions. The only thing that would make the Manning broadcast better is less interviews with other people; but I am sure the network forces them to do that because they think people want it.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
As a quick aside for all of sports: the Manning coverage has proven how little fans want/need commentators and analysts to just watch the game. Peyton and Eli talk about the plays and the players and then watch the game and it is 100000x better than any of the dumb ass stories that we have about individual players or the sideline reporters asking coaches insanely stupid questions. The only thing that would make the Manning broadcast better is less interviews with other people; but I am sure the network forces them to do that because they think people want it.
The play-by-play commentary / analysis dynamic is great for people who are new to the game or don't understand even the basics of the rules. For fans that are more well versed with the game and it's details, something like the Manningcast is far more enjoyable and informative. The NFL would do well to expand that type of broadcasting to far more games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I would rather live in a commune with 50 feminist purple hair non binary Palestine supporting communists than have dinner with a single eagles fan
Sounds like something an eagles fan would say.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Did that mean Kaepernick should've been compared to Young and Montana? Maybe we pump the brakes a bit.

Of course you compare them with great players of the past. Should they compare them with 5th round draft picks nobody remembers?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Also, I think it's worth noting Kaepernick's success was a little unique in part due to the RPO that NFL defenses took a little time adjusting to. I don't think his pure QB skills were on the level of Love in terms of seeing the second level or working through his progressions. There's no gimmick involved there.

• 1Like

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Still surprises me that the Cowboys have stuck with McCarthy for as long as they have, learning the hard and heartbreaking way why the Packers dumped him.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty happy with the results this weekend. like mentioned, no team is a juggernaut and feels like every week you have no clue who is showing up

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Still surprises me that the Cowboys have stuck with McCarthy for as long as they have, learning the hard and heartbreaking way why the Packers dumped him.
I'm shocked he isn't fired yet. Jerry seems to hang onto coaches longer than he should.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
if the Bucs don't win next weekend I'm pulling for Lions/Bills so we can get the "Fucking Finally" bowl
Yeah it'd be great to see one of the two loser franchises in this league have their day in the sun.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
When I imagine myself as a team owner, I can see myself valuing 'not being humiliated' very highly. The Rams are a great example, everyone knew they were trading their future to gamble everything on the 'right now'. I'm sure they expected the 'right now' to last 2-3 years rather than collapsing immediately but they did secure a ring. I still don't know that I ever would have agreed to that plan if I had been the owner. I understand why a coach like Tomlin is kept on through year after year of mediocrity.