2024-2025 NFL Season - Dak Prescott's MVP Tour Part 2

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Haha, another Google suggested article from the same outlet...

What a bunch of horse shit!

Maybe they are the Onion/Babylon Bee of Sports?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
1000039110.jpg

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If this were true, the 49ers should jump on it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It's crazy how well the narrative that paying a couple stars exorbitant sums somehow leads to wins. Nothing in reality shows that as a fact but everyone wants to believe that you can't succeed in the NFL without paying 30 mill per top WR, 50+ per QB, 25 per top DL, etc, etc when they have a set amount to pay and the teams who pay the most per 'star' are rarely in the Superbowl. Ultimate team game except when talking about contracts. I know that after 3 years of doing it the Rams got in but any other examples? I look at Mahomes and Brady and while Mahomes had the top contract at one point, he hasn't decided it's time to sit out on his 10 year contract yet. Why not? Doesn't he know that expensive contracts equals wins?! I saw them letting Big Money Hill go to Miami and somehow still have success. How is that possible??!!!!!

The media leads everyone by the nose and people rarely wonder why they are following that piper. Does Chris Canty really sound that smart? He doesn't to me. Same for the rest of them but he was the last I heard throwing out that bullshit this morning as I turned back to terrible music over terrible 'Hot Takes!'

I say this as a Miami fan who will watch Miami splutter around with their money going to maybe 4 dudes who still haven't gotten a playoff win together. Sounds like a winning formula to me.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
In the case of Miami, it might not of gotten playoff wins, but it did get back to back playoff appearances since before that like what 2016? So yes, you did get wins.

• 1Like

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
It's crazy how well the narrative that paying a couple stars exorbitant sums somehow leads to wins. Nothing in reality shows that as a fact but everyone wants to believe that you can't succeed in the NFL without paying 30 mill per top WR, 50+ per QB, 25 per top DL, etc, etc when they have a set amount to pay and the teams who pay the most per 'star' are rarely in the Superbowl. Ultimate team game except when talking about contracts. I know that after 3 years of doing it the Rams got in but any other examples? I look at Mahomes and Brady and while Mahomes had the top contract at one point, he hasn't decided it's time to sit out on his 10 year contract yet. Why not? Doesn't he know that expensive contracts equals wins?! I saw them letting Big Money Hill go to Miami and somehow still have success. How is that possible??!!!!!

The media leads everyone by the nose and people rarely wonder why they are following that piper. Does Chris Canty really sound that smart? He doesn't to me. Same for the rest of them but he was the last I heard throwing out that bullshit this morning as I turned back to terrible music over terrible 'Hot Takes!'

I say this as a Miami fan who will watch Miami splutter around with their money going to maybe 4 dudes who still haven't gotten a playoff win together. Sounds like a winning formula to me.
I tend to agree with you in general, but then preseason football definitely makes me think there are less than 30 people in the world who can actually play quarterback at the NFL level. I do think Wide Receiver is the worst position to overpay since they're so dependent on a QB getting them the ball.

Regarding Mahomes, my understanding is he's restructured twice now in this contract and has kept pace with the highest paid guys in the league. Since they keep frontloading the money, the holdout wouldn't occur until he's near the end and he's essentially only down to the league minimum in terms of salary (they'd extend him at that point anyway). Pretty smart way to handle it, I think - keeps his pay out of the headlines and makes him appear pretty selfless since it frees up cap.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I tend to agree with you in general, but then preseason football definitely makes me think there are less than 30 people in the world who can actually play quarterback at the NFL level. I do think Wide Receiver is the worst position to overpay since they're so dependent on a QB getting them the ball.

Regarding Mahomes, my understanding is he's restructured twice now in this contract and has kept pace with the highest paid guys in the league. Since they keep frontloading the money, the holdout wouldn't occur until he's near the end and he's essentially only down to the league minimum in terms of salary (they'd extend him at that point anyway). Pretty smart way to handle it, I think - keeps his pay out of the headlines and makes him appear pretty selfless since it frees up cap.

Good reply and it makes sense for QBs and QBs only. But then you hear about RBs deserve more, why Aiyukhas ‘earned’ a top 5 contract(he probably has), etc, etc and you realize it isn’t an attempt to promote the absolutely necessary guys and just a talking point used by overpaid media provocateurs to pressure team leadership to help their buddies in the player agencies.

Miami had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL last year. That is what got them to the playoffs

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Hope and Raiders, you don't hear those words together often!
I am totally Bias, but I have hopes they win 10 games this year and maybe a wild card. We are considering taking the kids to the Jags game in December. Holy fuck tickets aren't cheap!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am totally Bias, but I have hopes they win 10 games this year and maybe a wild card. We are considering taking the kids to the Jags game in December. Holy fuck tickets aren't cheap!
You should go.

I’m going to watch the banner drop at Arrowhead on Thursday and do a royals game on Friday.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Starting to look like the 49ers may actually work it out with Aiyuk. Now they need to get Trent taken care of, and hope and pray everyone stays healthy this year.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think there is a limit to what teams can pay QB/WR's/LT/DE, but a lot depends on team makeup. Honestly the biggest case right now is Jefferson's contract they better hope McCarthy can turn into what they hope. I do believe those rare top ELITE WR are worth more than the rest, but if you don't have an offense+QB that can take full advantage of it, you're probably wasting some money. Not all of it, but some. Same with having a huge QB contract but no O line to protect them. If they can't do what they need to do, what's the point?

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean the ideal situation is to have a bunch of young dudes on their first contract that are all amazing. In reality even the good teams usually end up with a mix of some dudes that are near the top of the market, some dudes that are getting paid regular salaries and some dudes that are wildly underpaid. The big thing is to not have too many in that first group especially if they turn out to underperform.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Just hear to say that my Maxx Crosby Jersey for this year is in the mail! I think the LV Raiders might be a little underestimated, didn't we freeze Kenny Stabler, and Al Davis, Jerry has his ready to go on a moments notice, too soon?
Mixed Martial Arts Middle Finger GIF by UFC
Al Davis Nfl GIF by Las Vegas Raiders
Al Davis Nfl GIF by Las Vegas Raiders
KRA! KRA! I hope I don't have to lurk another year.....

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like