<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hollywood going to be out for the week 1 game I already bought tickets for. FML

also wtf Kirun Kirun

• 1Wow!
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sucks for Niners fans, bro. I'm a lifelong Chargers fan though.
Dallas Cowboys Football GIF by ScooterMagruder

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What was that old stat where Rodgers would have to throw a pick on like 4,000 consecutive throws to equal Peterman's TD:Int? Or was it passer rating?

• 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, lots of reporting on that yesterday. It sounds like he is going to make a decision today (according to Jerry Rice), so hopefully we hear something soon.

On the topic of Aiyuk and his value, this article does a pretty good job of breaking down how efficient he is.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
On the topic of Aiyuk and his value, this article does a pretty good job of breaking down how efficient he is.
It'll be interesting to see how "efficient" he is on a team which doesn't have CMC, Deebo, Kittle, etc. Or on the 49ers when those players are gone.

I just don't have faith the guy is a legit top 5 WR. Not after 1 productive year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I mean the article hits on those points as well. It's incredibly difficult to quantify it, because it is pretty much the perfect environment for him to succeed *right now*.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It'll be interesting to see how "efficient" he is on a team which doesn't have CMC, Deebo, Kittle, etc. Or on the 49ers when those players are gone.

I just don't have faith the guy is a legit top 5 WR. Not after 1 productive year.

If he's willing to accept $28M a year, that's already not top 5 money. He'd be tied with Adams for 6th, with Chase and Lamb sure to get more than that.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
What I never understand is how short sighted these guys are. Sure get as much guaranteed as you can, but leave room for others like Brady did. Be an under paid massive contributor to a multi-title team and you will be set for life with business opportunities in that city. I don't know if they still own them, but both Elway and Aikman owned car dealerships that they got into from business connections.

A lot of these pro-athletes seem to forget that being a Superbowl champ or even a n above average player on a great team is a lot like high school, in the sense everyone wants to be friends with the star athlete. The difference now is the nerdy kids are rich and would love to have their name associated with yours.

• 2Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What I never understand is how short sighted these guys are. Sure get as much guaranteed as you can, but leave room for others like Brady did. Be an under paid massive contributor to a multi-title team and you will be set for life with business opportunities in that city. I don't know if they still own them, but both Elway and Aikman owned car dealerships that they got into from business connections.

A lot of these pro-athletes seem to forget that being a Superbowl champ or even a n above average player on a great team is a lot like high school, in the sense everyone wants to be friends with the star athlete. The difference now is the nerdy kids are rich and would love to have their name associated with yours.
I am no pro athlete, so it's hard for me to judge, but I tend to agree with you. I did play sports through high school, and winning was absolutely the most fun shit ever. Losing, sucked. I would like to think I would take the Brady approach, and never demands the absolute top dollar to try and leave as much room as possible to build a winning franchise.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Sucks he is out for the entire season by doing the repair but far better for his long term potential

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
If he's willing to accept $28M a year, that's already not top 5 money. He'd be tied with Adams for 6th, with Chase and Lamb sure to get more than that.
Except there are rumors the 49ers already offered around that earlier and he said no. The rumors I heard were 27mil.

Everything I'm hearing is that he wants 30+ and he's just not a 30+ guy...yet. He could be, but I'm not convinced yet.