28mm Miniature Tabletop Wargaming Thread

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
The time line has the full length coming out next summer, it could change but I am excite. My greatest 40k love is grey Knights but imperial fists are up there too.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have a recommendation for a fluffy Salamanders Gladius list? Thinking 1850 range.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't know much about salamanders other than Vulcan lives and they love fire, but I'll look through my books and see what I can come up with, have you looked in angels of death?

Jx3

Riddle me this...
In case you don't Find the Angels of Death at your LFGS or you don't like what you see and don't feel like buying it. I'll also upload the Anvil Strike Force if you want. It's the generic strike force for this book.
WPTFTOn.jpg

CnCprN1.jpg

xJ1LysC.jpg

IXNdron.jpg

lc3ZtwS.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The gist I'm getting is that the Gladius strike force is essentially how I have my Space Wolves army built, except they get the drop pods for free. /rustled

I think I'll start with a Battle Demi-Company and give them a healthy mix of flamer and melta.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also I am pretty sure I have a digital copy of angels of death, pm me if you want it. You're pretty much right about Gladius, it gives you free transports, either drop pods or rhino

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Anyone try Kill Team 7.0? Possibly the only thing I'd consider getting back into the hobby for. Provided I can stand the BO at the local GW store.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I miss my final marine army before I quit. Was trying to loosely base it on US CAV. Was like all cadian green with bronze/gold accents and some black. Actually was well balanced in terms of making tournament comp points but still held it's own without being completely beardy ridiculous. (Lol rending assault cannon days where a few of those was better land raider killers than a las cannon)

Was before all the marine flyer transports.

Basically was a land raider with grey knight termi squad (No RL analogy)
4 rhino/razorbacks with troops (Stryker/bradleys)
Couple Predators (Abrams)
Speeder Squadron ( Apache?)
Couple dreads (No RL analogy?)

Before they came out with the AA tank, I also liked my VDR rules ww2 quad .50 tank. About the time I got out was having some fun with guard with static line + vets/storms in valkrie's.

Gwpropaintlibo.jpg

P1010339.JPG

P1010346.JPG

P1010351.JPG

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For those interested in the Warmachine scene. Not only did Chris Davies win the LCQ and move on to win the WMW Invitational (making it 12 games in a row) but he puked in the middle of his first round game and rallied with a beer before finishing it out.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
For those interested in the Warmachine scene. Not only did Chris Davies win the LCQ and move on to win the WMW Invitational (making it 12 games in a row) but he puked in the middle of his first round game and rallied with a beer before finishing it out.

He also was on the winning WTC team, and won iron gauntlet at lock and load. Winning the triple crown is pretty impressive!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like a puke and rally to win 12 in a row is more impressive then winning 3 events but what do I know :)

I am loving all the cry babies saying he only won because of his list.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's even better now because the models in his list had their points changed. So basically PP just gave those guys justification and the cry babies are getting so salty

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm enjoying having joined a couple 40k Facebook grips just for cool artwork and model pics posted here and there.

• 1Solidarity

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played 40k since 3rd edition, but the new 1k sons have me painting. Just finished these guys and Ahriman. Now working on Magnus.

IMG_8971.JPG

IMG_8970.JPG

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Very nice, yah got talent bro.

Been playing a bunch of KoW lately. Signed up for Daycon in Ohio and Manticon in TN. Might still go to Adepticon in Chicago and T-n-T in TN.
Wish I could go to Lone Wolf GT, I've heard rumors Phazael Phazael may show up to that.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I still have about 5k in of Warriors of Chaos on Square bases I am very close to rebasing to either try AoS or sell completely...

I tried KOW a lot but just couldn't get into it, felt very sterile...

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Very nice, yah got talent bro.

Been playing a bunch of KoW lately. Signed up for Daycon in Ohio and Manticon in TN. Might still go to Adepticon in Chicago and T-n-T in TN.
Wish I could go to Lone Wolf GT, I've heard rumors Phazael Phazael may show up to that.

Went last year with my flier elves:
15895525_1222876347750304_3028264761223829655_o.jpg

15994684_1222876351083637_3279223139606253816_o.jpg

But had better luck later in the year with Forces of Nature. Whether the wife and I go this year will depend on how we feel and if I can get my trident crap done in time. Alamo is still the best event in Texas (we have done to LW, Bayou, and Alamo in the last year) and now that Quake and Waughpaca are out of the mix, probably the best in the nation.